2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Mike Danzy?
16360248896066795216043022994174.jpg

Bill Walsh came up with it while he was Paul Browns QB coach with the Bengals.
Actually it’s Paul Brown that came up with the West Coast offense. I was listening to a podcast with Steve Mariucci and he said
“The west coast offense isn’t just an offense it’s a way of doing things. When we learned it, it was this is how you practice, this is how you install, this is how you eat, you meet, you have days off, this is the routine of the west coast offense that Bill Walsh who really got it from Paul Brown but he made it win Super Bowls when he took it his way but Paul Brown really invented the west coast offense and now it’s evolved into different things”

Why do memories of Parma Padua and Willoughby South keep creeping into my head. You young whipper snappers won't remember what I'm talking about but the memories are as vivid as if they happened yesterday. LOL.

Why do memories of Parma Padua and Willoughby South keep creeping into my head. You young whipper snappers won't remember what I'm talking about but the memories are as vivid as if they happened yesterday. LOL.
And Don't forget Medina "freakin" Highland. I was at this game with MC, 50 cent and Bassmaster. LOL!!! How 50 got to Akron is still a mystery.

How Fiddy is still AROUND is a mystery to me. Got a freaking picture a couple of months ago with him and Massillon Catholic. God knows where they were. LOL.

And Don't forget Medina "freakin" Highland. I was at this game with MC, 50 cent and Bassmaster. LOL!!! How 50 got to Akron is still a mystery.

Or Dublin Scioto in 2016, Moore's 2nd year. We actually had people calling for his replacement. Granted I thought they were idiots then and probably still idiots now, but the moral of the story is **** happens when you don't play well.

Maybe my memory is failing me. Wasn't that one of the big upsets years ago? Could have sworn that's who beat us one year. Must have been someone else. Someone help me here. PLEASE. LOL.

Maybe my memory is failing me. Wasn't that one of the big upsets years ago? Could have sworn that's who beat us one year. Must have been someone else. Someone help me here. PLEASE. LOL.
No, the 1980 Tigers defeated undefeated Willoughby South 21-6 at the Rubber Bowl in the playoffs. Are you thinking about Cincinnati Princeton in 1972?

You might be thinking of Brunswick in ‘96. Lost to them 7-6 in an absolute blizzard. With good weather Massillon wins by 20+. Was 9-0 lost to McKinley then lost to Brunswick.

You might be thinking of Brunswick in ‘96. Lost to them 7-6 in an absolute blizzard. With good weather Massillon wins by 20+. Was 9-0 lost to McKinley then lost to Brunswick.
BAM!! That's it. Thanks brother. Is that the game Bill Scott, our QB got hurt real early in the game?

No, the 1980 Tigers defeated undefeated Willoughby South 21-6 at the Rubber Bowl in the playoffs. Are you thinking about Cincinnati Princeton in 1972?
Not that far back Maxie. Although I also remember that game like it was yesterday. Donnie Mulbach broke his arm or something like that.

Playoffs 1979 Parma Padua won 12-0, Bill Scott sprained his knee trying to make a tackle after he threw an INT. Massillon was 10-0 going into the game.

Also remember the game (2adnd game of season 1975) in which Nordonia shocked the Tigers(6-6 tie) which resulted the the expression: "Nordonia who?".
Massillon's record for that season was 6 - 3 -1. Nordonia's record was 5 - 4 - 1. They had a good team according to Tiger coach Shuff but nonetheless still we were the favorite.
https://massillontigers.com/1975/09/12/1975-Massillon-6-nordonia-6/

Also remember Nordonia ??? many years ago ??? We cannot let down on this game for sure.

So what are your thoughts on Massillon at this point of the season. Before the season started and considering only 3 or 4 starters returned, I predicted 9 and 4 at best. This team has surpassed my expectations and confirmed that coach Moore is developing a solid program. To be honest, I didn't believe it was possible and that our past was as good as it would get. It's becoming evident that Mr. Moore is VERY good at what he does. The future looks bright.....

Status
Not open for further replies.