2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

Groundhogs day again … of all the stupid things you have said over the years … this probably takes the cake … the last thing the Browns need is more chaos … for once the Browns need to fly under the radar this off-season … work on improving internally … scout themself looking for what worked and identifying what didn’t … shore up a couple roster short comings with the draft and minor free agents ... this team is not far off from being a top team in the NFL … they lost 6 one score games (most in the NFL, I believe) … they just played the top team in the league nearly even … chaos and turnover is the last thing they need … just look at all the really good franchises in this league when they have a down year … rarely do they blow up everything … just make some minor tweaks!!!!
Playing Baker cost the playoffs. OK I give stefanski 1 more year.need to fire some coaches.

Listening to Grossi this morning. He was asked why Stefanski has stopped saying he had to coach better the last few weeks. His response was that Stefanski probably looked at the film and discovered that the play was fine, but the execution was bad, especially from his qb, who was constantly missing open receivers. He said that the big problem is that the Browns will have to decide if Baker is the man very soon, as he can't go into the year without a contract extension or no extension. The panel agreed that the Browns are going to " kick the tires" to see what vets are available, since Mayfield was unable to either maintain a lead or lead a winning drive. Stefanski didn't escape unscathed, as he was accused of not adjusting his thoughts. If the qb has been unable to connect all game, what makes one believe that he can do it at important times? That's the gist of the conversation.

Listening to Grossi this morning. He was asked why Stefanski has stopped saying he had to coach better the last few weeks. His response was that Stefanski probably looked at the film and discovered that the play was fine, but the execution was bad, especially from his qb, who was constantly missing open receivers. He said that the big problem is that the Browns will have to decide if Baker is the man very soon, as he can't go into the year without a contract extension or no extension. The panel agreed that the Browns are going to " kick the tires" to see what vets are available, since Mayfield was unable to either maintain a lead or lead a winning drive. Stefanski didn't escape unscathed, as he was accused of not adjusting his thoughts. If the qb has been unable to connect all game, what makes one believe that he can do it at important times? That's the gist of the conversation.
Stefanski gets out coached most games in the second half, even some that they win. He needs to change that.

Also, I doubt Mayfield was ever more than at about 80% all season long after the week 2 injury.

He was a hero last year, and a goat this year, what was the difference? Injuries.

Reactions: y2h
Grossi is a tool. His opinion is exactly that - and it carries zero weight with me - he will say anything for attention. Not sure why people think he is football smart.

Baker gets $18M next year, and is a UFA in 2023, right? I understand that normally you want to make the extend / don't extend decision soon so that you do not have a lame duck QB next year on his last year. But they don't have to extend him now. He has one more year on that contract.

Frankly, if I'm Baker, I'm also saying "let's wait until after next season", because I'm sure he is confident that if he gets healthy, he will return to his 2020 levels, which was a top 10 or 12 QB. He would want to bet on himself; then he could get a much better deal. So IMO it is best for both him and the Browns to wait on the decision to extend him, as long as the Browns communicate well to everyone, and don;t leave him hanging.

Grossi is a tool. His opinion is exactly that - and it carries zero weight with me - he will say anything for attention. Not sure why people think he is football smart.

Baker gets $18M next year, and is a UFA in 2023, right? I understand that normally you want to make the extend / don't extend decision soon so that you do not have a lame duck QB next year on his last year. But they don't have to extend him now. He has one more year on that contract.

Frankly, if I'm Baker, I'm also saying "let's wait until after next season", because I'm sure he is confident that if he gets healthy, he will return to his 2020 levels, which was a top 10 or 12 QB. He would want to bet on himself; then he could get a much better deal. So IMO it is best for both him and the Browns to wait on the decision to extend him, as long as the Browns communicate well to everyone, and don;t leave him hanging.
Actually, they could play him next year under the current deal, and if he has a good year, franchise him for 2023, if necessary.

Man, I was PUMPED UP for tonight's game, Browns-Steelers, playoffs on the line, then, pfffft....and I'm crying in my Sapporo.

F#^%&in Chiefs.

The only person for whom these last two games have meaning is Baker Mayfield. Don't blame the Chiefs. The Browns' inability to get one first down when needed lost at least two games this year.

The Browns are in between a rock and hard place w/ regard to QB. This year's draft crop basically stinks and while there are a couple good names that want out of their current situations, Rodgers & Wilson, both have said they do not want to got to CLE for financial and life style reasons. My guess is they play out the Mayfield string and get him some weapons on the outside that work well in the current offensive package Stefanski uses. If next year doesn't work out they blow things up and start over, if it does work out you play the Dak Prescott game and hope for the best.

The Browns are in between a rock and hard place w/ regard to QB. This year's draft crop basically stinks and while there are a couple good names that want out of their current situations, Rodgers & Wilson, both have said they do not want to got to CLE for financial and life style reasons. My guess is they play out the Mayfield string and get him some weapons on the outside that work well in the current offensive package Stefanski uses. If next year doesn't work out they blow things up and start over, if it does work out you play the Dak Prescott game and hope for the best.
Have you ever been to Green Bay?

Lifestyle reasons?

Groundhogs day again … of all the stupid things you have said over the years … this probably takes the cake … the last thing the Browns need is more chaos … for once the Browns need to fly under the radar this off-season … work on improving internally … scout themself looking for what worked and identifying what didn’t … shore up a couple roster short comings with the draft and minor free agents ... this team is not far off from being a top team in the NFL … they lost 6 one score games (most in the NFL, I believe) … they just played the top team in the league nearly even … chaos and turnover is the last thing they need … just look at all the really good franchises in this league when they have a down year … rarely do they blow up everything … just make some minor tweaks!!!!
I hope the minor tweaks include a new play caller. Run Chubb once on the first drive and get pass happy, dear God.

I hope the minor tweaks include a new play caller. Run Chubb once on the first drive and get pass happy, dear God.
Same thing second drive. People on here defending Stefanski and Mayfield are delusional. Funny a month ago OBJ was the scapegoat and now all he’s doing is hitting paydirt on a weekly basis in L.A. ?

Pathetic show. Pathetic, as it has been most of the year. Run for good yardage, pass,pass, punt. What makes anyone think that the passes will be complete when they haven't been all season?

This may sound dumb...but does it look like Mayfield winds up to throw and it takes forever? Not sure if its the injury or what

I get the letdown from being eliminated but it would be nice to see them play for pride. This looks like a game that could end 35-0.

The Browns are doing everything they can to help celebrate Ben's last home game. Watt is terrorizing Hudson. How about putting a tight end on him or chipping him, like everybody does to Garrett?

Reactions: y2h
Glad the commentators are destroying the Stefanski play calling. The Zimmern List about Cleveland food is on the Cooking Channel. I'm going to watch. At least it will be enjoyable.
Thanks, I’m going to DVR the later showing.