2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
A crazy stat as we head into Week 3 is that Covington has yet to score this season. They were shutout by St. Henry, 42-0, and then shutout by Mechanicsburg, 49-0. Now they head on the road to face a Fort Loramie team that is good and coming off a big loss of their own to Versailles. There's no guarantee Covington scores tonight either.
Covington had a breakout offensive explosion tonight, defense still let too many points go on board.

Covington, Bethel, Riverside, Milton, Northridge all lost tonight. Miami East and Troy Christian both won. Lehman plays tomorrow against a much improved Waynesfield Goshen.

Milton's mental mistakes hurt them. Oakwood is a decent team and playing at Oakwood is always tough.
On to week 1 of TRC play...

Week 1 of league play here we go. Milton and Riverside I believe will play the final game for the league championship. I believe Covington isn’t as bad as they seam all the teams they have played thus far are solid teams. I think TC vs Covington will determine who is third and fourth best. Not sold on TC they have played really weak teams. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Covington plays solid and ends up the second best team. So far we did not perform well in OOC games let’s see how league play turns out.

TC is for real and getting better every week. Looking forward to the Covington game this week.

Northridge played Oakwood and Carlisle close. They may be getting overlooked here. I still think MU is the clear favorite but it's hard to get a read on the pecking order after that due to varying degrees of difficulty of each team's non-conference schedule. Lehman, Bethel and Miami East look to be the bottom three teams, but I think 2-5 in the league are all capable of beating each other.

I have said all year that TC will challenge Riverside and Milton this year. Covington played tough vs a young and inexperienced Ft Loramie team.
I think Covington is a year away. Everyone else is Dog Chow. This loss to Oakwood was a wake up call. Oakwood is not nearly as bad as their first two weeks looked. Lehman is in for a beat down. The last time Milton played them it was a 28-27 Milton-Union victory in overtime.
I do like the Sidney stadium. It's one of the better venues to watch football.

Riverside made as many mistakes as they could last night against the Lake. Playing like that against a quality opponent, typically not going to end well on the scoreboard. It's frustrating because the Pirates have some talent and looked good the first two weeks, major drop off in performance last night. Hopefully they can bounce back and get better for week 1 of TRC play.

Week 1 of league play here we go. Milton and Riverside I believe will play the final game for the league championship. I believe Covington isn’t as bad as they seam all the teams they have played thus far are solid teams. I think TC vs Covington will determine who is third and fourth best. Not sold on TC they have played really weak teams. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Covington plays solid and ends up the second best team. So far we did not perform well in OOC games let’s see how league play turns out.
Could be , but I have TC and Riverside as near equals. Think they finish 2nd and 3rd. Covington and Northridge 4th and 5th, Bethel, Miami East and Lehman finishing out bottom 3.

Could be , but I have TC and Riverside as near equals. Think they finish 2nd and 3rd. Covington and Northridge 4th and 5th, Bethel, Miami East and Lehman finishing out bottom 3.
Don't write Milton in there yet. Talented and big, but the mental mistakes cost them that game. This Milton team could play with and beat most SWBL schools, except Bellbrook, I believe. They had a very good scrimmage that ended up within 4-5 points with Brookville.
What worries me is the mental aspect of the game for the Dogs. I'm sure that Troy Christian and Riverside will be aware of many flaws in the Dogs by the time they play.
I feel that the fact they are not familiar to TC and Riverside, will benefit Milton.
I think Milton has a tough game with Covington as well. There are no givens any week.

This thread is not going anywhere. TRC fans aren't very forthcoming with info.
I'm really disappointed in the TRC schools on Yappi.
Milton and TC seem to be the only two interested in chatting.

That's sort of how it goes. I just don't know that several of the schools have much of a following on Yappi. It's hard to believe how some of the TRC teams have fallen so low so quickly. Miami East, Covington, and LC all appear to be pretty down this year. 20 years ago, LC was a perennial playoff type of program. Obviously Covington has been for the past 25+ years as well. Miami East has had good teams but fallen on a few lean years. Heading into Week 4, I still think MU is the team to beat with Riverside and TC fighting for 2nd and 3rd. I'm surprised MU lost to Oakwood, but I'll assume some of that is due to the big win over Valley View the week before. Northridge is the one team that may exceed expectations. If the Polar Bears beat ME, I think they can be in that middle of the pack range for the league.

Milton lost due to Oakwood getting their QB back and Milton having many mental mistakes. Kind of like VV played against us.

Perhaps once we actually get a few games in conference that might help. In general you don't see as much conversation on Yappi style sites as 10 years ago. Is Milton football what it was 15 years ago or back in the 1970's? Lots of things to distract us in life.

If it's forthcoming chatter you want join us in the debate forum. Good pleasantries exchanged by all in wing of Yappi.

Good article on PressPros about TC.
I think if they stay healthy they are a force in the league. Good but thin. One or 2 injuries might make them drop lower than they should.

