OH2 - Maune
MH1 - Meyer
MH2 - Busken/Zimmer (each played some)
OPP/S - Bianco
S - Wiesman
OPP - Maurer
L - Samuels
DS - Jackson

Not a lot of surprises really other than the sophomore Samuels at libero, but he's an excellent backrow player. Good luck to the Panthers this season, let's get back to State!

Scores from last nights matches
JV-B defeats Fenwick - 25-9, 25-11
JV-A defeats Fenwick - 25-14, 25-13
Varsity defeats Fenwick - 25-20, 25-21, 23-25, 25-21

OH - Albers
OH2 - Maune
MH1 - Meyer
MH2 - Busken/Zimmer (each played some)
OPP/S - Bianco
S - Wiesman
OPP - Maurer
L - Samuels
DS - Jackson
A little surprised to see that Schwallie isn't a part of the rotation in some capacity and that Mauer and Kehling are, but it's a talented roster and I'm not at practices to see what's going on lol

A little surprised to see that Schwallie isn't a part of the rotation in some capacity and that Mauer and Kehling are, but it's a talented roster and I'm not at practices to see what's going on lol
Coach T always tends to give the seniors first shot. Rotation will have it's ebbs and flows especially early on, but sounds like the team is pretty deep which bodes well. Some of their best teams have seen 10-12 guys see the floor in a give match.

Does anyone know if Elder is allowing fans (non-parent etc.) to go to the matches this season ?

Week 2

Fri. 4/9
JV-B (4-1) vs St X
JV-A (2-0) vs St X
Varsity (2-0) vs St X

Sat. 4/10
JV-B (4-1) at Beavercreek
JV-A (2-0) at Beavercreek
Varsity (2-0) at Beavercreek

Elder got thumped last night.

F - lost in 2
JV - lost in 2
V - lost in 3 23-25 16-25 16-25

Was anyone there that can let us know what happened ?

Elder got thumped last night.

F - lost in 2
JV - lost in 2
V - lost in 3 23-25 16-25 16-25

Was anyone there that can let us know what happened ?
I’m no expert on Volleyball, The Dude or ADS can speak more intelligently than me, but from what I saw, X just looked more talented. Elder had some unforced errors but even if Elder played totally clean, I don’t think they do any better than taking X to 4 sets.

Elder is ranked highly, as normal, because it's an awesome program and will still be able to beat 98% of teams in the state. However, they're a little down this year and X is not. How are Moe and the Hilliards supposed to be this year?

Due to last volleyball season being completely cancelled many teams will struggle for consistency. Not a single Elder player had seen the court in a Varsity match prior to this year. The Elder volleyball junior class is LOADED and next year will be the clear favorite to win state. I'd expect them to perform much better against X later in the season once they have more big match experience under their belts

They are still rightfully the 2nd ranked team in the state in Division 1. State rankings can be found here https://ohioboysvolleyball.com/index.php/team-ranking

Still very early in the season and this is a very young team. Elder tends to have more up and down performances early in the season as they're figure out the rotation and where to go when they need to get a kill to stop the bleeding.

I watched most of the match online, Elder led almost the entire first set. They lost 4-5 points in a row that took them from up 19-17 to down 21-19. They seemed like they didn't know where to go to get the point they needed to stop the X run. Several miscues on free balls didn't help. And as BB said, first Varsity action for ANY of these guys.

After blowing the lead late in set 1, it seemed like Elder didn't know how to react and never really regrouped. They were flat to open set 2, which found them in a 3-4 point hole early. X also had the best player on the court in Carmosino. That always helps.

Wouldn't shock me to see Elder bounce back and beat them later in the season, either at a tournament or out at X. Also, that state poll you provided BB, that's last week's poll. I'm sure Elder will drop a couple spots.

I’m no expert on Volleyball, The Dude or ADS can speak more intelligently than me, but from what I saw, X just looked more talented. Elder had some unforced errors but even if Elder played totally clean, I don’t think they do any better than taking X to 4 sets.

