2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not defending the guy but a little context and reality never hurts… Bethel is a once a decade “good” football team. That is just their community view on the program and the reality of their situation.

Looks like 2-8 in 2019 and took over in LATE July when Clodfelter bailed if I remember correctly? Less than 30 kids in the HS program and around 20 in JH.

Improved to 4-6 in 2020 through COVID Almost 40 kids in the HS program and 30 in JH.

Now 0-4 playing 3 ridiculous NC games (Waynesville, KR, Brookville) and a tough Riverside program that has been in an uptick the last few years with about 35 kids. Were there any COVID issues with the team Friday night? Missing any key players?

Hanging tough with Waynesville and KR the first 2 weeks seemed like a positive step for them only to get steamrolled by Riverside? Something doesn’t add up there… consistency is tough for HS kids.

Added the Covington D Coordinator and a guy from Milton Union to the staff. Heard they had some kids quit this year before season started or during 2-a-days? Maybe didn’t like the new expectations (a la Covington’s drastic fall this year) and decided the commitment to football just wasn’t for them… shocker. But the HS program has 30+ (40 with the dropouts) and the JH is close to 40.

Not aware of the suspensions? But if true, suspensions means admin is likely applying corrective action to support and move the program in a better direction or setting the stage to remove if not corrected. Didn’t they just lose both basketball coaches for this exact reason?

Things are looking up for Bethel. And sure, there is significant room for improvement, but as BlessEm said, they are too worried about winning PeeWee championships to address the true needs of their programs as they enter HS. If they want sustained success like the MU’s, Covington’s and Miami East’s (currently down, sure) they need significant improvement in community support, sacrificing individuality for program commitment and more purposeful and connected youth programs.
#### you have a bunch of excuses. And I understand wanting to protect your job. Unfortunately using racist remarks on social media usually can not be forgiven. As a former coach, you just aren’t a good Xs and Os coach and that will hurt your ego, but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Ferrell, you have a bunch of excuses. And I understand wanting to protect your job. Unfortunately using racist remarks on social media usually can not be forgiven. As a former coach, you just aren’t a good Xs and Os coach and that will hurt your ego, but it is what it is.
Swing and a miss. Just a community member who has a grip on reality and wants to see our programs succeed. I’ve got kids coming through the program and want to be sure we keep things in perspective regardless of who our coaches are. Novel concept for this school. Hope it changes.

Swing and a miss. Just a community member who has a grip on reality and wants to see our programs succeed. I’ve got kids coming through the program and want to be sure we keep things in perspective regardless of who our coaches are. Novel concept for this school. Hope it changes.
A community member huh? Well I’d start with your admin. They’ve forced multiple good coaches out. But being a coach who keeps getting suspended, just keep being you.

Not defending the guy but a little context and reality never hurts… Bethel is a once a decade “good” football team. That is just their community view on the program and the reality of their situation.

Looks like 2-8 in 2019 and took over in LATE July when Clodfelter bailed if I remember correctly? Less than 30 kids in the HS program and around 20 in JH.

Improved to 4-6 in 2020 through COVID Almost 40 kids in the HS program and 30 in JH.

Now 0-4 playing 3 ridiculous NC games (Waynesville, KR, Brookville) and a tough Riverside program that has been in an uptick the last few years with about 35 kids. Were there any COVID issues with the team Friday night? Missing any key players?

Hanging tough with Waynesville and KR the first 2 weeks seemed like a positive step for them only to get steamrolled by Riverside? Something doesn’t add up there… consistency is tough for HS kids.

Added the Covington D Coordinator and a guy from Milton Union to the staff. Heard they had some kids quit this year before season started or during 2-a-days? Maybe didn’t like the new expectations (a la Covington’s drastic fall this year) and decided the commitment to football just wasn’t for them… shocker. But the HS program has 30+ (40 with the dropouts) and the JH is close to 40.

Not aware of the suspensions? But if true, suspensions means admin is likely applying corrective action to support and move the program in a better direction or setting the stage to remove if not corrected. Didn’t they just lose both basketball coaches for this exact reason?

Things are looking up for Bethel. And sure, there is significant room for improvement, but as BlessEm said, they are too worried about winning PeeWee championships to address the true needs of their programs as they enter HS. If they want sustained success like the MU’s, Covington’s and Miami East’s (currently down, sure) they need significant improvement in community support, sacrificing individuality for program commitment and more purposeful and connected youth programs.
Bethel has 26 kids on their roster….

Milton 55
Lehman 7

Milton was without both starting backs tonight. Lehman started out strong. MU rattled off 55 unanswered points.

Bethel has 26 kids on their roster….
I count 31 on the Conference site. If they lost a handful of kids before the season from last years team that would have put them close to 40?

Most of the growth is in the younger grades which is why I say connection to the youth program is important. My kids are enjoying Wee Stingers, just wish there was more of a connection. Isn’t one of the wee stinger leaders on the HS staff? I’d think that would help and be a good way to connect? Keep interest and numbers up. 45-50 should be the norm for a school this size. Probably more than that in 5-6 years.

