2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t tell if the part about them not seeking out student athletes is sarcasm or not lol
It is not... they can't approach student athletes and actively recruit them. It is actually against the rules for them too. Now the Crable family could seek out Hoban if they wanted to see if that would be a good fit for their child.

It is not... they can't approach student athletes and actively recruit them. It is actually against the rules for them too. Now the Crable family could seek out Hoban if they wanted to see if that would be a good fit for their child.
Well they aren’t “allowed” to seek out players but of course they do and haven’t really faced any real repercussions for it

Kid can certainly play. Heard he looks way better throwing but there’s concerns about this freshman starting? Could be all made up but it’s what I heard

Crable lineage in Massillon goes back generations. Certainly would be disappointing for Hoban to be allowed to recruit away another Massillon starting QB but hey they took a Fox from Glenoak, Doss’ brother from possibly coming back to Mck, those brothers from Wooster, McKinnie from Barberton, their current projected qb from Medina, etc.

But yeah I’m sure all those kids never were contacted by Hoban

Crable lineage in Massillon goes back generations. Certainly would be disappointing for Hoban to be allowed to recruit away another Massillon starting QB but hey they took a Fox from Glenoak, Doss’ brother from possibly coming back to Mck, those brothers from Wooster, McKinnie from Barberton, their current projected qb from Medina, etc.

But yeah I’m sure all those kids never were contacted by Hoban
Doss brother from possibly coming " Back" to MK ? He was never there . Kirk lived in Dublin and played at Coffman before his brother moved back to the Northeast.{ Yes I know Doss's went to MK} Hoban was probably always going to be the destination. Hoban is a bonafide AAU type football program . Juggernaut who will continue to get many of that areas best players . They had the vision and they saw it through. Saw this coming 6-7 years ago . It may end at some point, but they will be THE destination for many top players going forward in the near future and win a couple more D-2 titles in the next 3-4 years . LaSalle is keeping up with the Jones's of power Ohio HS football landscape and Massillon is adding players every year themselves , but Hoban will likley always be a step or more ahead of them for a while.

Last edited:
Doss brother from possibly coming " Back" to MK ? He was never there . Kirk lived in Dublin and played at Coffman before his brother moved back to the Northeast.{ Yes I know Doss's went to MK} Hoban was probably always going to be the destination. Hoban is a bonafide AAU type football program . Juggernaut who will continue to get many of that areas best players . They had the vision and they saw it through. Saw this coming 6-7 years ago . It may end at some point, but they will be THE destination for many top players going forward in the near future and win a couple more D-2 titles in the next 3-4 years . LaSalle is keeping up with the Jones's of power Ohio HS football landscape and Massillon is adding players every year themselves , but Hoban will likley always be a step or more ahead of them for a while.
I realize that Kirk never went to McK but when Mike got a job in Dover/Philly area I believe it seems odd to not send him to your alma mater or a school closer than an hour away. Yep Hoban is an AAU football program competing against teams that aren’t AAU programs lol

This is just down right funny, Massillon fans complaining about a school getting kids! Yes these same fans that have the ballsack to call ANYONE hypocrites.
We get it and it has much more to do with some schools destroying the competitive balance, than what YOU feel is getting even with Massillon because of their past success!

When your school doesn't draw from 7 counties or three states they're forced to manipulate the rules as the parochial and privates have. (Massillon didn't get to consolidate the four other schools that they drew significant talent from, for their program). Open enrollment is the answer to evening the playing field, until the OHSAA figures out how to stop ALL the teams from assembling all-star teams.

Many teams drew and recruited a FEW players to improve their programs but the parochials made sure they put together teams few of the publics could compete with. Then we had the privates that drew from large division areas but because they had low enrollment competed against low division schools (e.g.: Graysville Skyvue had a once in a lifetime team but competed against Columbus Wehrle in the basketball state tournament https://www.timesleaderonline.com/s...oss-in-85-state-final-still-tough-to-swallow/ who started 3 College Div. 1 BB players (Francis, Funderburke and Brewster)!

It's time the OHSAA steps in and evens the playing field, so that the discrepancy some teams has built in to their athletic programs is eliminated or they are all placed in a separate division.

Last edited:
We get it and it has much more to do with some schools destroying the competitive balance, than what YOU feel is getting even with Massillon because of their past success!

When your school doesn't draw from 7 counties or three states they're forced to manipulate the rules as the parochial and privates have. (Massillon didn't get to consolidate the four other schools that drew significant talent from their program). Open enrollment is the answer to evening the playing field, until the OHSAA figures out how to stop ALL the teams from assembling all-star teams.

Many teams drew and recruited a FEW players to improve their programs but the parochials made sure they put together teams few of the publics could compete with. Then we had the privates that drew from large division areas but because they had low enrollment competed against low division schools.

It's time the OHSAA steps in and evens the playing field, so that the discrepancy some teams has built in to their athletic programs is eliminated or they are all placed in a separate division.
Private schools won state in the top two divisions by a combined score of 79-9...D1 publics can sometimes competes just based off large enrollment sizes but that goes away once you drop to D2 and you don’t have 800-1,000 boys to draw from

The expectation is to play. I just don't see the lure to Hoban when Massillon continues to have more successful graduates and sends Players to the league.
Rings. Free education next level. Not many of anyone going to the league. Sibley just earned his degree and is playing some at Pitt. Danny has 2 years at UK, 1 Yr Juco and 1 year at Vanderbilt. So 4 years of free college. In portal.

Rings. Free education next level. Not many of anyone going to the league. Sibley just earned his degree and is playing some at Pitt. Danny has 2 years at UK, 1 Yr Juco and 1 year at Vanderbilt. So 4 years of free college. In portal.
This is a Massillon thread. Please take your Hoban propaganda to another thread.

Hopefully Crable stays at Massillon. These Hoban rumors have him playing QB there? I've only seen glimpses of him in the past but how is he developing? Projected starter at Massillon?

Hopefully Crable stays at Massillon. These Hoban rumors have him playing QB there? I've only seen glimpses of him in the past but how is he developing? Projected starter at Massillon?
I have been told he isn’t going anywhere. There is no way Moore is the type to promise a kid a starting position in May, especially someone who wasn’t a starter last season. At this point I would say he is the “projected” started but it will be a good battle in the preseason for QB1.

He’s not going anywhere and will be the starting Quarterback. Our freshman to be at the Quarterback position isn’t quite ready to play varsity right away in my opinion. Not with Crable their anyway. But I guess we will have to wait and see. The good news for Massillon is they are going to be in good hands at the position for a while

Perfect setup really. Crable starts jr & sr then new guy steps in and ditto.

Now if the freshman (name???) is as good as Longwell he could start as a soph also, and Crable is athletic enough to earn a scholly on defense. Guess it depends on what kind of year he has.

Crable is a beast and will receive multiple (he already has one) d1 offers to play quarterback. I hope there isn't a QB controversy for the sake of team cohesiveness.

With our receivers and Hartson in the backfield for a couple more years, "if" he can also take off and run at any time, whew. That'll be hard to stop. Will be very interesting how much we let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.