Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oak Hills (2-7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (1-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lakota West 35 Sycamore 7

Once again the west offense was very good. Hard to stop they hit you in the air and ground and Bolden kid looks way better throwing the ball. Sycamore looked good at first then just got ran over. West defense still looks shaky to me.

My thoughts:

1. Lakota West 9-1 (8-0)
2. Fairfield 8-2 (7-1)
3. Princeton 8-2 (6-2)
4. Colerain 6-4 (6-2)
5. Sycamore 7-3 (5-3)
6. Mason 5-5 (3-5)
7. Hamilton 4-6 (2-6)
8. Lakota East 3-7 (2-6)
9. Oak Hills 1-9 (1-7)
10. Middletown 0-10 (0-8)
East will be way better than that. They will finish 3rd or 4th in conference.

Lakota West 35 Sycamore 7

Once again the west offense was very good. Hard to stop they hit you in the air and ground and Bolden kid looks way better throwing the ball. Sycamore looked good at first then just got ran over. West defense still looks shaky to me.
Yea, this doesn't tell me much about Sycamore. They simply don't have the talent to matchup with Lakota West, and they won't have they talent to match up against Fairfield when they play them in the regular season. Sycamore also didn't really run Ingle tonight, and he will be running 20 times a game in the regular season, so I'm not quite sure what the potential of the offense is yet.

LW offense seems to be much better than last year.
They certainly have looked it so far. Did have some penalties that need to get cleaned up and turned it over on an interception. It’s important as I think the defense will need time to jell as they lost 7 starters off of it and some very good players as well as DC Gray to Winton Woods. Sycamore looked good at times at times on both sides of the ball and played well early and should be able to improve on just winning 1 game last year.

They certainly have looked it so far. Did have some penalties that need to get cleaned up and turned it over on an interception. It’s important as I think the defense will need time to jell as they lost 7 starters off of it and some very good players as well as DC Gray to Winton Woods. Sycamore looked good at times at times on both sides of the ball and played well early and should be able to improve on just winning 1 game last year.
Agreed, fortunately for West those 3 defensive returners are all D1 commits. No denying that Gray will be tough to replace.

Who won between Princeton vs Lakota East on Thursday
game ended 7-6 east after first couple minutes due to lightning. Princeton played with back up soph qb. Princeton had a busted coverage first play of the game. Princeton is very physical and fast. Don't see East having success with the option.

Does Lasalle have a good QB? Who is it?
LaSalle played two QB’s vs Fairfield. Both did fine, they are much different in skill sets. I was impressed with FairfielD’s linebackers. They shot the gaps, are physical, and shut down LS rushing attack on the first few series. #8 is a solid QB for the Tribe as well. 21-14 LaSalle in the 4Q when I left. They were both subbing galore and it was hot. LaSalle’s #12 Patterson as a pest at WR. He is tough to catch on crossing routes.

Agreed, fortunately for West those 3 defensive returners are all D1 commits. No denying that Gray will be tough to
LaSalle played two QB’s vs Fairfield. Both did fine, they are much different in skill sets. I was impressed with FairfielD’s linebackers. They shot the gaps, are physical, and shut down LS rushing attack on the first few series. #8 is a solid QB for the Tribe as well. 21-14 LaSalle in the 4Q when I left. They were both subbing galore and it was hot. LaSalle’s #12 Patterson as a pest at WR. He is tough to catch on crossing routes.
Thanks for info that’s good to know. I am worried about that QB situation there. We will see how it plays out.

You aren't missing anything, I made this point in his hiring thread that apparently many ppl don't want to hear. Parker, while possibly an improvement over their previous coach (wont be saying much) is overall a negative for the program, and definitely not some difference maker.

His "proven record" at WW is that of chronic under-achievement relative to the level of talent there. Hell, they missed the playoffs with the RB who is going to be OSUs starter as a true soph this year. WW had incredible advantage in being able to collect the best players out of several different districts, had several high level D1 college players, and yet never accomplished anything that a team with those kind of athletes should have.

The hallmark of good coaching is winning games that you shouldn't on paper. WW never did that, and quite often was in extreme danger of losing games that they definitely shouldn't lose, due to the execution, discipline, and play calling issues you mentioned above.