At this point in the season, you are correct, X is the more talented team. As a few have mentioned already, it will be different later in the year. To put my perspective into it, Elder gave away a TON of points from their hitting/serving errors and inconsistent blocking. Credit to X is deserved though, as they rarely put the ball out of play. Very consistent, aggressive serving on X's side led to an inconsistent serve receive from Elder and a very predictable offense where X was getting 2 blocks up on almost every play.

Errors happen in every match, but Elder gave away too many for a team that is as talented as X is.

Even with the losses to X on Friday night, the volleyball squads put up a sweep of Beavercreek on Saturday morning. Beavercreek being the #5 ranked team in the state in D1

JVB - 25-11, 25-12
JVA - 25-21, 25-14
V - 25-21, 20-25, 25-18, 25-15

Think PP24 is right on allowing fans. Tickets maybe only Available Online?
Nope, can walk right in, pay and find a seat. Didn't seem to be any sort of limits. Very solid crowd on Friday. Only wish more students were there.

As for the performance, X seemed to be more disciplined at the net. Elder's middles were doing a pretty poor job closing their blocks and Carmosino does a pretty good job in not selling who he's setting the ball to, so they got caught guessing sometimes, leaving X's very talented outsides with one-on-one blocks, and those guys are gonna slam that door shut when given the opportunities. Although, majority of the sets should be going to the outsides, as their middles and right side aren't as strong on offense. Elder's gotta figure out how to make sure their middles aren't getting stuck or confused and are getting a block up every time because their back court defense was getting left out to dry quite a bit.

Overall, like TheDude said, X made a very limited amount of mistakes in all facets of the game, whereas Elder had a number of hitting and serving errors. At the talent levels both of these teams play at, it's often going to come down to who makes less mistakes and who's more consistent. X dominated in both of those aspects. And, as everyone as said, no one on the floor for Elder has any prior varsity experience. Essentially, they're all juniors. They'll work out the kinks.

Elder is ranked highly, as normal, because it's an awesome program and will still be able to beat 98% of teams in the state. However, they're a little down this year and X is not. How are Moe and the Hilliards supposed to be this year?
I've heard Darby might be a bit down, but don't know why or how so I really don't know much on that front. I'd expect Moe to be the same old Moe. They've taken care of teams they should take care of so far, so it'll be fun to see how they do against the X's and Elder's of the state.

Nope, can walk right in, pay and find a seat. Didn't seem to be any sort of limits. Very solid crowd on Friday. Only wish more students were there.

As for the performance, X seemed to be more disciplined at the net. Elder's middles were doing a pretty poor job closing their blocks and Carmosino does a pretty good job in not selling who he's setting the ball to, so they got caught guessing sometimes, leaving X's very talented outsides with one-on-one blocks, and those guys are gonna slam that door shut when given the opportunities. Although, majority of the sets should be going to the outsides, as their middles and right side aren't as strong on offense. Elder's gotta figure out how to make sure their middles aren't getting stuck or confused and are getting a block up every time because their back court defense was getting left out to dry quite a bit.

Overall, like TheDude said, X made a very limited amount of mistakes in all facets of the game, whereas Elder had a number of hitting and serving errors. At the talent levels both of these teams play at, it's often going to come down to who makes less mistakes and who's more consistent. X dominated in both of those aspects. And, as everyone as said, no one on the floor for Elder has any prior varsity experience. Essentially, they're all juniors. They'll work out the kinks.

Awesome that they are allowing Fans and the ability to pay at the Gate. That’s the way it should be!

Due to last volleyball season being completely cancelled many teams will struggle for consistency. Not a single Elder player had seen the court in a Varsity match prior to this year. ......

This is true for almost all of the teams, unless they had some of this year's seniors playing as sophomores 2 years ago.

This is true for almost all of the teams, unless they had some of this year's seniors playing as sophomores 2 years ago.
St. X had a couple guys who were getting significant playing time on varsity two years ago as sophomores. Moeller also had at least one.

This is absolutely true. But at Elder, where they're usually pretty deep, you won't see many sophomores getting court time for Varsity. Their Libero this year Samuels is an exception to the rule.

X and Moeller have both regularly played sophomores, including X on Friday night against Elder. Other teams around the state that don't have the depth of the GCLS teams will regularly play sophomores and sometimes freshmen at the Varsity level.