2021 Elder Volleyball

Will they be clearing out the stands between matches ? Will we have to buy a ticket for each match ?

Just bought mine

1622808832513.png

Last edited:
State Champs: '99, '00, '08, '10, '14 and '16

Runner-Up: '07, 09 and '13

Regional Champs: '99, '00, '07, '08, '09, '10, '13, '14, '16, and '17

There may be a few Regional Titles I'm missing, but from the list above when the Panthers make it out of the Region, nearly every time they've brought home some hardware.

State Champs: '99, '00, '08, '10, '14 and '16

Runner-Up: '07, 09 and '13

Regional Champs: '99, '00, '07, '08, '09, '10, '13, '14, '16, and '17

There may be a few Regional Titles I'm missing, but from the list above when the Panthers make it out of the Region, nearly every time they've brought home some hardware.
In ‘17 did they lose in the quarters or semis? And to who?

Beavercreek jumps on Elder early, 5-0. Elder takes 14-13 lead, Beavers storm back for 19-14 lead and hang on to win the set 25-23 after Elder had tied it at 23.

Panthers close it out in 4 - 25-21. They advance to tomorrow's 2nd Semifinal Match at 12:00pm against the winner of St Ignatius and Olentangy Liberty.

St Ignatius defeats Olentangy Liberty 25-22, 19-25, 27-29, 25-18, 15-13 in the 4th Division 1 Quarterfinal. Moeller defeated Centerville 3-0 and Hilliard Bradley defeated Jackson 3-1.

So tomorrow's Semifinals are set:
Moeller vs. Hilliard Bradley at 10am
Elder vs. St Ignatius at 12pm

Very possible. Common sense says either Coaches decision or injury. This isn’t rocket science it’s HS Sports!
I hear you, I was just replying to the other poster that just because he wasn’t playing in the second didn’t mean he wasn’t able to play at all today. I’m not there or listening to the game, so I have no inside info. Just hoping for the best

E lost in 4. Tough Match after winning the 1st set. Some injuries and cramping really killed their momentum. But in all honesty, Moe was just better. E couldn’t stop the 6-9 Soph in the middle

Elder was beat up, more than a few guys dealing with some nagging injuries and it finally caught up with them against a really good Moeller team. Not to make any excuses though, Moeller outplayed them in every facet of the game. Too many unforced errors from Elder and Moeller seemed to be able to keep the Elder attacks alive in the back row. Tough way to go for the seniors but they had a hell of a run. Elder brings back a lot of pieces next year including guys who saw a lot of time this year: Bianco, Maune, Samuels, Schwallie and Zimmer.

Congrats Elder. Keep your heads held high. As others have said, Moe was the better team

Side note: I'll never understand missing your serve nearly 50% of the time. Makes no sense to be so aggressive that you can't get it in consistently. Can't just give away points in close games.

Last edited:
Elder was beat up, more than a few guys dealing with some nagging injuries and it finally caught up with them against a really good Moeller team. Not to make any excuses though, Moeller outplayed them in every facet of the game. Too many unforced errors from Elder and Moeller seemed to be able to keep the Elder attacks alive in the back row. Tough way to go for the seniors but they had a hell of a run. Elder brings back a lot of pieces next year including guys who saw a lot of time this year: Bianco, Maune, Samuels, Schwallie and Zimmer.
Maurer saw a lot of time too. Not a big difference maker, but now more experienced and hope to see continued improvement, especially in consistency. Busken, the other middle, didn't see a lot of time this year, but he should be pretty solid as well with continued development during the club season. Have to think we see Bianco, Maune and Schwallie all as 6 rotation guys. Most likely a 5-1, too. It'll be interesting to see who becomes their niche, situation players and role players behind all of these guys though. Elder definitely seems to return way more than the rest of the GCL.