2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crable was the clear #2 guy last year, got all the backup and JV reps, has only gotten better coming off a freshman injury to his throwing shoulder, has been working hard to improve his mechanics with a qb coach, and has top tier running ability. Not sure why there is even a conversation about someone else starting at QB unless he is injured or somehow not on the team lol

The Tigers haven’t had many true “dual threat”
QB’s as starters.
Michael Clark back in 08’, split time with Partridge.
Steve Hymes 03’
Tip Danzy 97’
George Whitfield 95’
Willie Spencer 94’
Mike Danzy 92’ and 93’
John Miller 86’

Crable was the clear #2 guy last year, got all the backup and JV reps, has only gotten better coming off a freshman injury to his throwing shoulder, has been working hard to improve his mechanics with a qb coach, and has top tier running ability. Not sure why there is even a conversation about someone else starting at QB unless he is injured or somehow not on the team lol
IMO it would be because most people questioned his mechanics last year. On that point I think a lot of people don’t understand there is a lot of improvement in a years time.

IMO it would be because most people questioned his mechanics last year. On that point I think a lot of people don’t understand there is a lot of improvement in a years time.
Was also told that his longer throwing motion was at least somewhat due to his shoulder injury and still gaining strength back in it last year. Needed a little extra windup to get the velocity. His motion looks a lot more crisp from what I’ve seen recently.

Was also told that his longer throwing motion was at least somewhat due to his shoulder injury and still gaining strength back in it last year. Needed a little extra windup to get the velocity. His motion looks a lot more crisp from what I’ve seen recently.
You guys have not mentioned one of Massillon s best dual qb...Dennis Franklin, went on to star at Michigan at qb.

Hurst too in Moore's 1st year before he got hurt.

Another fun trivia Q would be top 5-10 father/son duo's. Shawn Crable was pretty special.

You guys have not mentioned one of Massillon s best dual qb...Dennis Franklin, went on to star at Michigan at qb.
I completely agree. However, most of these guys posting probably weren't even born when he led the Tigers back in '70. He!!, I wasn't even in high school yet and you KNOW how old I am. LOL.

Yes he’s much stronger than he was a year ago and that throwing motion is more over the top now, without the windup from what I saw. He’s a very smart kid and I believe when it’s all said and done he’ll be a lot like Spencer Jr. was

Congrats to Massillon Tiger sprinters (all football players) sweeping District titles in the 100m, 200m, 4x100m, 4x200m. And that was without reigning champs Ballard and Lamp, bypassing their senior seasons.

Sprinters include Freddie Lennix, Austin Brawley, Ardell Banks, Ta-Shaun Smith, Javontae Bradford. Nice job!

Made it back to Tigertown for a week and got the drone in the air last weekend.

Go Tigers!

Attachments

• 1671CD81-9B23-433C-AA02-2077F3CA8398.jpeg
    1671CD81-9B23-433C-AA02-2077F3CA8398.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.