2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

The Browns are a 2.5 pt favorite at home over the Ravens this week. The Ravens are really hurting at the cb position with Humphries now out for the year and they didn’t think they could stop a 39 year old, washed up qb last week. The Browns have to like their chances this week.

Will the Browns put the ball in The Bakers hands and let him sling it 25+ times or do you run the ball with your two best players in Chubb & Hunt?

I think the Browns are capable of winning 4 of the 5 remaining games but probably going 3-2 or 2-3. Just don’t see a w at Green Bay w/ Aaron Rodgers on Xmas. Beating Joe Burrow in wk 18 will be no easy task, the AFC North will run thru Burrow over the next 5 to 7 years. Week 17 going to Pittsburgh on a Monday night and beating the Steelers in Big Ben’s last home game & last Steeler-Browns game……..

Win out, they are in the playoffs.

4-1, 50/50 shot at the playoffs.

Most likely neither will happen.
I think 4-1 (10-7) is a borderline guaranteed AFC playoff spot, assuming the loss is Green Bay. The only teams that will surely be 11-6 or better are KC and Patriots.

Winning the 4 remaining AFC games might give the Browns the North, or at least a lot of edge in tie-breakers. Ravens play Cle, Cin, Pitt, GB and the Rams. Based on their recent play they won't do better than 10-7.

I think 4-1 (10-7) is a borderline guaranteed AFC playoff spot, assuming the loss is Green Bay. The only teams that will surely be 11-6 or better are KC and Patriots.

Winning the 4 remaining AFC games might give the Browns the North, or at least a lot of edge in tie-breakers. Ravens play Cle, Cin, Pitt, GB and the Rams. Based on their recent play they won't do better than 10-7.
The GB game might be interesting in that it could be a meaningless game for the Packers.

Win out, they are in the playoffs.

4-1, 50/50 shot at the playoffs.

Most likely neither will happen.
If 3 of those 4 wins are the divisional games, they can win the division at 10-7. If the one loss is against GB, it would help, since conference record is the tiebreaker and their record right now in conference is not good.

I'm not convinced that they can go 4-1, but all the teams they play have looked either like world beaters or dogsh.t at various times, so who knows what team they face each week?

The Cleveland @ Green Bay game is week 16 with two games left for each team after this one. GB (9-3) is in a fight with Arizona (10-2) and Tampa Bay for the #1 seed and first round bye. GB also has the tie breaker over Arizona whom they beat in wk 8 24-21. Yes, GB will have clinched the NFC North Division but they will definitely have something to play for. Sorry, no 'Love' as in Jordan Love for the Browns on Christmas from the Packers.

One week at a time … just beat the Ravens this week … if they do that … I like their chances.

Would love to see a balanced offense this week … start off by throwing then finish by running.

Since the team played so well last year, maybe the Browns should consider limiting the attendance to 12,000. Anything over that, they regress to the year before last.

Unbelievable, in the press conference the coach said a player on the front line (in an onside kick situation) wasn't looking for the ball, he was looking to block!

'No offensive adjustments
No they made adjustments … bad ones … in the first half on first down they were throwing quick 5-6 yard passes … they stopped doing that in the second half … they played not to lose … instead of continuing to trying to win … this team makes you feel bad even when they win … unbelievable!!!

Unbelievable, in the press conference the coach said a player on the front line (in an onside kick situation) wasn't looking for the ball, he was looking to block!
That is what NFL teams do … the front wall blocks and the guy in the second row fields the ball … but the blockers have to have enough awareness to let the ball go by first.

That is what NFL teams do … the front wall blocks and the guy in the second row fields the ball … but the blockers have to have enough awareness to let the ball go by first.
Seriously, so I guess that means he did what he was coached to do? Let the ball bounce off of him, so the other team could recover it?!

That actually makes NO SENSE. If the first players that could come into contact with the ball let it go, the kicking team will be able to execute the play easier, with a superior number of players arriving, and blocking off the receiving team, while those left go after the loose ball!

If you taped the game, replay it and see if that isn't what they did.

Seriously, so I guess that means he did what he was coached to do? Let the ball bounce off of him, so the other team could recover it?!

That actually makes NO SENSE. If the first players that could come into contact with the ball let it go, the kicking team will be able to execute the play easier, with a superior number of players arriving, and blocking off the receiving team, while those left go after the loose ball!

If you taped the game, replay it and see if that isn't what they did.
I watched the game and I know how they try to do onside kicks … no he not suppose to let it hit him … but NFL teams have the first row block (if the ball is kicked hard) and then let the designated player in the second row recover it … all NFL and most college teams do this … not really new technique.

watch around the 6 minute mark

Last edited:
Just watched the Bengals blow it in OT, as well as the Bills lose. I believe that the Browns are definitely in the playoff hunt with a 7-6 record.
Absolutely alive, every game fell their way today. They beat the Raiders next week and the Ravens lose to the Packers? First place in the AFC North.

I watched the game and I know how they try to do onside kicks … no he not suppose to let it hit him … but NFL teams have the first row block (if the ball is kicked hard) and then let the designated player in the second row recover it … all NFL and most college teams do this … not really new technique.

watch around the 6 minute mark
I think that play will be made fun of Thursday night, rightfully so.
One of the biggest bonehead mistakes ever.