Princeton has a very good class of kids right now, and will probably go a long way based on their talent alone. Kind of like when Brady Hoke inherited a good group at Michigan and won 11 games his first year. But after a couple years, the coaching comes thru and they were 6-6. Expect the same type of deal here at Princeton.
U gotta be on drugs Parker is 20 times better than anybody Princeton has had the last however many years. They missed the playoffs because they were forced to play teams like Elder, Lasalle, Trotwood, St Ed’s, Moeller teams coming all in from out of town and they beat the majority of those teams multiple times. But u don’t have to worry bout it anyway because he won’t be there long he’ll have them deep in the playoffs very soon and he’ll be off to bigger and better things he’s easily one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the area if not the best

The junior QB is super talented and should really start. Experience is key. The other guy is needed in a defensive backfield that I didn’t think was very impressive last night. Of course, I’m no expert either.

U gotta be on drugs Parker is 20 times better than anybody Princeton has had the last however many years. They missed the playoffs because they were forced to play teams like Elder, Lasalle, Trotwood, St Ed’s, Moeller teams coming all in from out of town and they beat the majority of those teams multiple times. But u don’t have to worry bout it anyway because he won’t be there long he’ll have them deep in the playoffs very soon and he’ll be off to bigger and better things he’s easily one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the area if not the best
What has that coach done in D1 I need to know about? Everyone acts like this guy is Nick Saban. Until he proves he can win, it’s a mute point with Princeton.

LMAO @ WW being a "public school". Clearly making such a dishonest point shows you have no interest in rationally assessing what Parker did at WW

Which missed playoff year are we talking about? 2015? 2016? 2019? There are several to choose from over the last 6 years despite their multi-district, open enrollment roster.

Princeton has always had great raw talent, going back to the 70s/80s/90s. They key is, as it was at WW, do you have a coaching staff that can fully develop it into a team concept? Mancuso did a great job of that into the 90s, then Princeton fell on hard times when they couldn't find a staff to replace him.

And of course, being able to protect your best talent from private and open enrollment schools like WW/LaSalle/Moeller etc is a big part of that. Daniels got Princeton back on that path of keeping more of their best kids, that's foundational for hope in the program for sure. What happens now? Let's check back both during the playoffs and 2 years from now.
D2 school competing and winning vs GCL SOUTH SCHOOLS? Playing a crazy D1 schedule. Princeton will definitely be better. These kids are going to work harder than they ever have. Limited resources and an administration that didn’t fully support the program made it difficult. Only time will tell

My thoughts:

1. Lakota West 9-1 (8-0)
2. Fairfield 8-2 (7-1)
3. Princeton 8-2 (6-2)
4. Colerain 6-4 (6-2)
5. Sycamore 7-3 (5-3)
6. Mason 5-5 (3-5)
7. Hamilton 4-6 (2-6)
8. Lakota East 3-7 (2-6)
9. Oak Hills 1-9 (1-7)
10. Middletown 0-10 (0-8)
Agreed with ya on Middletown. I’m a Monroe fan and Alumni but in Middletown’s case they’re an embarrassment. A school that big should be good every year in every sport but their best players rather sell drugs and get kicked out school. Don’t matter what coach they get unless their best players can come together and stay out of trouble they’ll NEVER WIN ANYTHING. Don Simpson will be gone after this year if they can’t get to .500 which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

I gotta really do some digging, but I remember Coach Parker saying it was a calculated risk not scheduling a 10th game and that he was confident they would have made it only playing 9 games.
They had a game 10 with Little Miami but they backed out at the last minute. They dropped WW and added Simon Kenton. The only options were playing an out of state game. With already traveling to Missouri to play defending state champs Christian Brothers.
8. Little Miami 24.8500
9. Winton Woods 24.8890

LMAO @ WW being a "public school". Clearly making such a dishonest point shows you have no interest in rationally assessing what Parker did at WW

Which missed playoff year are we talking about? 2015? 2016? 2019? There are several to choose from over the last 6 years despite their multi-district, open enrollment roster.

