2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing this league can do is really challenge themselves in the non conference portion of the schedule. I feel the conference is going to be competitive some really good football games and we could send a lot of teams to the playoffs we all just need to play some tough ooc games to boost our points and keep our new conference strong. I don't want this to turn into the CCC. :)

Good thing about the 12 team playoff is, I’m ok being a 12 seed. I think a if we (Riverside) can get 6/7 wins, we can take on most teams that will be a 5 seed and lower..... cause ML and NB will be higher than that lol

I actually like it. I’m only for expanding because of the bye. They were looking at a 16 team playoff, 1 vs. 16? No thank you!

I only read page 1 of this, so maybe it was covered. But Riverside has some absolute "generational" classes in the current 9th and 8th grades in just about all sports. I see them winning this conference in football in 2 seasons, and having about a 4 year window of some deep playoff runs. I bet you could count on one hand how many games those 2 classes have lost in ALL sports (football, basketball, baseball).

They have been good classes thus far, (idk how good MUs JH team was, but they beat them 50-0 or something like that) but if they don’t work hard in the off-season it’s all a wash!

I know in the 1990s and 2000s I think the JH football team probably lost less than 10 games over 20 seasons, that was our best 2 decades in football, but I wouldn’t say they were ground Breaking lol.

They can be great, but they have to work harder now than ever, you don’t just out athlete teams in HS like you do in JH, you have to get in the weightroom and work to be good.

Milton's JH is looking at some smaller classes. The Dogs should be conference champs the next 2-3 years. We have some very good talent that will be fun to watch.
JH success is a harbinger of coming seasons but it isn't telling all of the story. Riverside might be the big dog here in a few years. I welcome that. Miami East will be hard for Riverside to take down in a few seasons. They are loaded. To say they should take every sport vs some of the talent that resides in this conference is pushing it a little. Northridge will rule this league in basketball, plain and simple. They are outstanding.
I see Milton being a middle of the pack in football and basketball in about 4 years. It's all cyclical. Covington is always going to be good in football.
I'm pumped about the TRC. Much better for Milton than the Buckeye Division was.

I only read page 1 of this, so maybe it was covered. But Riverside has some absolute "generational" classes in the current 9th and 8th grades in just about all sports. I see them winning this conference in football in 2 seasons, and having about a 4 year window of some deep playoff runs. I bet you could count on one hand how many games those 2 classes have lost in ALL sports (football, basketball, baseball).
vs What talent level? Northridge will dominate in basketball, period. Milton, East and Covington will always give anyone a fight. MU is used to playing programs with a lot of talent, i.e Valley View, Waynesville, Mid Madison, etc. All are bigger schools. Baseball....I have no idea about that. Milton should be ok in Wrestling, Track, Soccer and Boys Tennis. All are strong sports for the Dogs.

vs What talent level? Northridge will dominate in basketball, period. Milton, East and Covington will always give anyone a fight. MU is used to playing programs with a lot of talent, i.e Valley View, Waynesville, Mid Madison, etc. All are bigger schools. Baseball....I have no idea about that. Milton should be ok in Wrestling, Track, Soccer and Boys Tennis. All are strong sports for the Dogs.

Milton should win football every year, east and Covington should be good. Sounds like riverside has some upside coming
Northridge in Basketball
TC/Covington/East will battle for Wrestling this will be fun to watch if you are into wrestling
Track I know nothing about
Milton baseball is usually sub par, this league we should have tough games, Covington and east usually have good teams.

All in all this will be a good league for all sports!!!

Milton should win football every year, east and Covington should be good.

I'll say I expect Milton to be in the mix every year, but to say they should win every year is too far! I'm not going to discount what Covington has done. Schools this size are always going to cycle. East had a great group go through 2-3 years ago. Riverside has one coming up. Bethel also has a great group entering high school next year. I think any school can have their "up" year end in a league title.

Curious when you graduated STF? Seems like you were in a "up" cycle at Milton with some great athletes? And maybe bigger classes than MU has now?

I'll say I expect Milton to be in the mix every year, but to say they should win every year is too far! I'm not going to discount what Covington has done. Schools this size are always going to cycle. East had a great group go through 2-3 years ago. Riverside has one coming up. Bethel also has a great group entering high school next year. I think any school can have their "up" year end in a league title.

Curious when you graduated STF? Seems like you were in a "up" cycle at Milton with some great athletes? And maybe bigger classes than MU has now?
Ya we were pretty good when I was there. Had a really good quarterback lol :)

Just for the sake of being Devil's advocate with some of the news the past few days. What if Cates leaves Covington for Vandalia Butler. Covington has been good in football for 20+ years in the CCC. If they go to a new conference, with new competition, and then a new coach, what chance is there Covington falls off some in football? They're a model of consistency normally, but it's possible.

I would say the town cares alot about football and my gut is they will stay good. the wrong hire could certainly hurt that though.

I don’t think they need an out of this world hire, just not a bad hire. The culture is already good, and that’s the hard part.

They don’t have the athletes they used to right now, but they will have them again.

Milton should win football every year, east and Covington should be good. Sounds like riverside has some upside coming
Northridge in Basketball
TC/Covington/East will battle for Wrestling this will be fun to watch if you are into wrestling
Track I know nothing about
Milton baseball is usually sub par, this league we should have tough games, Covington and east usually have good teams.

All in all this will be a good league for all sports!!!
TC will be potential to win the conference in Wrestling, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer every year. Not that they will, but it will not be an easy out for anyone from the TRC in those boys sports in the next 2-3 years. They have great coaches and college level players right now in those area.

Now Football. great coach. They have some really good players. I am worried that TC former really good players are just 2nd league all conference now. I am also worried that in Football ME, MU, Cov will have those one or two special football athletes that TC cant deal with. I have said before, TC can compete with everyone, but can they beat anyone? I hope that makes sense.

Wow, excited to hear about Riverside coming. This conference is going to super super great. The smaller TRC teams will be helped by the Strenght of schedule issue in front of the OHSAA rules committee.

Dont forget about Lehman some of the historical quality those teams have had over the years.

Ya we were pretty good when I was there. Had a really good quarterback lol :)
M E? That group was a great one. I'd even go to say one of the best in Milton history. Talent at every position.
I say, Troy Christian will dominate wrestling, Milton will dominate Track and Northridge will dominate Basketball. Milton has a very good soccer coach. Track is a traditional sport at Milton due to being the home of an Olympic Gold Medalist.
Football will be very competitive as will girls sports.
I wish Lehman could get back to what they used to be. Riverside is a welcome thing being loaded up.

Last edited:
I'd say don't sleep on Bethel and Miami East in basketball either. Bethel has had some very good teams over the recent years, and Miami East's Freshman class is very good. This year alone they had a Freshman on 1st team, and a Freshman on 2nd team for all-CCC honors.

In spring sports, with baseball Bethel and Covington have been at the bottom of the CCC in recent years. Both schools have been struggling pretty bad. With track, Covington and Miami East have been 2 of the better boys/girls programs in the CCC. Both teams have had state champions in recent years, and Covington specifically, usually sends a large group of kids to the state track meet.

boys soccer will be good competition also. I believe 3 of the schools were league champs this year.
TC has been to the district championship every year since 2016 and won 4 of those years. On paper they will be the top dog. But the games with bethel and east will be tough as they have built rivalries there during this stretch. Milton has had recent soccer success too. The format of playing each team twice will make it interesting for the league title.

Status
Not open for further replies.