• Fairfield (2-7)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oak Hills (2-7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (1-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I missing something here? Parker's teams at WW weren't exactly highly disciplined. They did play with an attitude and chip on their shoulder that I appreciate and many teams don't do anymore. I don't expect Princeton to be much more disciplined, and I'm not sure the Vikings can play with the same attitude that WW did.

I'm interested in seeing the game management. Will they run nothing but man coverage on defense like WW did? Will they manage the clock well? Can they scheme around obvious deficiencies like the O-line? (Spread offense doesn't work out too well with a sloppy O-line). Will they be able to stay focused..... keep your head down when the hype starts, ignore the community and families that tell you you're a superstar and coaches are not right, etc.

Lastly, will they actually be in shape? Princeton every year looks like they are dying in the 4th quarter, under many different coaches.
I agree lots of cramping late in season ,

Top 4 comes down to:

Lakota West:
Can they fill the losses on front 7 from the grinders that graduated? They still have the superstars but the strength of their defense last year was depth across the board and having no real weakness to attack.

Can Mitch Bolden lead a component offense, or at least score enough for the defense to cover? LW has never really found a good QB despite all the talent that has gone through there the past few decades and Bolden usually follows the old Coombs model of putting your best on defense first.

Princeton:
Can the offense score enough points to overcome a usually weak defense? No doubt they have the QB and weapons but will having an actual competent in-game coach lead to a more consistent and dangerous offense.

Does having a better coach overcome the discipline and turnover issues that have doomed them in the past?

Colerain:
Where's the beef? Without Corleone, the lines have been tiny and pushed around the past few seasons. Can they find someone, anyone to at least be competent in these spots. The depth upfront is what has led to the decline, just too many kids have moved outside the district.

Can a Sophomore QB really lead the offense against LW and GCL defenses? He'll get thrown to the fire early against X and Lasalle but have Weeks 3-8 to grow before the real GMC tests.

Can Jarmon be this year's Jaylen Thomas? A few years ago the Cards offensive woes were made up for by a great 2-way player who became their biggest offensive weapon. Led them to the semis and maybe would have made the State final if not for a tragic car accident. I think Jarmon will be asked to do the same this year.

Hamilton:
Is always a dark horse but is this finally the year they break through against the top of the league? They have some studs but is usually QB play and lack of mid-level talent that hurts them.

It should come down to the last 2 weeks with Colerain getting both LW and Princeton to end the season.

LW defense I think will be better `than Princeton's offense and take the conference, especially since they meet earlier in the year before Princeton has gotten more games in with their new coach's system.
In my opinion it’s East getting the disrespect. They have the best QB in the conference, some key cog players and will have huge lines. Also people seem to ignore the fact Hamilton will give up mega points and have a very sketch defense at best.

It has been proven over the years athletes don’t matter if you have bad team discipline. Those teams lose the big games.

In my opinion it’s East getting the disrespect. They have the best QB in the conference, some key cog players and will have huge lines. Also people seem to ignore the fact Hamilton will give up mega points and have a very sketch defense at best.

It has been proven over the years athletes don’t matter if you have bad team discipline. Those teams lose the big games

LE defense ranked 7th in the GMC last year to Hamilton's 4th ranked defense. This is a new year, but LE wasn't killing it on defense at any angle.

Is LE a discipline team, because they had more turnovers than Princeton in the same amount of games. They also tied with Hamilton in turnovers leading up to the playoffs

It has been proven over the years athletes don’t matter if you have bad team discipline. Those teams lose the big games.
Kathman better than Lynn? By what metric?

Scrimmage play tonight West beat Elder 35-21 that was varsity score through 3 quarters. Back ups came in 4th. West Defense did not look that good, they need work. West offense though was an oiled machine. Elder never stopped them 1 time. West is in trouble if that’s all they have against ST X defensively. Looks like West is going to score a lot of points, but that D was average at best.

Elder has a nice passing attack like usual a bunch of guys that get to their spots and the QB was good. They could give teams a lot of problems. Defense was a step behind, Cam Goode ran all over them.

LE defense ranked 7th in the GMC last year to Hamilton's 4th ranked defense. This is a new year, but LE wasn't killing it on defense at any angle.

Is LE a discipline team, because they had more turnovers than Princeton in the same amount of games. They also tied with Hamilton in turnovers leading up to the playoffs
East also beat Princeton last year with that bad defense. East is a better team than Princeton. Just my opinion.

Heard Vikes and Wayne pretty even. Defensive struggle. Viking faithful pleased.
lynn went after the 3rd play of the scrimmage with a hand injury. He's easily the top 1 or 2 dual threat quarterback in the state. Very impressed with defense. Interior line made it hard for Wayne to run the ball. Offensive line will be better than a lot of people think they will.

Am I missing something here? Parker's teams at WW weren't exactly highly disciplined. They did play with an attitude and chip on their shoulder that I appreciate and many teams don't do anymore. I don't expect Princeton to be much more disciplined, and I'm not sure the Vikings can play with the same attitude that WW did.

I'm interested in seeing the game management. Will they run nothing but man coverage on defense like WW did? Will they manage the clock well? Can they scheme around obvious deficiencies like the O-line? (Spread offense doesn't work out too well with a sloppy O-line). Will they be able to stay focused..... keep your head down when the hype starts, ignore the community and families that tell you you're a superstar and coaches are not right, etc.