I count 31 on the Conference site. If they lost a handful of kids before the season from last years team that would have put them close to 40?

Most of the growth is in the younger grades which is why I say connection to the youth program is important. My kids are enjoying Wee Stingers, just wish there was more of a connection. Isn’t one of the wee stinger leaders on the HS staff? I’d think that would help and be a good way to connect? Keep interest and numbers up. 45-50 should be the norm for a school this size. Probably more than that in 5-6 years.
Idc what the site says, they have 26 on the team.

Team rosters change due to injuries and grades, etc.
Milton has a lot to work on. TC won't allow MU to make mistakes like they did against Oakwood and even Lehman.
I count TC about as good as Oakwood or better. Milton better get healthy and play lights out.

How much does the super have his hands in all the Bethel sports chaos? Bethel youth sports are wayyyyyyyy to serious for a programs that are average at best in HS. Just a weird athletic environment. Way to many cooks in the kitchin.

Bystandard and FromTheSeats are both about to get the boot.
Move on or move out. No coaches names, no kids names, period.
If I see one more post like above, you're both gone.

Team rosters change due to injuries and grades, etc.
Milton has a lot to work on. TC won't allow MU to make mistakes like they did against Oakwood and even Lehman.
I count TC about as good as Oakwood or better. Milton better get healthy and play lights out.
The problem will be TC must play exceptional. MU gives an average performance can win by 2 scores plus.

TC may be able to control the LOS. If so, it is still so tough with just a Rick solid mu team.

On to Week 4...
Milton@Troy Christian
Northridge vs Riverside both are really good games in the TRC.

That atmosphere in Troy will be great! Get there early.

Bystandard and FromTheSeats are both about to get the boot.
Move on or move out. No coaches names, no kids names, period.
If I see one more post like above, you're both gone.
Apologize if I violated some thread rule. New to this? I dont see a mention of a kids or coaches name beside incorrectly being assumed to be one of the Bethel coaches by the other poster.

duly noted ??

And to be honest. I’m only abiding by BlessEms rules so I can continue the Pick Em’s I’m in. ?‍♂️
I respect your opinions. I’m sure there are things about the program that need changed / fixed as is true with any program and school system. Just coming from a different perspective I suppose. Other than asking around and doing a little research myself about program history and having some vested interest as my family will be in the area for the foreseeable future until they tell us to move again, I just want to support the programs. Sounds like you’ve been around a while and have more to be jaded o frustrated about which I understand to some extent.

Good luck in your pick em’s. Moving on BlessEm ??

Covington sitting at 0-4 heads to Bethel at 0-4 this week. Who is favored? It's hard to believe I have to ask that with the type of program Covington has been, but in 2021, I'm not sure who the underdog is and who the favorite is.

milton beats tc by 3 touchdowns and that’s their closest game for the rest of the year, no one is going to touch milton until week 12 or later

milton beats tc by 3 touchdowns and that’s their closest game for the rest of the year, no one is going to touch milton until week 12 or later
I would worry about injuries and Northridge and Riverside. A peak MU loses to no one. A peak TC vs. an Average MU performance who knows. If TC can somehow keep MU explosive offense off the field is the chance.

I predict TC doing very well until the fourth, but MU depth taking over and final score something like 31-14.

Covington sitting at 0-4 heads to Bethel at 0-4 this week. Who is favored? It's hard to believe I have to ask that with the type of program Covington has been, but in 2021, I'm not sure who the underdog is and who the favorite is.
Covington is down, based on some decent early performances from Bethel you would think Bethel big.

MU JV is heading to Versailles tonight for a 5:30 start. It should be on NFHS.
Versailles is dressing JV and Freshman.
Probable play starting JV for a quarter. Then back up Jv for rest of half.
Versailles Freshman will play 2nd half If they substitute like they did on Saturday's JV game against Dayton Carroll.

Week 5 Picks:

Milton Union over Troy Christian
Miami East over Lehman Catholic
Riverside over Northridge
Bethel over Covington

This is an interesting week in the WOAC. MU vs. TC should be one of the biggest league games of the season. If MU plays it's best football, I don't think anyone will touch them in the WOAC this season. But if the MU shows up that played Oakwood, I believe TC can make that game interesting. We also have two games between 4 pretty poor teams. I would be lying if I said I felt good about either of my predictions for ME over LC or Bethel over Covington. None of them appear to be significantly better than the other. The sneaky game of the week could be Riverside vs. Northridge. The Bears have been an interesting team this season. Northridge sits at 2-2 with 3 very winnable games left on their schedule with Covington, Bethel, and Lehman Catholic. At 5 wins they'll at least be in the playoff discussion, but if they can sneak a 6th win from Riverside, they'll definitely be in the playoffs by my estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.