Good article on PressPros about TC.
I think if they stay healthy they are a force in the league. Good but thin. One or 2 injuries might make them drop lower than they should.
They are so well coached. But margin of error is just so slim right now against the big boys. They are are a team right now that could beat a lot of of people, but also lose to an average team. They have started out a little slow actually in my opinion with what they have. Nolan team histrorically get a lot better as the season goes long. The TRC will prepare TC so well for the DVII playoffs. That is one bad thing about Milton of not seeing the quality they may see playoff time.

And Milton, come on. Your our big brother. You cant be losing to Oakwood. Did they throw money at you to throw the game. I watch the Milton game a little and they are making things way to hard. Just get the ball to the two studs with simple concepts.

Perhaps once we actually get a few games in conference that might help. In general you don't see as much conversation on Yappi style sites as 10 years ago. Is Milton football what it was 15 years ago or back in the 1970's? Lots of things to distract us in life.

If it's forthcoming chatter you want join us in the debate forum. Good pleasantries exchanged by all in wing of Yappi.
I avoid debate like the plague. My comment was in regards to the TRC vs SWBL. SWBL has much more chatter than this league. I felt this one would be active since it's a one.
No Covington, East, Riverside, Lehman or Ridge posters. Just surprising.

I avoid debate like the plague. My comment was in regards to the TRC vs SWBL. SWBL has much more chatter than this league. I felt this one would be active since it's a one.
No Covington, East, Riverside, Lehman or Ridge posters. Just surprising.
It's no fun to post on down cycles. Once ME and Covington cycle good they will prob pick it up.

Surprises from week one of conference play?

I had a few.

1- Northridge, made a strong statement to be considered in the top 4 of the conference.
2- Covington looks to be no better than 5th at this point. Very much a surprise.
3- Riverside looked very strong vs Bethel. Was that a weak Bethel or strong Riverside?

Looking at the schedule we will know the likely pecking order of the top 3 in two weeks. Kind of stinks to have a conference title pretty much determined by week 3 of conference play. Riverside vs Northridge and Troy Christian vs Milton are two of the biggest games the conference will see this year. Then the next week Riverside vs Troy Christian will determine if the week 10 game between Milton and Riverside is for all the marbles. At this point, only Northridge appears to have the fire power to be a disrupter for the top three. Next weeks game with Riverside will be key to keeping the race interesting beyond week 6 of the season (week 3 of conference play).

I agree with Northridge being a dark horse. They just don't have the foundation there to win a title.
I still think the jury is out Milton and how consistent they are. They beat Valley View one week and then lose to Oakwood the next. Valley View blew out Oakwood.
Riverside seems to be in the same boat as Milton. TC is a strong contender at this point.

They're still caught up in pee wee football. I'll shut this down. Bethel fans need to cool it.
It was Pytel when he was there, Finfrock when he was there... Bethel can be good but the parents need to be quiet. It's been like this in Bethel for decades.

They're still caught up in pee wee football. I'll shut this down. Bethel fans need to cool it.
It was Pytel when he was there, Finfrock when he was there... Bethel can be good but the parents need to be quiet. It's been like this in Bethel for decades.
I get you want to keep it civil. But is it crazy for Bethel people to be upset with a guy who has 6 wins and 4 suspended games in the last 2+ years? In year 3 they’ve only gotten worse? I’m just playing devils advocate.

I wonder why nobody likes to post on this thread…..

I get you want to keep it civil. But is it crazy for Bethel people to be upset with a guy who has 6 wins and 4 suspended games in the last 2+ years? In year 3 they’ve only gotten worse? I’m just playing devils advocate.
Not defending the guy but a little context and reality never hurts… Bethel is a once a decade “good” football team. That is just their community view on the program and the reality of their situation.

Looks like 2-8 in 2019 and took over in LATE July when Clodfelter bailed if I remember correctly? Less than 30 kids in the HS program and around 20 in JH.

Improved to 4-6 in 2020 through COVID Almost 40 kids in the HS program and 30 in JH.

Now 0-4 playing 3 ridiculous NC games (Waynesville, KR, Brookville) and a tough Riverside program that has been in an uptick the last few years with about 35 kids. Were there any COVID issues with the team Friday night? Missing any key players?

Hanging tough with Waynesville and KR the first 2 weeks seemed like a positive step for them only to get steamrolled by Riverside? Something doesn’t add up there… consistency is tough for HS kids.

Added the Covington D Coordinator and a guy from Milton Union to the staff. Heard they had some kids quit this year before season started or during 2-a-days? Maybe didn’t like the new expectations (a la Covington’s drastic fall this year) and decided the commitment to football just wasn’t for them… shocker. But the HS program has 30+ (40 with the dropouts) and the JH is close to 40.

Not aware of the suspensions? But if true, suspensions means admin is likely applying corrective action to support and move the program in a better direction or setting the stage to remove if not corrected. Didn’t they just lose both basketball coaches for this exact reason?

Things are looking up for Bethel. And sure, there is significant room for improvement, but as BlessEm said, they are too worried about winning PeeWee championships to address the true needs of their programs as they enter HS. If they want sustained success like the MU’s, Covington’s and Miami East’s (currently down, sure) they need significant improvement in community support, sacrificing individuality for program commitment and more purposeful and connected youth programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.