2021 Football

Well, definitely not a way you want to end the regular season. Moe had their chances last night, but mistakes cost them. I’m damn glad all the traveling is done (Dayton, Ironton, Cleveland and Detroit).
However, looks like #1 seed for the first time since 2000 —if memory serves. ReLoad will correct me if I’m wrong on that. ?Of course the last time as #1 Harbin didn’t go well for Moe. It was a 1st round L to Fairfield. Klonne’s last game I believe.
I don’t see a “one and done” this time as a #1 seed, but Moe has to reduce penalties and TO if they want to make a run. Not the strongest D, so must score high to beat the better teams in the postseason. Go Big Moe!

The next time I plan to get up to Cinci would be during week 3. Now if we can take care of business. Beat Oak Hills and the winner of the Fairfield-Mason game. Week 3 would likely be a match-up with Princeton which would be cool. Princeton didn't play Lakota East in the regular season so that could be a good match-up during week 2. The good news is we won't see X or LW until week 4.

Now if we can take care of business and not make the mistakes we seem to have been making most of the season. Last night against a very talented Detroit MLK team with half its starters D1 prospects, it hurt us big time. Not that my opinion matters, but I'm really pleased with the turn around that coach Elder has made with the team from last year. The development of talent in just one year has been remarkable. We are just a few game mistakes away from turning the corner. Things look really promising for the future. Go Big Moe!

#1 Moeller vs. #16 Oak Hills
#8 Fairfield vs. #9 Mason

#4 Princeton vs. #13 Walnut Hills
#5 Lakota East vs. #12 Sycamore

#3 Lakota West vs. #14 West Clermont
#6 Milford vs. #11 Lebanon

#2 St. Xavier vs. #15 Hamilton
#7 Elder vs. #10 Colerain

Turnovers killed them last night. The defense is not very good this year. Their performance last night was right up there with the X and Elder game.They miss a ton of tackles. They have trouble stopping the run and pass especially when a team is capable of doing both. I think they will be fine the first few games, but the Princeton game could be a problem because of their offense. Moe’s offense will have to be spot on after the first couple of games. Anyone know if the defense is running a new scheme or is it the same as last year? Maybe the players are just young.

Turnovers killed them last night. The defense is not very good this year. Their performance last night was right up there with the X and Elder game.They miss a ton of tackles. They have trouble stopping the run and pass especially when a team is capable of doing both. I think they will be fine the first few games, but the Princeton game could be a problem because of their offense. Moe’s offense will have to be spot on after the first couple of games. Anyone know if the defense is running a new scheme or is it the same as last year? Maybe the players are just young.
Cannot argue with those points. Same scheme, or at least same caller as last year, because HC takes care of D calls. The secondary has struggled, especially in those games you mentioned. It’s been a mix of Sr. Jr. and 1 So. there. D line is strong point IMO. But ultimately the O will carry this team through the playoffs; just not sure how far.

Injury report coming out of Michigan game? How is #6? Is #3 eligible for playoffs? GBM
I’ll give you the NHL version of the injury report. #6 suffered a lower body injury at St Ed. It appears he aggravated the same lower body injury last night. Maybe he can “rest up” this Friday. #26 ran a few times in his place last week and last night. Looked good!
I don’t want to say anything about #3 without knowing all the facts. I only have hearsay and that’s not good enough.

A good win last night. The most important thing in a game like that is coming away with no injuries. The game was not as close as the score might suggest. Most of the starters were out midway through the first quarter when it was 21-0. Next week will get tougher as Fairfield is no pushover. I know it has been brought up repeatedly, but is White still at school? There was another player wearing #3 last night so it appears he is not with the team. The kid was the most talked about player coming into the year and arguably the most talented….. the reason he is going to Kentucky. It just seemed like a strange year for him from the beginning. He played sporadically when he was in uniform and then he just kind of disappeared. Again, there would not be as much interest around the topic, but the kid was the team’s number one weapon coming into the season. The way Bryant is playing….imagine having him and White out there together at this time of the year.!

A good win last night. The most important thing in a game like that is coming away with no injuries. The game was not as close as the score might suggest. Most of the starters were out midway through the first quarter when it was 21-0. Next week will get tougher as Fairfield is no pushover. I know it has been brought up repeatedly, but is White still at school? There was another player wearing #3 last night so it appears he is not with the team. The kid was the most talked about player coming into the year and arguably the most talented….. the reason he is going to Kentucky. It just seemed like a strange year for him from the beginning. He played sporadically when he was in uniform and then he just kind of disappeared. Again, there would not be as much interest around the topic, but the kid was the team’s number one weapon coming into the season. The way Bryant is playing….imagine having him and White out there together at this time of the year.!

Yes, the White situation has gone from strange to bizarre. 4.29, 40 to no where to be found, and word is he totally healthy?

