2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked at that. Troy Christian is a very tough team. Milton just out-athleted them. My gut is Troy Christian should win that game. Northridge is decent but not that good. I'm my opinion.

Computer rankings week 6:
Division 4: Region 16
#9: Milton-Union
#15: Northridge
Division 5: Region 20
#22: Bethel
Division 6: Region 24
#16: Miami East
#22: Covington
Division 7 Region 28
#7: Riverside
#12: Troy Christian
#23: Lehman Catholic
In position for playoffs:
Milton-Union
Northridge
Miami East
Riverside
Troy Christian

I'm shocked at that. Troy Christian is a very tough team. Milton just out-athleted them. My gut is Troy Christian should win that game. Northridge is decent but not that good. I'm my opinion.
Not going to lie. My gut was to go with Troy Christian, and I started questioning my pick when I saw everyone else's picks. I know nothing about Northridge but I thought their win over Riverside seems impressive. All in all this seems like it could be a very good game. Also, if you are able to "out-athlete" them, that might be a good thing for Northridge...

I think TC will have the advantage on the line and 'Ridge with skill kids. Interesting how it plays out.

The more Northridge competes within this league, the more faith I start to put in them. TC and MU are the only games left on the Bears schedule that are in question. I tend to favor both TC and MU, but then again, Northridge handled Riverside pretty easily. Northridge is familiar with MU from their SWBL days. Any idea when the last time was that Northridge beat the Dogs?

The more Northridge competes within this league, the more faith I start to put in them. TC and MU are the only games left on the Bears schedule that are in question. I tend to favor both TC and MU, but then again, Northridge handled Riverside pretty easily. Northridge is familiar with MU from their SWBL days. Any idea when the last time was that Northridge beat the Dogs?

TC beat Northridge last year rather easily without some key people. But the scores Northridge is putting up this year gives me a big worry that means absolutely nothing now.

The TC vs Northridge game this year is a Thursday night game on TV and should be rather entertaining. . I hope TC can get through a tough Riverside team and then a rivalry game with ME to setup another big game.

A really good Northridge really really helps this league in Football. We need it.

Joe Eitel has back to 2000, and the 2 schools have played every year but maybe a couple. Milton Union did not lose in the time span.

Milton has won 26 in a row.

I think Northridge has improved every year for the last 3 or 4. Their defense and line play are catching up to their skill kids.

That's the type of timeframe I was expecting. Should be interesting when they meet this season.
1974. Milton finished 1-9 in the old SWBL with no seniors on that team. They all quit in protest of Vietnam. Milton's only win that year was Tipp City. Milton hadn't lost to them prior to that since the 50s, I believe except for one tie in 1966 that was the only blemish on that team's record.

Joe Eitel has back to 2000, and the 2 schools have played every year but maybe a couple. Milton Union did not lose in the time span.
I believe the last time Da Ridge beat Milton was back in 1974. They did not play Milton from like 1982 through the late 90s due to Milton playing in the SRC . During that time frame Northridge had some good years under MacPherson.

Actually, this Ridge team is talented. They aren't like some other Ridge teams. Probably the best they've had in decades.
Never underestimate your opponent.
MacPherson had some really good teams in the mid 80s. Problem there is lack of parental involvement and a head coach that hasn't had much success. There has been talent.

Actually, this Ridge team is talented. They aren't like some other Ridge teams. Probably the best they've had in decades.
Never underestimate your opponent.
MacPherson had some really good teams in the mid 80s. Problem there is lack of parental involvement and a head coach that hasn't had much success. There has been talent.
Just as another type of benchmark, I'm excited for Northridge to play MU to get a better feel for how good the Polar Bears are. I'm also excited at the possibility of Northridge making the playoffs and playing one of their old SWBL opponents. Again, as another benchmark type of game. You've got to give them credit, they're having a nice season.

Early scores tonight, Northridge 14, Covington 6 1st qt

Got the Milton score above

Riverside 24 Troy Christian 0 halftime

Dont have a score on Bethel vs Lehman

Lehman 17 Bethel 7 at the half.

Riverside 31 TC 0 running clock 3rd qt

Northridge 28 Covington 6 halftime

Milton finally had one of their starting backs in this week. Miami East tried to make it a game. Minton just had too many weapons and too much speed. The flow of the game was hurting the Dogs in the first half. East is always going to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.