2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have not clicked on that Covington scrimmage recap article that I shared. It does state that Covington only has 27 players on roster this year. I'm pretty surprised at such a low number, but it does not look good for them having a JV team.

I saw somewhere that they will not have one. This will be frequent in this conference I think. Milton will have one typically every year as will Miami East and TC. Riverside seems to be another that will have a JV.
I saw on CalPreps where Riverside is their pick to win the inaugural TRC. I guess we will see..

I mentioned over on the SWBL thread, VV only has 46 players itself this year with a new coaching staff. I'm wondering if Covington is seeing a bit of the same where a new coaching staff has something to do with it? I would be surprised if it didn't have at least something to do with it. Covington usually has 40-50 kids, correct?

Looks like Milton gets a real test this Friday night at home vs Brookville. The Devil's are always a very sound fundamental team.
Sounds like Milton will be a defensive team in 2021. Lower scoring games? Who knows
I would be really interested how Brookville looks as well. They simply don't have a large following on Yappi.

I saw somewhere that they will not have one. This will be frequent in this conference I think. Milton will have one typically every year as will Miami East and TC. Riverside seems to be another that will have a JV.
I saw on CalPreps where Riverside is their pick to win the inaugural TRC. I guess we will see..
Miami East will need their numbers to go up from last year. I believe they had low numbers and did not field a JV team last season. On the current TRC site, looking at the rosters that are posted. Northridge is currently at 50+ kids on roster, so they should be able to field a JV team. Lehman has 35 and Riverside has 37, so those 2 schools might be able to depending. I'm not sure what a good number is, but if all those kids are healthy, I feel like a JV team is possible.

Knowing how the computer programs carry over from last year to this year, Calpreps prediction does not surprise me one bit, and may be a valid bet as computers go off of what actually happened and not off of what should have happened. I'm sure Riverside got tremendous points for their take down of Tri Village.

My pre season pick after hearing a bit from scrimmage talk is Milton, Miami East , Troy Christian and Riverside making up the top half of the league in no apparent order.

I wouldn't count anyone out yet either, as Covington is working with a new coach and August is not October.

I'd say MU should be a factor with a returning D1 prospect on the team. Defense will be the strength for them this year. They have struggled with passing teams and Riverside is a spread offense.
MU will likely run the wing-t and pass very little. I think Troy Christian, Milton, Riverside and Covington will battle for the first TRC title. MU travels to Riverside in week 10. Could be a huge game.
Miami East has great coaching as does TC. TC is going to push people around with their o line. It's Massive.

I'd say MU should be a factor with a returning D1 prospect on the team. Defense will be the strength for them this year. They have struggled with passing teams and Riverside is a spread offense.
MU will likely run the wing-t and pass very little. I think Troy Christian, Milton, Riverside and Covington will battle for the first TRC title. MU travels to Riverside in week 10. Could be a huge game.
Miami East has great coaching as does TC. TC is going to push people around with their o line. It's Massive.
There is a large gap from MU at the top I think. I think their 14 points better than everyone. 2nd place is going to be a war.

Starting to think Northridge will be in the pack for 2nd. Covington ME and Bethel are arrows down this year so far.

There is a large gap from MU at the top I think. I think their 14 points better than everyone. 2nd place is going to be a war.

Starting to think Northridge will be in the pack for 2nd. Covington ME and Bethel are arrows down this year so far.
I tend to agree with MU being the favorite, and possibly having a nice gap between everyone else. A new league is interesting though to see how everything comes together. In my opinion, having Covington bring in a new staff and having low numbers weighs a lot into my prediction. I now see more teams fighting for 2nd through 5th place, than someone challenging MU.

What do you have on ME ?

What makes you place them with Bethel in the downhill group?

Last edited:
Wow, Brookville is just playing smash mouth and blowing Milton off the ball. Right now, Milton doesn't look very good. Disinterested at best.

How did all TRC teams perform tonight?
Bethel v Twin Valley South & Cedarville
Covington v Anna
Milton v Brookville

not sure on others.
Riverside beat Triad 27-7. Game was called in the 3rd with 4 minutes left due to lightning. JV was supposed to play the 4th Q. Pirates looked pretty balanced offensively, and defensively they forced a lot punts after Triad’s first drive which was their lone score on the night.

Milton lost to Brookville 21-17. Really concerned about a couple of areas of their game. Brookville is well-coached and fundamentally sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.