2021 Football

Who might be under center tonight? Noah or Van?
None of the video released by Moe this week (via news feed or social media) show Noah anywhere on the practice field. It was reported last week he was ill, non covid. I hope all is well with him, but it’s definitely concerning. I’d be shocked if he plays.

Last edited:
None of the video released by Moe this week (via news feed or social media) show Noah anywhere on the practice field. It was reported last week he was ill, non covid. I hope all is well with him, but it’s definitely concerning. I’d be shocked if he plays.
Thank You, wishing the young man to get well! GBM

Just hearing about the starting QB- sounds like he may be out for awhile, hope he is ok. Back up QB is a sophomore and struggled against X, but what a great environment last night.

Any good news to report on #12? GBM
The Moe kids say he’s back at school. ?
Unknown on his football status, bc I don’t know the details of his illness nor is it my business. I just care that he’s back at school. Fingers crossed he’s back on the field to finish his HS career sooner than later.

Kid doesn't have Covid so vaccinations have nothing to do with this.
Exactly! Sick, non covid. It was reported that way during the broadcast last week. But “looneyTune89” has made several posts on this site making medical claims about covid, the vaccine and masks. I’ll take what he says seriously when he shows us his medical degree. Anyway, hopefully QB1 gets some snaps this week.

QB1 back and Lasalle fell to the Crusaders last night. Lots of highlights from the game- next up Elder!

How do you guys feel about the current coaching staff? I get the impression fans think they're on the right track

How do you guys feel about the current coaching staff? I get the impression fans think they're on the right track
Moe has lacked stability since Rodenberg left. I have questioned some of their decisions on staff moves since then, including this group. Not because I don’t like these guys, but because I wonder if the HC will leave for greener pastures. That being said I like them all, minus the OC. Be curious why he left Trinity, and KSU before that.

Moe has lacked stability since Rodenberg left. I have questioned some of their decisions on staff moves since then, including this group. Not because I don’t like these guys, but because I wonder if the HC will leave for greener pastures. That being said I like them all, minus the OC. Be curious why he left Trinity, and KSU before that.
Oh you guys also have a former trinity oc huh? Haha lot of that going around

You talk way to much

I think we will see how it plays out in the coming years. I think Elder is a good coach. What I mean by seeing how it plays out is to see if coaches stay and they maintain some stability on the staff. Last year, Elder was not able to have a true off season due to COVID and inherited a program that was at rock bottom from Naumann’s year. He also was not a local guy, so he may have not had as many “local” connections when putting together a staff. It seemed like it took a while to complete the staff and he did not fill it mostly with Moeller faculty. Offensively, the cupboard is pretty full the next few years. Not quite sure about underclassman on the defensive side of the ball. I do know the team has made a big jump this year from last year. That is an indicator they are going in the right direction. Just keep it going!

High school programs that stay consistently strong seem to have long term coaches that have built solid programs. Moeller has seems to have struggled ever since the last couple years of Coach Klonne's tenure. Crable was a heck of a player and a good guy but he should have never been head coach. That in my mind started the tumble. Rodenberg is a good coach that rallied the program for a couple years but there always seem like something just wasn't right, since he brought in a lot of his LaSalle buddies. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

What a shame a deeper analysis wasn't done on what Rosfeld's long term goals really were. If it had been known he wasn't really into coaching high school for awhile then Pat Mc would have taken the reigns and I think we would have had another good long term coach rebuilding a solid program.

As they say, who knows what Elder's real long term goals are. He does seem to have things on the right track I just wish he would have reviewed policies and procedures more before getting the Big Moe in another recruiting fiasco that resembled what Crable botched with his Football Only Brochure.

Time will tell for sure but it does look like Big Moe is loaded offensively for awhile, let's hope they can make improvements to match on the Defensive side.

I think there is stability on the staff. I believe Elder has the same staff this year as he did last year. The only staff member he lost from last year to this year was the receiver coach who took a head coaching job at Summit Country Day. There was a lot of turnover from Rodenberg to Rosfeld, Rosfeld to Naumann and Naumann to Elder. I too still don't know about the OC. Game plan against LaSalle was great but the game plan the week before against X was horrible. All three levels of the program (Frosh/JV and Varsity) are winning. Good to see that. The next four weeks are brutal with Elder, St. Ignatius, St. Ed's and Detroit Martin Luther King. GBM!

