1. Covington Catholic lost 28-6 to Elder
  2. Pickerington Central defeated Massillon Washington 26-7
  3. St. Mary's - No game
  4. St. Edward defeated Toledo Central Catholic 33-10
  5. Louisville St. Xavier defeated Owensboro 51-38
  6. St. Xavier defeated Lakota West 31-14
  7. Moeller defeated Lakota East 42-27
  8. Roncalli defeated Southport 55-7
  9. Football North defeated Avalon 35-20 (This game is not listed on JoeEitel.com, so I'm not sure if it counts toward the Harbins or not.)
  10. La Salle defeated Colerain 20-14
Other scores of note:
Springfield defeated Cleveland St. Ignatius 24-20
Western Hills defeated CHCA 19-0
Oak Hills lost to Turpin 28-14

SWO looks to be loaded this year. Springfield Wayne Centerville X West Elder etc etc. It will be fun come playoff time.

To be fair the GMC got the same amount of wins last night as the GCL. Hamilton beat West Clermont, Mason beat Gahanna Lincoln, Sycamore beat Loveland, and Princeton beat Anderson Thursday.
Looks like those GMC Schools started season against ECC Schools besides Mason

Ok, that makes sense. I was thrown off bc they have no logo in the box score and all of their stats are in player initials

Any ideas on how their opponents outside Cincinnati did this week? It looks like Ed’s won big.

Week 2

1 CovCath beat Belfry 42-13
2 Pick Central beat Elder 28-10
3 St Mary's beat Luthern North 44-7
4 St Eds beat Rock Creek Christian (MD) 56-18
5 Louisville X beat Central 30-6
6 X beat Colerain 42-7
7 Moeller beat Chaminade Julienne 42-28 (Covid Cancel vs Louisville Trinity)
8 Roncalli beat Franklin Central 34-13
9 Football North lost to Life Christian Academy 20-26 (This game is not listed on Joeeitel.com, ironically this is the team Football North replaced on on our schedule. )
10 LaSalle beat Winton Woods 21-7

Week 3
1 CovCath lost to Lex Cath 27-34
2 Pick Central beat North Allegheny (PA) 35-0
3 Beacon Hill lost to Elder 47-0
4 Ed beat Mentor 47-7
5 Lou X lost to Male 21-28
6 X beat Olentagy Liberty 49-0
7 Moeller beat East Central 39-22
8 Roncalli beat Chatard 28-21
9 Football North didn't play
10 LaSalle lost to IMG 48-7

Last edited:
Eds up 27-7 at half. They don’t have the skill guys with blazing speed like in the past, but h their lines are big, D is physical, and QB is talented runner & thrower.

Scary that X and Ed’s might be significantly better than PC. Tough stretch coming up.

Ramsey usually game plans Ed’s well, especially at home. But this one may be even tougher than PC.

Ed’s - 31
E - 22

Hate to say I can't see how Elder can go better than 6-4 at this point. I didn't think Ed's was supposed to be THAT good this year. Unless Mentor is way down but that's highly doubtful.

Watched the game online myself. The score looks bad, but if there is some insight it’s this, said best by the Cleveland paper:

The Cardinals played without three starting offensive linemen and lost junior quarterback Jacob Snow in the second quarter to a thumb injury. Mentor coach Matt Gray said he believed Snow got hurt before throwing a 3-yard TD pass to Jordan Stapleton.

Mentor played a frosh QB after their starter was hurt. And I’ll have to say Omar was correct in his assessment of Ed’s skill guys not being as good as in the past. Still good though, don’t get me wrong. I’ve ALWAYS told my son (Moe guy), don’t ever count out Elder of any game, and I mean it. Especially at home.

Last edited:
Hate to say I can't see how Elder can go better than 6-4 at this point. I didn't think Ed's was supposed to be THAT good this year. Unless Mentor is way down but that's highly doubtful.
Mentor lost their starting QB early 2nd qtr when it was 14-7. They replaced him with a Freshman, who (apologize for the cliche) looked like a deer in headlights.

Ed's had 4 touchdowns on 4 drives in the first half against Mentor. They weren't stopping the eagles even without the injury to Snow.

Pick Central loses in OT to Pick North. Not sure how I feel about that.

Posted by Tiger A. Absolutely flabbergasted by this result. North did literally NOTHING on offense the whole game, then get 1 big pass w/under 3 minutes left, kick a FG to pull it to 10-3, then a strip when Central trying to run out the clock and scoop and score from about 50 yards to tie game w/just over a minute left. Central drives right down the field to Panther 11 and attempt a 28 yd FG w/9 seconds left and misses. Tigers throw INT in the endzone on 4th and long in OT and Panthers get one 1st down and then kick game winner. I don't know that North had more than 100 yds total offense for the game.

On the main board, a PC fan said that PC has average guys at the skill positions on offense and another one said that PC has a youth league offensive scheme. They have a stout defense but I don't think they are the 2nd best team in D1 just as one of their fans mentioned.

On the main board, a PC fan said that PC has average guys at the skill positions on offense and another one said that PC has a youth league offensive scheme. They have a stout defense but I don't think they are the 2nd best team in D1 just as one of their fans mentioned.
That’s an extremely accurate observation.

1 CovCath beat Dixie Heights 24-8
2 Pick Central lost to Pick North 10-13 in OT
3 Beacon Hill lost to Oakland I don't have a clue the score, but that game doesn't count in Harbins.
4 Eds beat Elder 48-14
5 Lou X had a bye
6 X beat Penn 41-10
7 Moeller beat Ironton 25-7
8 Roncalli beat Columbus North 45-12
9 Football North didn't have a game listed on Joe Eitel
10 LaSalle beat Louisville Trinity 48-27