2021 Division V Outlook

they were 5-3 in 2020. they played Roger Bacon CLOSE and it wasn’t a fluke. that’s a good team. they were coached well and had some talent at Versailles that hadn’t been seen in awhile. Region 20 looks week next year, therefore a very solid MAC team seems to be the best bet
Versailles should be in region 18 next year.

Why not? Ottawa Glandorf is annually a very good program. I'm very impressed with their athletes and the culture they have.
And are we talking the same Versailles that finished 3-7 last year? I realize it was in the MAC but 3-7 to Regional Champs? Did Big V get some move in that is a ringer?

Versailles was 5-3. Lost to Marion Local in OT, Roger Bacon by 3, and then D7 champ New Bremen.

Young team, and the schedule is favorable with no Coldwater.

Many feel Wynford is poised to make a run in 21 as they did in early 2000’s under Wapak coach Travis Moyer ! Any thoughts
There he is! Found FootballFan20's new account. Only took one post to show his hand.

Anywho, as for Wynford, I'm sure they'll do fine. They're consistently either conference champs or top tier. With expanded playoffs they'll make it in easy, but will falter to a Liberty Benton or whatever.

My guess as a MAC-homer, Versailles will go far.
My other guess as a MAC-homer, Kirtland will win it all.

Any thoughts on Liberty Benton?

It'll be tough sledding if they are in there with Otsego, Ottawa Glandorf, Eastwood, Elyria Catholic, Oak Harbor and potentially Versailles.

Plus there is Marion Pleasant who had a bit of a down year but has been historically very good over the last 10-15 years.

No offense to the BVC, but it doesn't prepare L-B that well for playoffs. Archbold in week 2 will be a good measurement of where L-B is.

Many feel Wynford is poised to make a run in 21 as they did in early 2000’s under Wapak coach Travis Moyer ! Any thoughts
Poised: having a composed and self-assured manner.

Please advise why Wynford is "poised" to make a run in 21? Sounds like a political quote.

Did Wynford get some new recruits in which they have historically done so in the past?

What do they have coming back next year? Weren't they a quick exit in the "playoffs" last year?

It'll be tough sledding if they are in there with Otsego, Ottawa Glandorf, Eastwood, Elyria Catholic, Oak Harbor and potentially Versailles.

Plus there is Marion Pleasant who had a bit of a down year but has been historically very good over the last 10-15 years.

No offense to the BVC, but it doesn't prepare L-B that well for playoffs. Archbold in week 2 will be a good measurement of where L-B is.
Archbold will not lose to L-B. A very good QB returns along with speed and skill.

they were 5-3 in 2020. they played Roger Bacon CLOSE and it wasn’t a fluke. that’s a good team. they were coached well and had some talent at Versailles that hadn’t been seen in awhile. Region 20 looks week next year, therefore a very solid MAC team seems to be the best bet

So, same question ghs, that I asked before it spun off into a Versailles love fest.

And if OG is better than they were last year, I don't think its unreasonable to assume they can "hang with Versailles"

They were the only team to beat D4 state champ Van Wert last year, and gave last year's D4 state champ Clyde their only close game in the playoffs.

Last edited:
So, same question ghs, that I asked before it spun off into a Versailles love fest.

And if OG is better than they were last year, I don't think its unreasonable to assume they can "hang with Versailles"

They were the only team to beat D4 state champ Van Wert last year, and gave last year's D4 state champ Clyde their only close game in the playoffs.
i never said they couldn't. OG has a very nice program. i had assumed Versailles was in Region 20

Archbold will not lose to L-B. A very good QB returns along with speed and skill.
A very good QB returns...and they will have some new speed and skill to plug in this year. But their is very little speed and skill returning with experience. I still think they will have a fine season and will go as far as #10 carries them but they lost key lineman and 90% of their skill players.