Princeton has always had great raw talent, going back to the 70s/80s/90s. They key is, as it was at WW, do you have a coaching staff that can fully develop it into a team concept? Mancuso did a great job of that into the 90s, then Princeton fell on hard times when they couldn't find a staff to replace him.

And of course, being able to protect your best talent from private and open enrollment schools like WW/LaSalle/Moeller etc is a big part of that. Daniels got Princeton back on that path of keeping more of their best kids, that's foundational for hope in the program for sure. What happens now? Let's check back both during the playoffs and 2 years from now.
Kramer I think you’re from Elder? Most Elder have a lot of respect for coach Parker. I know Ramsey does. They talk during the off season sometimes

What has that coach done in D1 I need to know about? Everyone acts like this guy is Nick Saban. Until he proves he can win, it’s a mute point with Princeton.

Stop dummy. Parker is a good man and most of his time at WW was spent playing a murders row of competition for any school, let alone a D2 school. Few GMC schools would have scheduled...let alone beat the teams those dudes had to line up against. GTFOH

Parker is 20x better than Daniels? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Thanks for the laugh.

Yes, they played a tough schedule. And lost almost all the tough games. Again I'll say, which clearly is true because no one can refute it, that WW didn't win games they shouldn't have on paper. And often was in danger of losing games they 100% shouldn't have been against public schools like Olentangy and Upper Arlington the year they had a once-in-a-generation QB. This is NOT what good coaching does.

I can show you endless examples of poor play calling and coaching in the big games I've seen from them in the playoffs. D2 schools who recruit from multiple districts aren't some disadvantaged class, they are very often better than most D1 public schools. And with the number of kids WW has put in D1 college programs, they definitely should have been among these schools. WW underachieved relative to the talent they had, period.

Princeton has an exceptional amount of talent in their program right now. This year, probably enough to overcome average coaching for most of the season until it becomes really important in the playoffs. Again, let's check back during the regional finals this year, and again in 2 years to see where this program is.

Pretty good analysis - it was 14-14 with starters and 14-0 with the jv

He been playing a d1 schedule at Winton woods for almost a decade tf are u talking bout they’ve beaten every GMC team except for colerain which they’ve never played during his tenure as assistant and head coach. They’ve beaten every GCL team except X which they played once in 07 wen they were the number 1 team in the nation

Parker is 20x better than Daniels? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Thanks for the laugh.

Yes, they played a tough schedule. And lost almost all the tough games. Again I'll say, which clearly is true because no one can refute it, that WW didn't win games they shouldn't have on paper. And often was in danger of losing games they 100% shouldn't have been against public schools like Olentangy and Upper Arlington the year they had a once-in-a-generation QB. This is NOT what good coaching does.

I can show you endless examples of poor play calling and coaching in the big games I've seen from them in the playoffs. D2 schools who recruit from multiple districts aren't some disadvantaged class, they are very often better than most D1 public schools. And with the number of kids WW has put in D1 college programs, they definitely should have been among these schools. WW underachieved relative to the talent they had, period.

Princeton has an exceptional amount of talent in their program right now. This year, probably enough to overcome average coaching for most of the season until it becomes really important in the playoffs. Again, let's check back during the regional finals this year, and again in 2 years to see where this program is.
They lost most of those games? Wtf are u talking about they’ve beaten Lasalle Moeller Elder Trotwood all multiple times during his tenure. U can’t jus make up your own record please inform me of a team other than Hoban that’s been consistently beating WW?

And please inform me wat has mike Daniels done compared to Parker because his Princeton tenure damn sure don’t stack up to Parker at WW. And WW was winning before they had open enrollment they got to a regional final and won a state title without open enrollment. WW penalty issues has been goin on well before Parker became the coach and it ain’t gon stop now with a new coach for reasons we ain’t got to get into

Stop dummy. Parker is a good man and most of his time at WW was spent playing a murders row of competition for any school, let alone a D2 school. Few GMC schools would have scheduled...let alone beat the teams those dudes had to line up against. GTFOH
Good try. When he proves he can win in this Division I will give him his due. The way people talk about this guy he won’t lose a game in 10 years. Sure hope Princeton don’t go 6-4.