2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
MU shouldn't be D4. Heck I hear they are closer to D6 now. Is that true?
MU has 2 very small classes in the high school now. They would be a small d5 if the state wasn't using enrollment numbers from 2 school years ago.

I wish MU still got $$$ from the gov't like they had more kids, but of course every other agency has managed to count students correctly.

MU boys number (from FEB of '19) is 204. Reality is closer to 165.

MU has 2 very small classes in the high school now. They would be a small d5 if the state wasn't using enrollment numbers from 2 school years ago.

I wish MU still got $$$ from the gov't like they had more kids, but of course every other agency has managed to count students correctly.

MU boys number (from FEB of '19) is 204. Reality is closer to 165.
Wow, that's a big difference.

Yeah. I think the new developments that are being built in West Milton will help but that's a few years away. We could see them D6 soon. Bethel, Miami East and Northridge will all be bigger than Milton.
Miami County schools by size:
Troy
Piqua
Tipp
Bethel
Milton
East
Covington
Troy Chr?
Bradford?
Newton?

Dograt, can you validate this?

I drive school bus for Bethel and can tell you that there will be up to 50 players in grades 9-12 this year. There are around 10 or more players in each class for the bees...And their could be enough to field a jv team. The freshmen team has a player who transferred last year to Bethel as an eighth grader, i dont know where from but his name is Cameron Ahrens. I dont know what he'll bring to the football field but he's about 6'5 210 and first noticed him on the eight grade basketball team last year. There are easily 15+ participants each for the 7th and 8th grade levels so far this summer. But as we all know, its too early to tell how many will stick around and contribute over the season. Our school is so crowded, we have students living in the district attending Miami East but we have just as many kids transferring here as they do transferring out. And they are currently looking for a strength and conditioning coach to assist the kids in starting a weight and physical training program.

Last edited:
I drive school bus for Bethel and can tell you that there will be up to 50 players in grades 9-12 this year. There are around 10 or more players in each class for the bees...And their could be enough to field a jv team. The freshmen team has a player who transferred last year to Bethel as an eighth grader, i dont know where from but his name is Cameron Ahrens. I dont know what he'll bring to the football field but he's about 6'5 210 and first noticed him on the eight grade basketball team last year. There are easily 15+ participants each for the 7th and 8th grade levels so far this summer. But as we all know, its too early to tell how many will stick around and contribute over the season. Our school is so crowded, we have students living in the district attending Miami East but we have just as many kids transferring here as they do transferring out. And they are currently looking for a strength and conditioning coach to assist the kids in starting a weight and physical training program.
I see they are dismantling the house and barns located on the land owned by the district just north of the present school footprint. Planning to build a new school on that location?

Yes that is where the new K-5 school and football stadium complete with all weather track are going. Not sure what else is going in there but the school district had purchased that land some time ago but some think they shouldve put the new school up by carriage trails. As an observation and from what several alums have told me. Most of the alums didnt want the levy to pass because most of them couldnt afford it and always thought the township would stay rural because it was what they were accustomed too....Now as for me, i was born, raised and schooled in another part of the state and as outsider employed at bethel, for years bethel was just a country township school with 35-65 (about 500-600 kids in k-12 total) kids in each class. I dont know how they got by with the income all those years because there is hardly any town or businesses to produce revenue, but a year or two before Carriage trails was built, the school got in the red and had to make cuts to the point of almost closing the school. Carriage Trails has grown steadily over the 10 years, and has added about 1000 students in that time, and the construction still continues at a slow pace. However it will never get south of US 40 between 202 and 201, However there could be some more development off of Palmer Road on the southeast corner of the interesection with 40 because some land got sold but who knows. There has some development down Dayton Brandt Road as some housing tracts are being located along dayton brandt towards aginbroad so that is bringing in more kids. Your only as good as your local school board as they have been criticized for the addition of the new gym that nobody wanted along with the addition and parking lot as they wanted the board to build the new campus and football stadium then. So it hasnt been without controversy I see they are dismantling the house and barns located on the land owned by the district just north of the present school footprint. Planning to build a new school on that location?s

My ex wife and her brothers graduated from Bethel in the 90s. It was a small rural school then. I see Bethel and Brandt, growing due to Huber. 10 years from now, you won't know the place. Bethel is already larger than Milton-Union. Would have never seen that one coming.

I am a Bellevue Redmen grad....I just work at Bethel as a school bus driver. However I do enjoy the field trips to sporting events and I will not miss traveling to places like Mississinawa Valley or traveling across the Indiana border in order to have a golf match with National Trail. Ive noticed that baseball and softball are big in this area and that schools go all out to make sure their fields are in top notch shape. Take Newton for example, I have never seen a school as small as Newton possess baseball fields as nice as they are. I was just blown away at their athletic complex...That coach that won the championship with Newton softball is coaching again...i hear he's a legend in these parts. Northmont is another school that has a very nice complex and takes pride in their baseball program. The only school i never went to is Bradford.

Lehman is no stranger to these schools. They were in the SRC before it broke up. Troy Christian and Riverside are newer schools to this group.

And throwing Dayton Northridge in this group....interesting. Its almost like their trying to mirror the bigger schools in the other league up and down I75. Travelng to Riverside will be just as fun as a trek to MIss Valley or Ansonia. BTW...enrollment is up at Tecumseh schools

If those privates recruited, had amazing facilities, and were state title contenders every year no way anyone would take them. But since these are not the classic big money great athletes private no real reason to not let them in.

There is a huge difference between the GCL style private and what we have.

How is everyone off season been going? I am really excited about TC is core guys. But, This may be the toughest schedule ever for us. Opening up with Tri village is brutal, TV brings back tons from a very potent offense.

Is the Milton WR a D1 prospect? He seems like a very solid MAC Type guy.
That's to be determined. I'm not seeing the athleticism from him that we saw with Mitch Evans. I could see him going to a D2 somewhere. But he's young yet. Anything could happen.

Role call:
Please post the school you're representing in the TRC.
Milton-Union
The better question for me is what school am I NOT REPRESENTING?

That would be Covington. I represent whoever is playing Covington that week. Ever since Sept 21 , 1974 I have rooted hard against the Buccs. The article in the New York times the next day was not very complimentary to the Covington program.

In this conference I am pro Northridge, Riverside, Miami East, Troy Christian and Bethel.

I am neutral towards Milton and Lehman, unless of course they are playing Covington.

Last edited:
The better question for me is what school am I NOT REPRESENTING?

That would be Covington. I represent whoever is playing Covington that week. Ever since Sept 21 , 1974 I have rooted hard against the Buccs. The article in the New York times the next day was not very complimentary to the Covington program.

In this conference I am pro Northridge, Riverside, Miami East, Troy Christian and Bethel.

I am neutral towards Milton and Lehman, unless of course they are playing Covington.
D4, you will hate and love almost every week. I am not familar with the nyt covington article. summary?

D4, you will hate and love almost every week. I am not familar with the nyt covington article. summary?
Up 92-0 Bethel drives the ball to the 2 yard line vs Covingon's JV. The Buccs bring in the starters to prevent being scored on. Bethel coaches spoke to media about the lack of sportsmanship in the minutes following the game.

Up 92-0 Bethel drives the ball to the 2 yard line vs Covingon's JV. The Buccs bring in the starters to prevent being scored on.
yikes-gif-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.