2021 GCL-Co Ed

CJ is way down this year (compared to their 3 state years). Freshman and sophomore as their 1 and 2 pitchers. Looks like they don't have any senior pitchers and hardly any juniors on the team. Looks like only 12-13 players on their varsity. They've had 16-18 most years.

Can't base anything off of overall records as the competition levels in those games is very different team to team.

Peltier was outstanding. The game was 4-0 until the fourth inning. Then the bottom fell out for PM. Nonetheless Peltier threw an excellent game. Someone to follow going forward.

Peltier was outstanding. The game was 4-0 until the fourth inning. Then the bottom fell out for PM. Nonetheless Peltier threw an excellent game. Someone to follow going forward.
CJ's freshman star not sure what his name is but I heard he throws about 85mph, and has an exit velo of 98mph. That is unreal numbers for a freshman

Purcell Marian just beat Roger Bacon 2-1. They beat a good Roger Bacon team and a good Taylor team this week. They might be for real!

Man, CJ completely exploded offensively vs. Carroll. Frasure with a Grand Slam, Solomon and Downing with HRs each, 19 runs in total.

What has happened at fenwick? They have two DI caliber lefthanders in their rotation. According to gamechanger they are 2-9 thus far on the season, lost 1-0 to home school Trailblazers that everyone schedules for the W.

What has happened at fenwick? They have two DI caliber lefthanders in their rotation. According to gamechanger they are 2-9 thus far on the season, lost 1-0 to home school Trailblazers that everyone schedules for the W.
They have two D1 pitchers, ones committed to Cincy and the other I don't know much about. But other than that the team isn't that great. They most likely pitched someone who doesn't pitch often against them expecting to win.

Their 1 is going to UC, their 2 to junior college.

Alter got a statement walk-off win vs. CJ 3-2

Hopefully this serves as a turning point for this program

Last edited:
CJ is way down this year (compared to their 3 state years). Freshman and sophomore as their 1 and 2 pitchers. Looks like they don't have any senior pitchers and hardly any juniors on the team. Looks like only 12-13 players on their varsity. They've had 16-18 most years.

Can't base anything off of overall records as the competition levels in those games is very different team to team.
Very dumb question...and I follow high school sports. But what is a Co Ed league? Guys and girls mixed league??

Very dumb question...and I follow high school sports. But what is a Co Ed league? Guys and girls mixed league??
The Greater Catholic League and Girls Greater Catholic League used to be most of these GCL Coed teams along with the big all boys and all girls schools in Cincy (Moeller, St X, Elder, Seton, Mount Notre Dame, etc.). They were split into three divisions, South, Central and North. The Co Ed schools split off for a few reasons, mainly enrollment differences, to continue playing each other year in and year out. The GCL South and GGCL runs separately and mainly just plays each other and big publics in the Cincy area. They'll still play each other from time to time in some sports (mainly basketball).

There are eight Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Alter, Badin, Carroll, Chaminade-Julienne, Fenwick, McNicholas, Purcell Marian, Roger Bacon) that enroll boys and girls competing in the same league. They compete in the same division under the Greater Catholic League banner, the “Co-Ed.” The post above mine explains the reasoning for the label, as there are a handful in the GCL that only admit boys or girls.

There are eight Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Alter, Badin, Carroll, Chaminade-Julienne, Fenwick, McNicholas, Purcell Marian, Roger Bacon) that enroll boys and girls competing in the same league. They compete in the same division under the Greater Catholic League banner, the “Co-Ed.” The post above mine explains the reasoning for the label, as there are a handful in the GCL that only admit boys or girls.
Ahhhh...I get it. I appreciate the explanation Dock and GCLman.....makes sense now.