2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

Unfortunately, it looks pretty evident that the Browns will finish last in the division. Right now, they are unwatchable.

Shows you how highly they must think of Keenum.
Paying Case $7M, time to let him earn it. I am a Baker fan, and admire his guts, but clearly his injuries are hurting his performance.

Sit him against the Ravens this week, but keep him active and don't publicize it. Let the Ravens be surprised when Keenum runs out there. Then he gets the bye, so a 3-week opportunity to heal a little.

do you think that Baker is right for this style of offense? not sure he is a under the center type of QB, more of a shotgun style of QB, but if you do that , i think you take away our running game......and I really like Baker, big fan of his grit....

Paying Case $7M, time to let him earn it. I am a Baker fan, and admire his guts, but clearly his injuries are hurting his performance.

Sit him against the Ravens this week, but keep him active and don't publicize it. Let the Ravens be surprised when Keenum runs out there. Then he gets the bye, so a 3-week opportunity to heal a little.
See, this is what smart teams would do. But the Browns seem to rarely do what is smart in the circumstances, and that's why this team and this organization is so frustrating and hard to understand. I stop short of calling it a jinx, but even with the current regime some of the moves just make me scratch my head.

As far as Baker, I think the talking heads on TV said it best, you don't get rid of him until you have something better. He's what we have for now, and FWIW I think you can win with him in the right situation. But he is injured and needs to sit for a couple weeks.

Last edited:
See, this is what smart teams would do. But the Browns seem to rarely do what is smart in the circumstances, and that's why this team and this organization is so frustrating and hard to understand. I stop short of calling it a jinx, but even with the current regime some of the moves just make me scratch my head.

As far as Baker, I think the talking heads on TV said it best, you don't get rid of him until you have something better. He's what we have for now, and FWIW I think you can win with him in the right situation. But he is injured and needs to sit for a couple weeks.
Reminds me of Farve. He's going to play if he can stand.

anybody have his stats from last year when he was healthy?

anybody have his stats from last year when he was healthy?
Yes - you have about 200 websites to choose from.

From week 7-17 in 2020 he had 64.5% completion, 16TDs and 2 picks. That stretch includes the 2 really windy days against Raiders and Texans when the Browns stuck to the ground and scored 16 points total. He was 8th in the entire NFL in QBR during that stretch.

First 5 weeks of 2021, 66.8% completions, 5 TDs and 2 picks.

He is a good (not elite) QB when healthy, and he stays within the offense, which he has learned to do. his intangibles are off the charts. Haters are gonna hate, but these are the facts. I'd be happy if the Browns keep him at a reasonable (not elite) QB price.

Now he needs to sit out this game, rest for 3 weeks, and get healthier.

I don't think Baker realizes that his stubbornness (coupled with Stefanski's) is costing him money. The team can give lip service to his toughness but when it comes time to negotiate they're going to pound the stats down his throat.

I don't think Baker realizes that his stubbornness (coupled with Stefanski's) is costing him money. The team can give lip service to his toughness but when it comes time to negotiate they're going to pound the stats down his throat.
You are right, and I agree with you - better for the team and Baker if he sits a bit to get healthy. But I truly think money is well down Baker's priority list, behind winning, competing, and proving his doubters wrong. He has had a major chip on his shoulder since his walk on days, and it isn't going away. He uses hate and negativity as fuel.

You are right, and I agree with you - better for the team and Baker if he sits a bit to get healthy. But I truly think money is well down Baker's priority list, behind winning, competing, and proving his doubters wrong. He has had a major chip on his shoulder since his walk on days, and it isn't going away. He uses hate and negativity as fuel.
I really like the competitive attitude of Baker. But he really needs some emotional stability. Not to high not to low. Needs to get some 2 minute winning drives.

A qb who needs hate and negativity to fuel himself up to play will not be successful in the long run. He needs to grow up and realize the Oklahoma days are behind him. Sometimes his ego is a real detriment to his maturing.

A qb who needs hate and negativity to fuel himself up to play will not be successful in the long run. He needs to grow up and realize the Oklahoma days are behind him. Sometimes his ego is a real detriment to his maturing.
Yea that chip on Tom Brady’s shoulder has really hurt his success.

I hope you can see the difference between the two.
Never said he was the same … just point out how silly your notion that a chip(hate and negatively) on the shoulder will not be successful in the long run … there are many reason why Baker might not be successful … but that ain’t one of them.

Never said he was the same … just point out how silly your notion that a chip(hate and negatively) on the shoulder will not be successful in the long run … there are many reason why Baker might not be successful … but that ain’t one of them.

I firmly believe that needing hate and negativity to make someone play his best is not the sign of a mature person. It is the sign of an over-emotional person who, in the long run, cannot sustain the fake motivation every week. One has to mature; Baker has not reached that point under which he can become consistent. If that's silly, then maybe it is. But, I think not.

I firmly believe that needing hate and negativity to make someone play his best is not the sign of a mature person. It is the sign of an over-emotional person who, in the long run, cannot sustain the fake motivation every week. One has to mature; Baker has not reached that point under which he can become consistent. If that's silly, then maybe it is. But, I think not.
OK … Colin Cowherd …. Maturity and chip on your shoulder are two different items … many professional athletes thrive off of using a chip as motivation … to name a few, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Micheal Jordan … and I know Baker is not in their category … just giving examples of successful players with a chip …. lack of maturity on the other hand is a success killer … example: Johnny Manziel …. lack of maturity causes athletes to not train effectively … because they are focusing on the wrong things … for example, Manziel focussed on celebrity and partying instead of football … from what I have heard that is not Baker’s problem … I have never thought Baker was elite … go back and look at my comments when he was drafted … I thought the Browns were crazy for drafting him … should have taken Josh Allen … but after watching him for these 3+ years …. I believe you can win with him … and I mean at a high level … but he needs to be playing at his best … which he is not right now … to me the key is his next contract … if he is willing to take a reasonable contract, I would keep him … if not, I am looking to move on … he is not good enough to pay top dollar for.

I'm a Bengals fan, so anytime the Browns lose it's a good thing to me. That being said, I think we football fans are crazy to think our NFL team is gonna' show up in the mood to play every week. The game is brutal, they play 17 games in 18 weeks, plus some really short weeks with the Thursday games. I say of the 17 games your lucky if your team shows up in the mood to block, tackle, and give max effort in 11 or 12. The NFL has become 17 individual seasons and there ain't much a coach can do to impact it.....
Today's Bengals v. Steelers game is a prime example of what I was talking about in the above post. The Steelers players had absolutely no intention of competing today, and their wasn't a damn thing Mike Tomlin could do about it.

Today's Bengals v. Steelers game is a prime example of what I was talking about in the above post. The Steelers players had absolutely no intention of competing today, and their wasn't a damn thing Mike Tomlin could do about it.
That loss to the crappy Steelers really hurt the Browns.