2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milton fielded about 50-55 players in grades 10-12 until 1980. That's when soccer was added and they played their first varsity season in 1983. The numbers went down to 35-40 for top 3 grades and the freshmen were added to the varsity due to decreased participation.
I think football participation has been dropping across the nation too during this time period in general. It's not 1980. Times have changed.

I think football participation has been dropping across the nation too during this time period in general. It's not 1980. Times have changed.
I used that as a reference for the dramatic drop in participation when soccer was added. I realize times have changed, thanks for reminding me of that.

League Standings
1. Milton-Union 6-0/ 8-1
2. Riverside 5-1/7-2
3. Northridge 5-1/6-3
4. Troy Christian 3-3/ 5-4
5. Miami East 2-4/3-6
6. Bethel 1-5/ 1-8
7. Covington 1-5/1-8
8. Lehman 1-5/1-8

Last edited:
Lehman beat Covington
Looking forward to that matchup next week in Degraff. I am expecting a really tough game. Riverside lost to Northridge and I don't see how. The Ridge is an ok team but, overall, not that good.
I expect a 7-14 point swing in this one. I know Milton is expecting a very hard fought game.

My playoff pairing predictions:
Region16:
Valley View @ Milton-Union
Northridge @ Clinton Massie
Region 28:
Miami Valley Christian Academy @ Riverside
Troy Christian @ Portsmouth Notre Dame

Region16:
Region 28:
That's a TERRIBLE match up for Northridge. They better hope Washington Court House beats Miami Trace and jumps them! What a trip from Troy to Portsmouth.........................

Region16:
Region 28:
A Riverside loss and a Nortre Dame win coupled with wins by St Henry and New Bremen could result in a 12-5 matchup between Riverside and Troy Christian. The L2 divisor for Notre Dame is going to be .85 while Riversides should be 100, that gives a disadvantage to Riverside. I have Riverside dropping potentially, but that depends on Notre Dame who has a very tough game vs Sciotoville Community. A Sciotovillle win could actually push Troy Christian down to 14 and likely face Cincinnati Academy if Riverside loses.

Figuring region 28 out is much more difficult than normal as teams with low L2 divisors (Lockland at .70) can jump over teams with high L2 divisors with wins over fewer opponets. Should both MAC schools win their games I think they will be at 4 and 5, though where a loss from Riverside places them depends on the Notre Dame vs Scioto game.

Here's my best region 28 guess and at this time it is a fairly wild guess for a week 10 situation.

1- Marion Local
2- Tri Village
3- Notre Dame
4- Cincinnati Academy
5-Riverside
6-St Henry
7-New Bremen

Last edited:
My guesses are simply to get the convo started. I have no idea who is playing. It's all just a big guessing game. Riverside could knock off Milton and then the whole thing is jumbled up.
I think MU wins, but it won't help them too much in climbing up. The league was too weak this year to help them. Hopefully, next year we see the TRC improve over 2021.
I believe Milton will secure a home game with a win and maybe head out on the road with a loss. I think Riverside and Milton are the two strongest teams in the league this year, at this point, and will both get home games.
Riverside being D7 helps tremendously if they win over MU. They would rack up some major pts and put themselves in a great spot. I would see them at a firm #2 over Tri Village if they would beat MU.
There are too many variables to make concrete projections.

I used to really enjoy when people would break down the computer point situations late in the season. With 16 teams now making the playoffs, it's almost impossible to do. The difference between the bottom third of R28 is very close. There are simply too many factors to feel very confident in projections.

I used to really enjoy when people would break down the computer point situations late in the season. With 16 teams now making the playoffs, it's almost impossible to do. The difference between the bottom third of R28 is very close. There are simply too many factors to feel very confident in projections.
I used to enjoy pulling out the scrap paper and working out my predictions. This year I started to but when I got to Lockland having an L2 divisor of. 71 for a final divisor vs Troy Christian's .97 it makes calculating very frustrating. Level 1 points Troy Christian 19 to Lockland 11. Level 2 points Lockland 26 Troy Christian 25. Lockland appears to be a solid team, not faulting them for not playing three games but at these lower qualifying levels a small L2 divisor is the single biggest boost to put a team in the playoffs.