I think there is stability on the staff. I believe Elder has the same staff this year as he did last year. The only staff member he lost from last year to this year was the receiver coach who took a head coaching job at Summit Country Day. There was a lot of turnover from Rodenberg to Rosfeld, Rosfeld to Naumann and Naumann to Elder. I too still don't know about the OC. Game plan against LaSalle was great but the game plan the week before against X was horrible. All three levels of the program (Frosh/JV and Varsity) are winning. Good to see that. The next four weeks are brutal with Elder, St. Ignatius, St. Ed's and Detroit Martin Luther King. GBM!
That could also be a function of lasalle not being all that great and x being very good. Although the score was not pretty, it was still the 2nd or 3rd most competitive game X has played this season. If you go by running clock, X did not reach the running clock against Lakota west, but they have against everyone else. Of those games, the running clock started latest against Moeller for whatever that means. At the very least, Moeller is much improved from where they’ve been it seems

The offense is putting up big numbers, but I would love for them to take a page out of X/Coverdale’s playbook. Against Moeller, they ran spread, but they also lined up under center and essentially played smash mouth football and ran the ball down Moe’s throat. It really kept Moe off balance. They did not know what was coming. The finesse stuff has its place, but Moeller has the horses with Marshall and #6 to run the ball right at people, too.

I think we will see how it plays out in the coming years. I think Elder is a good coach. What I mean by seeing how it plays out is to see if coaches stay and they maintain some stability on the staff. Last year, Elder was not able to have a true off season due to COVID and inherited a program that was at rock bottom from Naumann’s year. He also was not a local guy, so he may have not had as many “local” connections when putting together a staff. It seemed like it took a while to complete the staff and he did not fill it mostly with Moeller faculty. Offensively, the cupboard is pretty full the next few years. Not quite sure about underclassman on the defensive side of the ball. I do know the team has made a big jump this year from last year. That is an indicator they are going in the right direction. Just keep it going!

On Defense Moe starts 5 Juniors, and rotates in 4-5 other underclassmen including 2 Soph's. On offense, it looks like 5 juniors (including 4 jr Oline) and 1 soph start, with a Soph QB and Soph TE who also rotate in.

The X game is hard to judge the OC by- the QB being out sick changed everything for their game plan in a short amount of time. They lost a couple of their stronger backup in the past couple of years to transfers so the QB at the X game was clearly over his head. Either way X was superior and watching the speed they play at the last few years is just impressive and relentless keeping opponents on their heels at all times.

One thing that struck me with this moeller team at the few games we have been to this season was the organization on the sidelines at games. That discipline was lacking the past few years and it created chaos and missed opportunities. I think the multiple video screens on the sidelines and the players watching replays with the coaches instructing could be an asset, but also may be a bit distracting. Keeping the players engaged in the game on the field seems equally important.

High school programs that stay consistently strong seem to have long term coaches that have built solid programs. Moeller has seems to have struggled ever since the last couple years of Coach Klonne's tenure. Crable was a heck of a player and a good guy but he should have never been head coach. That in my mind started the tumble. Rodenberg is a good coach that rallied the program for a couple years but there always seem like something just wasn't right, since he brought in a lot of his LaSalle buddies. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

What a shame a deeper analysis wasn't done on what Rosfeld's long term goals really were. If it had been known he wasn't really into coaching high school for awhile then Pat Mc would have taken the reigns and I think we would have had another good long term coach rebuilding a solid program.

As they say, who knows what Elder's real long term goals are. He does seem to have things on the right track I just wish he would have reviewed policies and procedures more before getting the Big Moe in another recruiting fiasco that resembled what Crable botched with his Football Only Brochure.

Time will tell for sure but it does look like Big Moe is loaded offensively for awhile, let's hope they can make improvements to match on the Defensive side.

I truly believe Rosfeld had no intention of leaving Moeller until his buddy Zac Taylor wound up in the Bengals job, Had Rosfeld not had that exact opportunity I think he would have stayed for decades. Was fortunate to have a son play for him- he was an excellent choice for the program and would have found his footing as a HC in a very short time.

I truly believe Rosfeld had no intention of leaving Moeller until his buddy Zac Taylor wound up in the Bengals job, Had Rosfeld not had that exact opportunity I think he would have stayed for decades. Was fortunate to have a son play for him- he was an excellent choice for the program and would have found his footing as a HC in a very short time.
? agree. Great coach, and an even better person. Kids loved him as a teacher as well.