2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited to watch Riverside vs. Northridge this week. Everything I'm hearing from those involved with the team is how tough Northridge is, sounds like they have some players on their team. The Pirates are definitely respecting their opponent, can't wait to watch this one Friday night!

Excited to watch Riverside vs. Northridge this week. Everything I'm hearing from those involved with the team is how tough Northridge is, sounds like they have some players on their team. The Pirates are definitely respecting their opponent, can't wait to watch this one Friday night!
I am hearing the same. This is going to be an awesome game. If Riverside can control the big plays they will have a chance. Northridge has some great guys in space, if they get loose it could be a problem. I have not seen Riverside play in a few years. What I remember is just solid mistake free football. That could be a good recipe for a win against Northridge.

Last edited:
I am super curious the game plan TC puts together against the play makers of MU.

How do you stop superior athletes??
They said the same thing in Oregon about OSU. We will be short-handed this week. TC is a quality opponent and with our backfield being banged up, it's going to be a nip and tuck game. I know the Milton folks have immense respect for TC!

Issue for both is that they both run the Wing-T.
My thoughts exactly. TC won't have an easy time trying to make MU uncomfortable as it'll be like looking in the mirror. MU's defense faces that same type of offense every day in practice. I think TC can be competitive with MU, but ultimately this is a bad matchup for TC. TC wants to accomplish the same types of things that MU does, but MU is the better team with better overall players. I would say something like MU 28 TC 14.

Covington sitting at 0-4 heads to Bethel at 0-4 this week. Who is favored? It's hard to believe I have to ask that with the type of program Covington has been, but in 2021, I'm not sure who the underdog is and who the favorite is.
I got Bethel by 14 Covington just doesn't have it this year. I also heard three of their seniors got hurt at the game last week including their starting QB. Should be interesting.

I got Bethel by 14 Covington just doesn't have it this year. I also heard three of their seniors got hurt at the game last week including their starting QB. Should be interesting.
It's almost hard to believe, but I'm not doubting you guys either. They've struggled overall but their offense has been pitiful getting shutout 3 of 4 games. They're technically averaging only 6 points a game.

Congrats on being post 666. How many years has Milton ran wing T?

I think that's all Troy's coach has ever ran.
Bret Pearce brought it to Milton in 2000, so 21-years I believe. We used to run the Power-I back in the day.
Nolan is a Wing-T master, TC is a very formidable opponent with a very large line and RB. We will be without several starters tonight, including both of our RB's. Both backs will be underclassmen. We will have our hands full with them. If MU were to lose, it wouldn't be a shocker to me. TC is not your typical D6 school.
One positive is our QB, Morter, and Blake Brumbaugh will be out there.

Covington will be back. This is just a down year. Bethel hasn't been all that impressive either. Could be a close one.

Bret Pearce brought it to Milton in 2000, so 21-years I believe. We used to run the Power-I back in the day.
Nolan is a Wing-T master, TC is a very formidable opponent with a very large line and RB. We will be without several starters tonight, including both of our RB's. Both backs will be underclassmen. We will have our hands full with them. If MU were to lose, it wouldn't be a shocker to me. TC is not your typical D6 school.

Covington will be back. This is just a down year. Bethel hasn't been all that impressive either. Could be a close one.
How long will our injured RB's be out ?

How long will our injured RB's be out ?
I'm not sure. I was told they won't be playing. That could change I'm sure. Neumeier was hurt last week.
It's hard to say. After this week we have Miami East and Covington, so, they should be ready for Northridge and Riverside.
Right now, it looks like tonight will be a very close game. TC has some size and speed.

I'm not sure. I was told they won't be playing. That could change I'm sure. Neumeier was hurt last week.
It's hard to say. After this week we have Miami East and Covington, so, they should be ready for Northridge and Riverside.
Right now, it looks like tonight will be a very close game. TC has some size and speed.

Big week for our conference first year.
TC vs MU:
Probably the best team that TC has ever played. I am not feeling good about this matchup. There is a path for TC to get a win. One thing I dont understand with MU is there offensive game plan acts like they are undersized or not athletic enough. The exact opposite is true. Just simply get the ball in space to the studs, throw it deep a few times and you win every game. Making things to complicated right now and that is producing mistakes. MU 21 - TC 14. If this score is close though, TC could be a problem for the rest of the smaller schools on their schedule. (This is also to cover my bets as I picked TC in the pick em HA HA.)

I am not sure how TC is going to fit all the people in the stands. MU football travels great if I remember.

Northridge vs. Riverside:
My initial thought is that Northridge is underrated and Riverside is overrated. If Northridge blows out Riverside, that means they are an easy #2 in this conference and a threat to beat MU for the title. If Riverside wins, its just another year of never knowing what Northridge is week to week.
I cant count Riverside out though, they are well coached and they seem to play extremely hard. Northridge always has scary premeiter players, if they can just get a little bit of line play that can be dominate.