For Fort Loramie, they need a Sidney win over Xenia to likely put them over the top. The winner of the Tri County North vs Twin Valley South is in unless some very strange things happen such as New Miami defeating Lockland. That would potentially block Twin Valley South from a path to the playoffs.

I used to enjoy pulling out the scrap paper and working out my predictions. This year I started to but when I got to Lockland having an L2 divisor of. 71 for a final divisor vs Troy Christian's .97 it makes calculating very frustrating. Level 1 points Troy Christian 19 to Lockland 11. Level 2 points Lockland 26 Troy Christian 25. Lockland appears to be a solid team, not faulting them for not playing three games but at these lower qualifying levels a small L2 divisor is the single biggest boost to put a team in the playoffs.

For Fort Loramie, they need a Sidney win over Xenia to likely put them over the top. The winner of the Tri County North vs Twin Valley South is in unless some very strange things happen such as New Miami defeating Lockland. That would potentially block Twin Valley South from a path to the playoffs.
Agreed. I think you've nailed two of the most important Week 10 items. Fort Loramie has to either beat LCC, or have Sidney beat Xenia. TVS/TCN is essentially a play-in game.

Looking forward to that matchup next week in Degraff. I am expecting a really tough game. Riverside lost to Northridge and I don't see how. The Ridge is an ok team but, overall, not that good.
I expect a 7-14 point swing in this one. I know Milton is expecting a very hard fought game.
Riverside simply played bad against NR, It was a bad team effort. However the loss seemed to be good for the pirates, they seemed to get back to the basics. Offense really struggled getting in rhythm and the NR backfield speed took advantage of a flat pirates defense. Also, NR ran counter over and over all season and had beat everyone doing it, but for some reason did not do it against MU. Pirates seem like a very emotional team so they'll look to bring the juice at home this week. To touch on another note, you had commented about the strength of the TRC. I agree completely. ME had been in the CCC (Cup-Cake-Conference) and winning a ton of games in there so I think the jump was a dose of reality to them. Bethel's coaching is BAD BAD BAD. They have no identity what so ever. Lehman is just bad right now.. As a guy who's seen a lot of Lehman, they will be back they're simply young but very well coached. Covington.. I'm not sure about this one, their kids are tough and they do play hard but they seem to be trying to do to much on offense and not mastering any of their offense, I also think they need better coaching. I think their coaches have decent ideas/views but no direction or how-to. TC has had a very weird up and down year, typically a good team and I don't think they played 100% every game after Riverside dog walked them, they had like 15 seniors and no JH team.. they might be in a little hot water. The top 3 Riverside, MU, NR, Should always be around to play and win some games in my opinion, a little generous with NR, due to size alone they should make the playoff from smaller conference play.

Riverside simply played bad against NR, It was a bad team effort. However the loss seemed to be good for the pirates, they seemed to get back to the basics. Offense really struggled getting in rhythm and the NR backfield speed took advantage of a flat pirates defense. Also, NR ran counter over and over all season and had beat everyone doing it, but for some reason did not do it against MU. Pirates seem like a very emotional team so they'll look to bring the juice at home this week. To touch on another note, you had commented about the strength of the TRC. I agree completely. ME had been in the CCC (Cup-Cake-Conference) and winning a ton of games in there so I think the jump was a dose of reality to them. Bethel's coaching is BAD BAD BAD. They have no identity what so ever. Lehman is just bad right now.. As a guy who's seen a lot of Lehman, they will be back they're simply young but very well coached. Covington.. I'm not sure about this one, their kids are tough and they do play hard but they seem to be trying to do to much on offense and not mastering any of their offense, I also think they need better coaching. I think their coaches have decent ideas/views but no direction or how-to. TC has had a very weird up and down year, typically a good team and I don't think they played 100% every game after Riverside dog walked them, they had like 15 seniors and no JH team.. they might be in a little hot water. The top 3 Riverside, MU, NR, Should always be around to play and win some games in my opinion, a little generous with NR, due to size alone they should make the playoff from smaller conference play.
Great break down underdog. ME and cov will be back. Just bad timing with new conference.

