2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta think Milton wins over Riverside rather easily.
I know it's dangerous to score watch, but even throwing out the NR game Riverside lost to IL 48-19 (could've been worse).
IL lost to Springfield Shawnee 41-29
Shawnee lost to VV 25-7
VV lost to Milton 26-22

Overall I think Riverside plays hard for a share of the conference title, but MU wins this one 44-12
Twenty years ago I used to circular reason like you laid out, but matchups in football are very different one program to another and scheme of each is different, weather is different making score comparisons of little value. That said I totally agree but more from the standpoint of Riversides line is tough, their qb is excellent, but other skill positions are not up to Milton's IMO. I'm not the sharpest football mind though, which is why I'm on here and not out on the field with a group of teenagers right now.

Looks like they will be good for quite some time. We lose Neumaier and a couple of skill guys. Our Junior class is the bulk of this team. The qb is a Junior.
Seems like Riverside is more like Milton than anyone else in this league.

It's kind of ironic that the CCC schools start a new league to kick out Covington and Miami East right when those two schools are down in talent. Meanwhile they invite Preble Shawnee, who ends up beating all of them anyway.

It's kind of ironic that the CCC schools start a new league to kick out Covington and Miami East right when those two schools are down in talent. Meanwhile they invite Preble Shawnee, who ends up beating all of them anyway.
But for Arcanum, who was one of the ringleaders for the expulsions, it got them to 8-2 and a high playoff seed. Now to face Ft Recovery and see if they are as good as a 3-7 MAC school?

I'm not sure why Arcanum did that. Seems to me you get better playing better talent. Adding Preble was going from the frying pan into the fire. Not sure Covington, Miami East could beat them on a yearly basis.

The TRC was weak this year. Milton ran away with this title. 306-36 in league play. We return probably 90% of this team next year.
Riverside was much better than Northridge. They have a nice program up there.
Milton adds it's 21st league title, first since 2012. The JV finished with 1 loss, the Junior High won the league as well.
Milton needs to ride this wave and continue to play SWBL and MAC schools to maintain their competitive edge. I don't feel National Trail is a good game for MU. I would look at replacing them with a Brookville or Eaton.

Final standings:

SmartSelect_20211023-090109_Edge.jpg

Lehman is not a good fit. A good example is what is happening tonight in their game with Northridge. Playing a Saturday night game on the last week of the season because they do not have a stadium.

you’ll enjoy your trip to Maria Stein in a few weeks.

2 things.

1. If the Pirates win the first round, and second round, they'll play ML on a neutral field for that lopsided game. But, they don't have to travel to Maria Stein for it, since after round 2 games are played at a neutral site.

2. The fact that the Pirates have played themselves into an opportunity to potentially host two home playoff games, is something to be excited about for our program and community.

I'll take the glass half full approach. Good luck to your Knights as you take on an undefeated Preble Shawnee team that beat Tri-Village and Arcanum.

I was very impressed with Riverside. They are a great fit into any small school league like the TRC. I have a feeling that 2022-23 will also be great seasons for the Pirates.
This class at Milton has been a great one. The seniors were good and the sophomores will benefit from playing with these guys.
Lehman is not a great fit. They used to be, but now, not so much.
I was really shocked that Milton's band didn't make the trip. The Riverside faithful were very impressive in their support for the Pirates.

2 things.

1. If the Pirates win the first round, and second round, they'll play ML on a neutral field for that lopsided game. But, they don't have to travel to Maria Stein for it, since after round 2 games are played at a neutral site.

2. The fact that the Pirates have played themselves into an opportunity to potentially host two home playoff games, is something to be excited about for our program and community.

I'll take the glass half full approach. Good luck to your Knights as you take on an undefeated Preble Shawnee team that beat Tri-Village and Arcanum.
you’re right about the neutral site. congrats on getting yourself in that position. enjoy Sidney/Wapak and hoping your Pirate give the Locals a game!

Looks like the TRC will have the following playoff matchups.
Division IV Region 16:
7-2) Indian Hill @ 9-1) Milton-Union
7-3) Northridge @ 8-1) Clinton Massie
Division 7 Region 28:
5-3) Sciotoville Community @ 7-3) Riverside
6-4) Troy Christian @ 7-2) Notre Dame

Not official. Per Joe Eitel.

Looks like the TRC will have the following playoff matchups.
Division IV Region 16:
7-2) Indian Hill @ 9-1) Milton-Union
7-3) Northridge @ 8-1) Clinton Massie
Division 7 Region 28:
5-3) Sciotoville Community @ 7-3) Riverside
6-4) Troy Christian @ 7-2) Notre Dame

Not official. Per Joe Eitel.
I predict a 3-1 weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.