2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Morgan will be the new coach at Covington. He was an assistant at Minster.

Riverside has only won the terrible NWCC once in the last 10 years. I have no idea how anyone thinks they can compete in this new league.

Austin Morgan will be the new coach at Covington. He was an assistant at Minster.

Riverside has only won the terrible NWCC once in the last 10 years. I have no idea how anyone thinks they can compete in this new league.

What does compete mean? I will judge them by last year. They can compete based off that. You can be completive and finish 3-7. Competitive is not the same as good. No one said good. Some years when your competitive and lucky (refs, injuries to others, ball bounces) you can finish 7-3.

Morgan will bring that MAC-way of doing things to Covington. Young guy I'm guessing? Graham used to have a really nice football program. Not sure when this young man played there. Congrats to Covington.

Morgan will bring that MAC-way of doing things to Covington. Young guy I'm guessing? Graham used to have a really nice football program. Not sure when this young man played there. Congrats to Covington.
I think he’s prolly 28-30.
08/27 H Mechanicsburg. Looks like they do if this is correct. Tough out for Covington and their new coach.
Coach Forrest will definitely give Covington a test. Should be interesting as Coach Stokes is close with Coach Forrest and brought Coach Morgan on his staff 3 years ago

Looks like he was a 2012 grad from Graham. That probably makes him 27.
Covington hired a 27 year old JV defensive coordinator who spent 3 years at Minster.
From the outside it looks like either he blew them away, or Covington didn't get the applicants we all assumed they would.

I am very interested what the Covington faithful think of this hire.

Covington hired a 27 year old JV defensive coordinator who spent 3 years at Minster.
From the outside it looks like either he blew them away, or Covington didn't get the applicants we all assumed they would.

Yeah, maybe he's a ringer?

Who has the toughest schedule in the TRC this year? I think Covington runs away with that. Bethel is 2nd.
Toughest overall or toughest for them?
Overall I think Cov is #1 (StH,MBurg,FL). But I think Cov has a better shot against them than I give Bethel against Waynesville, Kenton Ridge, and Brookville. Add in that Bethel has to play Milton AND Covington, and Covington obviously doesn't have to play themselves and I'll say Bethel has the most challenging schedule, Covington the hardest.

It is an agressive play. If it is right, the upside could be great. Smaller schools have a harder time finding people sometimes. Swingin for the fences for a young guy is not a bad move. TC has the example of Ryan jones. He is now doing rather good at versailles.

Toughest overall or toughest for them?
Overall I think Cov is #1 (StH,MBurg,FL). But I think Cov has a better shot against them than I give Bethel against Waynesville, Kenton Ridge, and Brookville. Add in that Bethel has to play Milton AND Covington, and Covington obviously doesn't have to play themselves and I'll say Bethel has the most challenging schedule, Covington the hardest.
I don't think Bethel will win a game. That is a gauntlet of a schedule, Not much talent, and their coach can't seem to NOT get suspended.

I don't think Bethel will win a game. That is a gauntlet of a schedule, Not much talent, and their coach can't seem to NOT get suspended.
i can’t see them losing to Lehman Catholic. Troy Christian and Northridge should be good games. i think they’re 2-8. btw, who made that no conference schedule?!

I think that’s a good hire. Young guy who has coached with some of the best.

Go Pirates.

i can’t see them losing to Lehman Catholic. Troy Christian and Northridge should be good games. i think they’re 2-8. btw, who made that no conference schedule?!

With schedules being made at least 2 years in advance I’d assume whoever the AD / Coach was back when the TRC formed and started discussing 2021 schedules? Was that the current AD / Coach?

With schedules being made at least 2 years in advance I’d assume whoever the AD / Coach was back when the TRC formed and started discussing 2021 schedules? Was that the current AD / Coach?
eh, some of these games probably didn't come together until the start of this offseason. I think they've had the same coach. This schedule is a gauntlet for a program who hasn't showed many signs of life the last few years. I'll add that they scrimmage what will likely be a pretty decent Greenon team this August.

From my understanding, new admin thinks Bethel should be on par with the MAC.

Should be or could be? Shouldn’t everyone strive to improve and get to another level? Covington is exhibit A for this. Their OOC schedule is MAC heavy...

getting the right people in the right positions can make the world of difference for any program. Bethel certainly has a LONG way to go to get to MAC level and likely never will (Like anyone else not from MAC land)... but nothing wrong with setting goals and expecting higher standards I suppose. Just need community belief and athlete buy-in.

Do current admin have ties to MAC that would make that statement make sense? Or are we just trolling...

eh, some of these games probably didn't come together until the start of this offseason. I think they've had the same coach. This schedule is a gauntlet for a program who hasn't showed many signs of life the last few years. I'll add that they scrimmage what will likely be a pretty decent Greenon team this August.
If that is the case and it just started to be put together in the last 6 months I’d assume you get stuck with what’s available... Most programs, especially in football, schedule out a few years in advance. Definitely not a schedule that makes much sense given their history and conference schedule. Greenon is a good scrimmage for them and KR might not be as bad as it may seem but Waynesville and Brookville... ouch...

If that is the case and it just started to be put together in the last 6 months I’d assume you get stuck with what’s available... Most programs, especially in football, schedule out a few years in advance. Definitely not a schedule that makes much sense given their history and conference schedule. Greenon is a good scrimmage for them and KR might not be as bad as it may seem but Waynesville and Brookville... ouch...
Kenton Ridge, Brookville, and Waynesville are all desirable opponents so it almost doesn’t make sense they were late additions. i agree the Kenton Ridge game may not be that bad. Waynesville will break in a new coach and brookville is losing a good class. great harbins if Bethel wins.. but i don’t see that happening. just an odd schedule with the state of the program.

Who are the favorites to win league this year? I'll be a homer and pick my Dogs to run away with it. Riverside and Covington will be decent as well.

Surprised no talk involving the new 16 teams per region in playoffs?

Now how many of the 8 get into the playoffs? Would have to think at least 5 ? Milton, Covington, Miami East should be in based on tradition, Riverside likely as small school team. Then TC or Lehman? Talk about "be careful of what you wish for".

Looking at past seasons, I'll guess most teams that go 4-6 will make it in. So to me, the question becomes "how many TRC teams will go 4-6 or better?"
The Math says 4 teams should win 4 of their 7 league games, so then how many times will the 5th and 6th place (2 or 3 league-win) teams win a few OOC games to get to that fourth win?
I'll guess the 5th place team will have 3 league wins (3-5) and at least one OOC win. I'll also guess the 6th place team (potentially 2-6 in league) will not win 2 of 3 OOC games.

There you have it. 5 teams from this league will make the playoffs.

Which 5 in '21? No idea, but I'll guess MU, Covington, East, Riverside (I like their OOC) and the winner of the Northridge/Troy Christian game.

Status
Not open for further replies.