Overall, it's good to have a game like this once a season. It gives the starters a chance to rest and the rest of the team a chance to play. Starters were out at 5:00 left in 1st quarter and second string played to the half. Second half seemed to be all third string lots of sophomores and freshmen, but was kind of ugly. one 13yd punt and another straight into the chest of an OH player 10yds away, returned for a TD. Hopefully it'll be a good learning experience. Now let's go beat Fairfield.

Yes, the White situation has gone from strange to bizarre. 4.29, 40 to no where to be found, and word is he totally healthy?
I remember a somewhat similar strange situation with his brother a few years ago before he transferred to LW. I'm almost wondering if once injured and his UK committment was announced, senior week done, etc he decided to graduate early and head down to Lexington, but needs to transfer to LW to do that to get around religion requirements.

Congrats on the win Friday night. Good rest for the ones and so much fun for the backups at all level to get game action. I say we let the White thing go. Hashing it out with heresay makes matters worse. We stick by our young men on the field who are putting their hearts into it!

Congrats on the win Friday night. Good rest for the ones and so much fun for the backups at all level to get game action. I say we let the White thing go. Hashing it out with heresay makes matters worse. We stick by our young men on the field who are putting their hearts into it!
Well said MoeDude! GBM

Plenty of weapons on offense. When the O plays with few mistakes, one of the best I’ve seen this year. Let’s hope the defense steps up to the challenge this Friday. I’m a little worried.

I remember a somewhat similar strange situation with his brother a few years ago before he transferred to LW. I'm almost wondering if once injured and his UK committment was announced, senior week done, etc he decided to graduate early and head down to Lexington, but needs to transfer to LW to do that to get around religion requirements.

Sounds like the team has moved on- decided it’s a non-issue in their goals. Have to feel badly for kids who just want to play ball with their friends/classmates, but parents get in the way.

Sounds like the team has moved on- decided it’s a non-issue in their goals. Have to feel badly for kids who just want to play ball with their friends/classmates, but parents get in the way.
Anyone notice in the postseason hype video that Moe posted, he was in it? More than once. Hmmm. ?

Anyone notice in the postseason hype video that Moe posted, he was in it? More than once. Hmmm. ?
Like I said- The kids on the team are just moving on, he is their brother and they won’t exclude him just because the adults in his life get in the way. The seniors and captains on the team are a very solid bunch of young men- they wouldn’t leave a man behind.

Like I said- The kids on the team are just moving on, he is their brother and they won’t exclude him just because the adults in his life get in the way. The seniors and captains on the team are a very solid bunch of young men- they wouldn’t leave a man behind.
I know. Ugh. But, he was on the sideline last night. I was being hopeful. Need it, especially after seeing the big fella #84 off on a stretcher last night. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Attachments

• ADFCB698-3AE2-46E9-9108-0FC760298786.jpeg
    ADFCB698-3AE2-46E9-9108-0FC760298786.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 44
He was back! ? Not his best game, but probably understandably a little rusty. Hope to see him out there again on Friday.
Moe better have a great game plan if they want a chance.
Also, anyone else realize former Moe AD’s son starts for LW now? Interesting sidebar to this game, especially with all of the drama regarding the former AD.

He was back! ? Not his best game, but probably understandably a little rusty. Hope to see him out there again on Friday.
Moe better have a great game plan if they want a chance.
Also, anyone else realize former Moe AD’s son starts for LW now? Interesting sidebar to this game, especially with all of the drama regarding the former AD.
Yes I did notice- but knew they lived in LW area and have sons so not shocked. Never heard anything about where Asbeck ended up?

I think we will miss Kattus for this game. This will be a tough game to win and quite honestly the stakes are higher than just going to State. Bolden is building a monster of a program that will draw from beyond its boundaries and with so many of Moellers students coming from the area we need a great showing Friday even if we don’t win. But mostly, I hope for this senior class they get the W. No matter what, this team and coaches showed a ton of heart and grit- the Moeller community should be proud.

Yes I did notice- but knew they lived in LW area and have sons so not shocked. Never heard anything about where Asbeck ended up?

I think we will miss Kattus for this game. This will be a tough game to win and quite honestly the stakes are higher than just going to State. Bolden is building a monster of a program that will draw from beyond its boundaries and with so many of Moellers students coming from the area we need a great showing Friday even if we don’t win. But mostly, I hope for this senior class they get the W. No matter what, this team and coaches showed a ton of heart and grit- the Moeller community should be proud.
Not sure about where Asbeck landed.
? on missing #84. A true leader on the field and off the field. He was a huge reason for the W when Moe beat St Ed.
Think about the senior class and what they dealt with from their frosh year until now. Better yet go back and reread the posts from that time frame, it’s frightening. The team has exceeded my expectations. Let’s keep it going this week!