Reads like a coach posting. Ridge didn't try the counter vs MU, I think, due to the field conditions.
Milton also had a game like your Northridge game vs Oakwood. They were without some starters but overall, Oakwood outplayed them that night.
I fully expect Milton to give this game 110% due to it being Riverside. Lots of respect for that program.
Milton is very well coached and should be a force in the future. NR likely will not be. I see Covington and East making a comeback.

One huge thing for the Pirates will be the depth that Milton brings. They'll have too match the speed as well. Not saying they can't. Division 7 schools seem to overachieve. Look at Tri Village and Marion Local.
I don't think Million has a huge advantage due to size of school.

Last edited:
Reads like a coach posting. Ridge didn't try the counter vs MU, I think, due to the field conditions.
Milton also had a game like your Northridge game vs Oakwood. They were without some starters but overall, Oakwood outplayed them that night.
I fully expect Milton to give this game 110% due to it being Riverside. Lots of respect for that program.
Milton is very well coached and should be a force in the future. NR likely will not be. I see Covington and East making a comeback.

One huge thing for the Pirates will be the depth that Milton brings. They'll have too match the speed as well. Not saying they can't. Division 7 schools seem to overachieve. Look at Tri Village and Marion Local.
I don't think Million has a huge advantage due to size of school.
Depth is defiantly a true factor, agreed 100%. Speed, I don't think will be to different between the 2 teams, If anything I think Riverside might have a touch more. Also, any team that lines up and rushed at least 5 will clog up some stuff. Riverside is gonna have to be tough this week. I don't think MU has any advantage due to size this year. But I have a feeling at times in the future as teams experience the natural ups and downs of HS football, that may become a factor, but not when both of these teams are this good. How do MU playoff matchups look for the Bulldogs? Winnable first round or 2?

Depth is defiantly a true factor, agreed 100%. Speed, I don't think will be to different between the 2 teams, If anything I think Riverside might have a touch more. Also, any team that lines up and rushed at least 5 will clog up some stuff. Riverside is gonna have to be tough this week. I don't think MU has any advantage due to size this year. But I have a feeling at times in the future as teams experience the natural ups and downs of HS football, that may become a factor, but not when both of these teams are this good. How do MU playoff matchups look for the Bulldogs? Winnable first round or 2?
Depends on who the round 1 is. If it's Valley View, that will be tough facing them again. Otherwise, very winnable. Looks like we the #7 seed if we beat Riverside. If we lose, then likely #9. Indian Hill looks very good as well, lost their first 3-4 and haven't lost since.
MU has two first round wins in the playoffs since 2016.
2016: Cincinnati Aiken 55-18
2020: Greenfield McClain 36-10
This group of Dogs is young and hungry.

Last edited:
Gotta think Milton wins over Riverside rather easily.
I know it's dangerous to score watch, but even throwing out the NR game Riverside lost to IL 48-19 (could've been worse).
IL lost to Springfield Shawnee 41-29
Shawnee lost to VV 25-7
VV lost to Milton 26-22

Overall I think Riverside plays hard for a share of the conference title, but MU wins this one 44-12

Gotta think Milton wins over Riverside rather easily.
I know it's dangerous to score watch, but even throwing out the NR game Riverside lost to IL 48-19 (could've been worse).
IL lost to Springfield Shawnee 41-29
Shawnee lost to VV 25-7
VV lost to Milton 26-22

Overall I think Riverside plays hard for a share of the conference title, but MU wins this one 44-12
Could’ve been worse? Riverside had like 4 turnovers, how the hell could that have been worse. They played bad and handed them half their points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.