2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Starting a thread for the 2021 football season. This thread will be for the Massillon fans and those that are genuinely interested in the Tigers in a positive way.

For those that want to cause disruptions or troll Massillon, they will be blocked from posting in this thread. Please do not start a second Massillon thread as these blocks are for single threads only.

If someone is causing problems, do not engage with those posts. Simply report it. I'm not on 24 hours a day (sometimes it feels like it), so give me a little time to get to it.

So who are we reloading with next year?

Hartson at RB will give time for Crable to get acclimated. JV and freshman teams were both very good. How do the younger lineman look?

HEAD COACH:

Nate Moore

Nate has compiled a 60-17 record during his six year tenure including a 16-5 playoff record. In Nate six years the Tigers have won 4 regional titles, played in 3 consecutive state championship games and has gone 5-1 vs arch rival Canton McKinley. The Tigers have made the playoffs 5 consecutive years after not qualifying in year one. More importantly than that, Nate has placed a great amount of importance on education and placing kids in college. Among the ways he accomplishes this is ma datory study tables, prep courses for college placement exams and organizing combines for current Massillon players where colleges come to the kids. This in turn saves families money on travel costs.

So who are we reloading with next year?

Hartson at RB will give time for Crable to get acclimated. JV and freshman teams were both very good. How do the younger lineman look?
We will have Lee and Woods back on the OL along with Nash and Jones who saw time on the OL this year. Turpin is another who could play OL/DL.
The defense will have a complete reload with Brawley the only returning starter.
There will be a lot of open starting spots next year and that should bring out a lot of competition which will just make this team deeper and stronger.

2021 Massillon Washington Tigers (Tentative)

08-20-21——
08-27-21——Canton Glenoak———Home
09-03-21——
09-10-21——Warren Harding———Away
09-17-21——
09-24-21——Austintown Fitch———Away
10-01-21——
10-08-21——
10-15-21——Wooster———————Home
10-23-21——Canton McKinley———Away
Would love to see a powerful D1 and a powerful D2 on the schedule. LaSalle or Hoban. Ignatius or St. Ed. Avon?

We will have Lee and Woods back on the OL along with Nash and Jones who saw time on the OL this year. Turpin is another who could play OL/DL.
The defense will have a complete reload with Brawley the only returning starter.
There will be a lot of open starting spots next year and that should bring out a lot of competition which will just make this team deeper and stronger.

Brawley is a Bo Grunder type. From their height and weight to their speed to their toughness. I look for Austin to have a great year on both sides of the ball.

Defensively Brawley will be a leader and no doubt a captain. There are just a lot of unknowns. Ryan Zentkovich and Freddie Lenix jr. are big big hitters. Tanner Pierce is a great athlete. In the defensive backfield we will be inexperienced but we'll have the athletes to be very good.

2021’s success will come down to how hard they work in the weight room right now.

Beasley will be an impact player on both sides of the field.

QB is going to be there interesting. Clearly Crable has the lead with a win under his belt. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the 8th grader and I was impressed with the Freshman as well. The Freshman team had quite a few play makers.

2021’s success will come down to how hard they work in the weight room right now.

Beasley will be an impact player on both sides of the field.

QB is going to be there interesting. Clearly Crable has the lead with a win under his belt. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the 8th grader and I was impressed with the Freshman as well. The Freshman team had quite a few play makers.
The 8th grade qb is special he will be starting in 2yrs ..

Would love to see a powerful D1 and a powerful D2 on the schedule. LaSalle or Hoban. Ignatius or St. Ed. Avon?
Avon has Brunswick, Medina, Glenville in Weeks 1-3 in 2021. I have no idea what Glenville will be in 2021 after not having a season in 2020. I would think 2022 would be the starting point for any Avon vs Tigers series, though.

The QB I am looking forward to is Owen Burick the freshman. Kid has a good arm and can run also. Needs to get in the weight room but he has the tools to be a good one.
I agree but iv seen them both I have kids on the 8th and 9th grade teams but this kid on the 8th grade team is special I heard Coach Moore made some delightful comments about the young man and that's a good sign... The owen kid reminds me of a Brody tonn.

Alresdy 3 away games ... Wonder how that will work for those of us that rolled the tickets over to 2021?

Receivers will be the least of our worries next year. Crable I see similarities to where Wesley was his age. Not your typical drop back pocket passer that we've become accustomed to, but that's ok. Just needs coached up and developed.

LOS compared to what a Hoban and LaSalle can throw at you on a yearly basis is the challenging part. For pretty much everyone.

As stated earlier we lose 3 great receivers which will play a role but....he's not there yet, but if he develops I could see a Willie Spencer Jr. type. That a big if though. I'm not crazy about Crables delivery, he kinda like 3/4 arms it but he's fairly accurate. Hopefully he goes to some camps.
Willie Spencer, Jr. He was a thorn to the Little Giants, 1994 Playoff game.

As witnessed in the title game Defense wins championships. What younger kids coming up look promising.

Funny, you never hear of the Fitch or Harding kids complaining about playing a team an hour away. Matter of fact I am sure it is a game they most look forward to on their schedule every year. Yet, there are 5 schools the same size as Fitch and Warren right in Massillon's backyard and they are not on the schedule.

To beat teams after the first 2 rounds of the playoffs you have to play a strong schedule. The 5 schools in our backyard would give us games that aren’t competitive. That was proven last year and again this year in the playoffs.

Just like the recently completed the MW-Louisville series from 2018 & 2019.

FYI

Going into the 2021 season, these are the Winningest High School Football Programs in Ohio:
1. Massillon Washington-——-909-294-36
2. Canton McKinley-————-851-361-42
3. Steubenville———————827-325-36

A winning percentage of 73% in 1239 games is incredible.
Valdosta GA is the leader with most wins in the nation they are 942-237-38 going into the playoff game they have tomorrow night.

Receivers will be the least of our worries next year. Crable I see similarities to where Wesley was his age. Not your typical drop back pocket passer that we've become accustomed to, but that's ok. Just needs coached up and developed.

LOS compared to what a Hoban and LaSalle can throw at you on a yearly basis is the challenging part. For pretty much everyone.
It all starts and ends with both sides of the LOS. We gotta get bigger stronger and just as fast IF we want to take out the likes of Hoban. Hit the weights boys !!!!

Please revisit the “10 Winningest High School Football Programs” at massillontigers.com. The list for these schools are updated weekly. The only teams that have games left for the 2020 season are: Valdosta, Louisville Male, Muskegon, MI. are Highland Park, TX. The other teams have completed their seasons. In addition, according to the GA Athletic Association, Valdosta has 937 Wins.
This site has them at 7-2 so far this season and with 942 wins. ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.