The rest of the league is still trying to find themselves.

the team I am curious there is Bethel. You can always count on internal drama, but they had some nice early season scores. The rest are rebuilding in down cycles.

It's interesting. Miami East went from a perennial playoff team to a team that has had two very poor years in a row. Now Covington has gone from a perennial playoff team for over 20 years to having it's worst season in memory. I agree that both programs can bounce back, but for ME, it's starting to look like a trend. 2022 will be huge for both programs long term, possibly for this new league as well. Originally I believe most expected Covington to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the league every year and for Miami East to be a very good, playoff type team.

It's interesting. Miami East went from a perennial playoff team to a team that has had two very poor years in a row. Now Covington has gone from a perennial playoff team for over 20 years to having it's worst season in memory. I agree that both programs can bounce back, but for ME, it's starting to look like a trend. 2022 will be huge for both programs long term, possibly for this new league as well. Originally I believe most expected Covington to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the league every year and for Miami East to be a very good, playoff type team.
Miami East has it's best athletes switching to soccer. They are becoming a soccer power. Is this the same issue for Covington?

Covington is down, based on some decent early performances from Bethel you would think Bethel big.
Covington's schedule has been brutal so far so it's hard to get a good read on them without actually seeing them yet. Bethel is awful. I don't know that there is any team they would beat big, or at all.

Covington's schedule has been brutal so far so it's hard to get a good read on them without actually seeing them yet. Bethel is awful. I don't know that there is any team they would beat big, or at all.
They could be. These two early scores were completive though against Kenton and Waynesville. Lets see.

Covington a down cycle with injuries also pushed me towards Bethel.

Miami East has it's best athletes switching to soccer. They are becoming a soccer power. Is this the same issue for Covington?
This is a trend also at TC. And maybe a trend overall nation wide. An awfull thing.

IMHO, one of the key reasons MAC are so successful is no soccer. In this conference, Riverside, Covington and Northridge have no soccer. A big advantage. TC would be state contender in football this year if their soccer players were WR and DBs on the football team.

Big week for our conference first year.
TC vs MU:
Probably the best team that TC has ever played.
In the last couple years that's probably correct.

But 2016 they played against the states top D7 team losing by a point.

2002 ( before any players on this years team were born) they faced off against a very talented Columbus Grove (13-1) and that year TC also played eventual state runner up Hardin Northern in the second round of the playoffs after they had knocked of a 10-0 Covington team in the first round. Any and all of those teams were outstanding.

2003 saw Columbus Grove again, Grove would end up defeating 8th seed Marion Local for the state title and go 15-0. I would actually say that was the best team a TC program ever played in regular season.

Lehman had some outstanding teams as well back around 2010. I believe Goings was the running back who they featured at that time. They lost to eventual state champ Delphos St John's but made it to state semifinal game.

New Bremen 2004 was another exceptional team and last but certainly not least were the times they faced Marion Local.

2014 they played their biggest school D3 Cincinnati Taft.

2006 TC played eventual state champion Marion Local. That was the game that ended TC and Marion playing each other . 55-6 but Local played everyone and tried everything possible to not run up the score after jumping out big .

Awesome stuff D4 great history A healthy 2021 MU could beat everyone of those teams. They have 3 d1 kids I belive.

This Milton team is good but not on par with the teams from 2005-2007 and 2012. We just have some decent kids that love to play football. Typically I'd be all over this saying how MU shouldn't be playing TC, but this Eagles team is concerning for me. Size, speed and great coaching.

This Milton team is good but not on par with the teams from 2005-2007 and 2012. We just have some decent kids that love to play football. Typically I'd be all over this saying how MU shouldn't be playing TC, but this Eagles team is concerning for me. Size, speed and great coaching.
Your one year away I think. This junior class could be your best ever?

Your one year away I think. This junior class could be your best ever?
No way. Not in my opinion. 2006 with Mitch Evans was the best of the modern era. Troy Christian is giving Milton a fight, as I thought they would. Size of the Eagles backs is wearing on Milton. TC secondary is keeping Brumbaugh quiet.

No way. Not in my opinion. 2006 with Mitch Evans was the best of the modern era. Troy Christian is giving Milton a fight, as I thought they would. Size of the Eagles backs is wearing on Milton. TC secondary is

Well done Milton. Milton 29 TC 9. Milton missing some key guys. TC had some chances, way to many mistakes.

TC may be able to make noise in the d7 playoffs if they keep improving.

MU needs to get healthy

Yeah. Brumbaugh was hurt tonight. Down both starting backs. We ran into a physical and well coached team.
Troy Christian will make noise in D7

Results week5:
Milton Union 29
Troy Christian 9

Northridge 28
Riverside 10

Covington 26
Bethel 21

Lehman 23
Miami East 28

Standings:
Milton Union 4-1: 2-0