2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some fun facts about our week 7 opponent Euclid.

Front 2016 to 2019 Euclid went 34-13 for an average record of 8.5 - 3.25.

The opponents responsible for Euclid's 13 losses from '16 thru '19 averaged 10.3 wins per season.

Now throw in 2020, of Euclid's 16 losses from 2016 thru 2020....11 of them have been to Ignatius, St. Eds & Mentor.

"There IS a lot going on over here."

-JLP

The opponents responsible for Euclid's 13 losses from '16 thru '19 averaged 10.3 wins per season.

Now throw in 2020, of Euclid's 16 losses from 2016 thru 2020....11 of them have been to Ignatius, St. Eds & Mentor.

-JLP

Included in one of Euclid’s wins was a 49-48 victory over McKinley in 2019 at Benson.

-JLP

Keep in mind Euclid lost coach Jeff Rotsky, who completely turned that program around, will likely be slightly down after his departure, will still have plenty of talent back though.

My thinking is the only reason to move a game would be if one or the other has a possible opponent that could only fit into that week. Wonder which one it is?
You are correct. Warren Harding is playing Hudson in Week 3. Side note, Harding opens up with Medina in week 1, instead of Canton McKinley

You are correct. Warren Harding is playing Hudson in Week 3. Side note, Harding opens up with Medina in week 1, instead of Canton McKinley

I can’t believe the Bulldogs aren’t playing Warren in 2021. Very longtime rivals.

I can’t believe the Bulldogs aren’t playing Warren in 2021. Very longtime rivals.
I know. Did not like losing them on the schedule, even though Medina is a very good pick up for now. Don't know why we couldn't keep McKinley on week one though

Don't know about Mentor but Massillon will be VERY inexperienced in '21. I would like to see it too, but not until 2022, then hopefully moving forward it could be an annual event.
12 teams per region make the playoffs so I say just play it. We will be inexperienced too. And since you have pc already I don't see why you'd care about more. We both have some opponents mixed in who should be wins. And if you can't get in with 12 per region regardless of schedule , you aren't a threat anyways

12 teams per region make the playoffs so I say just play it. We will be inexperienced too. And since you have pc already I don't see why you'd care about more. We both have some opponents mixed in who should be wins. And if you can't get in with 12 per region regardless of schedule , you aren't a threat anyways

This Is one of the good things of the new playoff format, highly encourages strong matchups like this across the state. Could be very beneficial for teams like Massillon and the Saints in actually finding quality local opponents.

2021 Massillon Washington (From massillontigers.com & Arbiter)

Tentative

08-20-21——Pickerington Central——Home
08-27-21——Canton Glenoak————Home
09-03-21——Reynoldsburg—————Home*
09-10-21——
09-17-21——Warren Harding—-———Away
09-24-21——Austintown Fitch—-——-Away
10-01-21——Euclid————————-Home**
10-08-21——
10-15-21——Wooster———————--Home
10-23-21——Canton McKinley————Away

* Per Reynoldsburg Football Twitter
** Per Euclid Athletics Twitter

Warren Harding is now Week 4, St. Edward (H) is Week 5 (per Warren Harding coach, and St. Edward athletic dept.)

Warren Harding is now Week 4, St. Edward (H) is Week 5 (per Warren Harding coach, and St. Edward athletic dept.)

That is why I posted the word Tentative. The schedule could change a few times until the 2021 football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.