Lastly, will they actually be in shape? Princeton every year looks like they are dying in the 4th quarter, under many different coaches.

You aren't missing anything, I made this point in his hiring thread that apparently many ppl don't want to hear. Parker, while possibly an improvement over their previous coach (wont be saying much) is overall a negative for the program, and definitely not some difference maker.

His "proven record" at WW is that of chronic under-achievement relative to the level of talent there. Hell, they missed the playoffs with the RB who is going to be OSUs starter as a true soph this year. WW had incredible advantage in being able to collect the best players out of several different districts, had several high level D1 college players, and yet never accomplished anything that a team with those kind of athletes should have.

The hallmark of good coaching is winning games that you shouldn't on paper. WW never did that, and quite often was in extreme danger of losing games that they definitely shouldn't lose, due to the execution, discipline, and play calling issues you mentioned above.

Princeton has a very good class of kids right now, and will probably go a long way based on their talent alone. Kind of like when Brady Hoke inherited a good group at Michigan and won 11 games his first year. But after a couple years, the coaching comes thru and they were 6-6. Expect the same type of deal here at Princeton.

You aren't missing anything, I made this point in his hiring thread that apparently many ppl don't want to hear. Parker, while possibly an improvement over their previous coach (wont be saying much) is overall a negative for the program, and definitely not some difference maker.

His "proven record" at WW is that of chronic under-achievement relative to the level of talent there. Hell, they missed the playoffs with the RB who is going to be OSUs starter as a true soph this year. WW had incredible advantage in being able to collect the best players out of several different districts, had several high level D1 college players, and yet never accomplished anything that a team with those kind of athletes should have.

The hallmark of good coaching is winning games that you shouldn't on paper. WW never did that, and quite often was in extreme danger of losing games that they definitely shouldn't lose, due to the execution, discipline, and play calling issues you mentioned above.

Princeton has a very good class of kids right now, and will probably go a long way based on their talent alone. Kind of like when Brady Hoke inherited a good group at Michigan and won 11 games his first year. But after a couple years, the coaching comes thru and they were 6-6. Expect the same type of deal here at Princeton.
LMAO. Its sounds personal with you. Princeton is loaded with talent for years to come. How many public schools do you see winning the state championship year in and out. Parker overachieved with the resources and facilities at WW. The year WW miss the playoffs the team they had scheduled to play backed out and no one else would pick up the game. Which cost them to miss the playoffs by points.

LMAO @ WW being a "public school". Clearly making such a dishonest point shows you have no interest in rationally assessing what Parker did at WW

Which missed playoff year are we talking about? 2015? 2016? 2019? There are several to choose from over the last 6 years despite their multi-district, open enrollment roster.

Princeton has always had great raw talent, going back to the 70s/80s/90s. They key is, as it was at WW, do you have a coaching staff that can fully develop it into a team concept? Mancuso did a great job of that into the 90s, then Princeton fell on hard times when they couldn't find a staff to replace him.

And of course, being able to protect your best talent from private and open enrollment schools like WW/LaSalle/Moeller etc is a big part of that. Daniels got Princeton back on that path of keeping more of their best kids, that's foundational for hope in the program for sure. What happens now? Let's check back both during the playoffs and 2 years from now.

LMAO. Its sounds personal with you. Princeton is loaded with talent for years to come. How many public schools do you see winning the state championship year in and out. Parker overachieved with the resources and facilities at WW. The year WW miss the playoffs the team they had scheduled to play backed out and no one else would pick up the game. Which cost them to miss the playoffs by points.

WW had opportunity to pick up a 10th game, they chose not to. It was that decision that cost them the playoffs.

What school wanted to play WW? Why did they turn down the game
I gotta really do some digging, but I remember Coach Parker saying it was a calculated risk not scheduling a 10th game and that he was confident they would have made it only playing 9 games.

Just my thoughts….
1. West
2. Hamilton
3. East
4. Princeton
5. Mason
6. Colerain
7. Fairfield
8. Middletown
9. Sycamore
10. Oak Hills
Sycamore is going to be way better than 9th.....I know they were 1-7 last year, but they return just about everybody, are moving William Ingle to QB (remember when the rest of the league tried to stop Greg Simpson?), and are still coached by Scott Datillo.

My thoughts:

1. Lakota West 9-1 (8-0)
2. Fairfield 8-2 (7-1)
3. Princeton 8-2 (6-2)
4. Colerain 6-4 (6-2)
5. Sycamore 7-3 (5-3)
6. Mason 5-5 (3-5)
7. Hamilton 4-6 (2-6)
8. Lakota East 3-7 (2-6)
9. Oak Hills 1-9 (1-7)
10. Middletown 0-10 (0-8)

Why I am confident about Sycamore:

Starting O-line:

Jordan Hale-Frater 6-5 330, Sr
Trey Bell 6-5 290, Sr
Matt Decker 6-2 245 Sr
Andrew Cathey 6-4 280, Sr
Jacob Moore 6-6 280 Sr

All seniors, experience, and massive, and they have William Ingle running straight QB off tackle behind them.