7-2) Indian Hill @ 9-1) Milton-Union: 35-31 MU
7-3) Northridge @ 8-1) Clinton Massie: 63-13
5-3) Sciotoville Community @ 7-3) Riverside: Riverside 41-20
6-4) Troy Christian @ 7-2) Notre Dame: Troy Christian 21-20

3 out of 4 I really like it. I want to see Riverside vs a MAC school. They will suprise some folks.

MU can make a great run here.

Thought the Riverside PA announcer was a bit of a homer. She was kind of funny. Not near as annoying as were Carlisle's and Waynesville's PA homers. Carlisle used to have an old ambulance that would blow off its sirens, which made the annoyance worst. We got back at them the next year with a muddy and high grass field.

3 out of 4 I really like it. I want to see Riverside vs a MAC school. They will suprise some folks.

MU can make a great run here.

Would've loved to see Riverside get the chance to play St. Henry or Bremen in the 3rd round. Not as excited to see them matched with ML, we did that last year with Kale Long on our team and it was a long night. Excited to see our Pirates try and make a run though!

Thought the Riverside PA announcer was a bit of a homer. She was kind of funny. Not near as annoying as were Carlisle's and Waynesville's PA homers. Carlisle used to have an old ambulance that would blow off its sirens, which made the annoyance worst. We got back at them the next year with a muddy and high grass field.

Our typical PA guy wasn't there Friday, our high school principal filled in for the Pirates. Her first time doing it, thought she did a good job for her first time. Our usual guy does a pretty great job.

Agree with the winners, not sure what scores will be. Hoping to watch MU make a run. Northridge's nice season will end this week. Riverside should roll. Troy Christian should win also since they're also matched with a Portsmouth school. Like Weiskittle said, the southern Ohio schools typically aren't that good. They just play a lot of other bad teams down there.
Last year Riverside hosted Lockland out of Cincinnati, wasn't sure what to expect, the Pirates won 50-0 and had 44 at halftime.

Excited to root for the TRC teams in the playoffs!

Would've loved to see Riverside get the chance to play St. Henry or Bremen in the 3rd round. Not as excited to see them matched with ML, we did that last year with Kale Long on our team and it was a long night. Excited to see our Pirates try and make a run though!
MSML is not a typical d7 program. They could beat 99% of the teams in d5-6-7. D4 they could beat 95%. Kirtland is their equal.
Schools like Milton and Riverside just don't grow kids like that. It's a dna thing up there. Although, the size of the Riverside kids was impressive! They were the largest we saw all year including Valley View. Riverside is a nice community.
My wife is from Coldwater and the biggest difference is the strong families, strong communities and work ethic passed down to 99% of those kids.
They probably love hunting as much as playing sports. Also, the parents know when to get involved and when not to get involved. They hire well and the coaches and teachers live in those communities and invest in them.

Our typical PA guy wasn't there Friday, our high school principal filled in for the Pirates. Her first time doing it, thought she did a good job for her first time. Our usual guy does a pretty great job.
She did fine. It was a home game and senior night. She sounded like she loved the kids and was happy for them. The Riverside fans were great, spirited, and were into that game. Milton just had too many weapons and too much speed. Not a real shocker in the end. Being D4 we should beat D7 Riverside 9 out of 10 times.

I do think their energy and toughness travels. Even a 20+ loss they will do the conference proud.MU top players easily start at ML so they have at least seen it. I hope they get a chance to kill TV.

I kind of miss those obnoxious PA's from Carlisle and Waynesville, plus Carlisle's Yeeehaw fans and a certain middle finger flipping former coach from Waynesville.

New rivalries will develop in the Three Rivers Conference, but all the teams and their fans are nice people. Hard to get fired up against them like Carlisle and Waynesville. The perfect type of rivalries are Valley View and Brookville. Those teams are good, have class and their fans know football.

Yeah, but I love the communities and schools in the TRC. When Milton was in the SW Division of the SWBL it was very fun.
Playing National Trail is boring. Actually, I think Valley View and Oakwood are getting boring. I'd like to see more teams from the CBC, OHC and MAC.

