2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

Baltimore had a game plan to play as physical as the refs would allow and intimidate the Browns. Their pass interference defense has been all over the receivers right off the line of scrimmage while the Browns allow them a cushion.

How do you play zone in the end zone and allow a TD?!

Then the DC can't get the right players on the field, to avoid wasting a TO!

Total Yards
CLE
BAL

Passing CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Jackson 18/28 152 1 4

Last edited:
Another record for the Browns.. Teams that threw 4 picks were at one time 0-52.. except tonight.. Congrats to Cleveland!

It what it is for Stefanski.. Baker is not good enough.. he would make a good backup that is all
Stefanski would be a good back up play caller. Oh well. We know Lincoln Riley will be out as the new potential coach so who will be a available to coach the Browns next year?

They were coming after Mayfield all game, was the play calling taking advantage of that? How many targets did Hunt have?!

Four interceptions with nothing to show for it. Then they interview Jackson as player of the game.

After the bye week, let's see if the adjustments needed are made, it's definitely Stefanski's last chance.

"IF" he says he got outcoached, AGAIN in the post game press conference, he should be fired on the spot!!!

Stupid penalties, poor play calling, poor game management (TOs) and didn't we draft someone to shadow QB's like Jackson?!

Last edited:
They got out coached against KC, SD, and the Stillers. If you win two out of those three, you’re right where you need to be.

12 men on the field...after a timeout because there were 12 men on the field ?
The defense and special teams are the most undisciplined units I've ever seen. No one be fooled by the picks against a reeling Ravens team, this was just statistical noise. Priefer and Woods have got to go because they refuse to control their men/are incompetent and Stefanski himself needs to be on the hot seat. Not to be fired but to understand that this isn't a 5 year commitment just because of a weird 2020, a coach of the year award, and a playoff win. The Browns could have taken control of the AFC North tonight and that was hugely embarassing, to lose when a QB throws four picks.

Baker should have been inactivated two weeks ago. He would've had nearly a month of rest to face Baltimore at home and Keenum is better at this point, so, would've beaten Detroit and at least had a chance at New England. This season is going nowhere with him as beat up as he is and the Bye isn't gonna help anymore.

One last try I guess. Get Baker as healthy as you can for what I hope is not the swan song. Go Browns?

Last edited:
Oh and also when you run an offense that you know is protect the hell outta the QB and play action dependent you didn't call up a TE or FB with Janovich inactive? They ended up sticking Dunn in there because they were too shorthanded and couldn't get anything going.

Oh and also when you run an offense that you know is protect the hell outta the QB and play action dependent you didn't call up a TE or FB with Janovich inactive? They ended up sticking Dunn in there because they were too shorthanded and couldn't get anything going.
I especially loved the empty sets with a banged up QB and an aggressive defense...next level game planning.

Was Baker great? no. But if you don't acknowledge that he is at probably no better than 60%, you are just not being realistic. If you cannot run the ball, and have no receivers able to separate from DB's, what chance does a hurt QB have?

It was the typical litany of mistakes that cost the Browns this game:
- 12 men on field after a Timeout??? cost 3 points
- missed FG
- too many dumb penalties as usual
- Jarvis fumble, Baker fumble
- inexplicable play calling

Drafting WR is the priority next spring. DPJ and Schwartz seem to be useless. Get Wilson or Olave in round 1.

I was a big fan of the Stefanski hire and still am, but right now he's trash. This refusal to pull Baker is insane. Shut the poor kid down before his shoulder is permanently ruined and he ends up a clipboard holder for the Jets in 2023.

He's too deferential to his buddies. Priefer wants to run league-worst special teams, ok man cool go for it. Need a few cool million Case? Here ya go. Baker wants to stay in? Sure go ahead Bake. Team losing the most expected points in the league to penalties? Ahh, no problem. Remember Stefanski is barely older than most of the guys in the locker room and what I see is a total slipshod unit. Did not expect that out of him at all.

There isnt a more overrated player in the NFL than Lamar Jackson
The funny thing was listening to Collinsworth's praise of Jackson even as he threw FOUR freaking INT's. He kept acting like Cleveland's D was in disarray because Jackson is an impossible to solve Rubiks Cube (his words not mine). What the hell Chris, all Cleveland's D did was hold the Ravens to 16 points in their building, intercept Jackson 4 times and hold him to well under 100 yards rushing. It was a masterful performance by the Brown's D. And that is what Collinsworth should have been praising.