Yeah, but I love the communities and schools in the TRC. When Milton was in the SW Division of the SWBL it was very fun.
Playing National Trail is boring. Actually, I think Valley View and Oakwood are getting boring. I'd like to see more teams from the CBC, OHC and MAC.
i’m sure Greenon, Greenview, Northeastern, Tecumseh, and Graham would all love a game with Milton in the near future

Like to see a MAC school to replace Oakwood. Versailles, New Bremen or Minster would be a great series. Replace Valley View with Brookville.

I don't think St Henry would be as good of a matchup for Riverside either, they have a good line and great defense. New Bremen would have been intriguing but they are still likely a score or two better.

For twenty years this region has been MAC dominated. All those Lehman and Covington teams that were very good just not able to slip by MAC domination. I think if I recall correctly one Lehman team did win a regional in the last 20 years.

I fully expect Riverside to reach round 3 and that is an accomplishment few programs experience.

I don't think St Henry would be as good of a matchup for Riverside either, they have a good line and great defense. New Bremen would have been intriguing but they are still likely a score or two better.

For twenty years this region has been MAC dominated. All those Lehman and Covington teams that were very good just not able to slip by MAC domination. I think if I recall correctly one Lehman team did win a regional in the last 20 years.

I fully expect Riverside to reach round 3 and that is an accomplishment few programs experience.
The Asher-led Lehman teams were really tough. I've watched my own family that reside up in Mercer County, it's all about family, traditions and heritage. There really is no special formula outside of the kids being raised right and expectations being high, but fair. There's one more thing, no pee wee football.
Riverside is a nice community and I'm sure they will do fine.

The Asher-led Lehman teams were really tough. I've watched my own family that reside up in Mercer County, it's all about family, traditions and heritage. There really is no special formula outside of the kids being raised right and expectations being high, but fair. There's one more thing, no pee wee football.
Riverside is a nice community and I'm sure they will do fine.
Looked it up and Lehman won a regional in 2001 and again in 2008.

(5-5) Indian Hill @ (9-1) Milton-Union
(7-3) Northridge @ (8-1) Clinton Massie
(5-3) Sciotoville Community @ (7-3) Riverside
(6-4) Troy Christian @ (7-2) Notre Dame

The TRC playoff matchups are a little all over the board. MU wasn't given any favors as Indian Hill will be a solid team. Indian Hill is actually only 5-5. But they also started the season with difficult schedule playing McNicholas, Northwest, Taft, and Wyoming. Since then, they've responded well. I don't think this is the traditional type of Indian Hill team but one that will give MU a good game. I think the Dogs should be favored to win, but certainly not a gimme game. Northridge was given the most difficult opponent of anyone in the league. They'll be a heavy underdog against Clinton Massie. Riverside having home field advantage is huge as Sciotoville East will have a haul from Portsmouth. East's wins all come from winless or one win teams besides Bishop Rosencrans in Week 1. I expect Riverside to win that game. Troy Christian will travel itself to Portsmouth to take on a solid Notre Dame team. I would give Notre Dame the edge but do think TC can play with them if they show up ready to play. I see the league going anywhere from 3-1 to 1-3 in the first round with MU and TC being the swing games.

Looks like rain again this week. I really feel that favors Milton in this game. Riverside played well in the rain too.
I think the TRC comes out with 3 wins in week 1 of the playoffs. Milton, TC and Riverside.

7-2) Indian Hill @ 9-1) Milton-Union 43-42, could see this one going to OT
7-3) Northridge @ 8-1) Clinton Massie 42-7, not even close from the getgo
Division 7 Region 28:
5-3) Sciotoville Community @ 7-3) Riverside 35-20
6-4) Troy Christian @ 7-2) Notre Dame 28-14

I just don't think Notre Dame can match the physicality of Troy Christian. Let's not forget that Steve Nolan is the coach as well.

Should be a good game. Would love for a middle of the pack TRC team to get a tourney win. How us milton looking bless em. I worry the rain will hurt their speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.