2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

Is this practice of taking a $100 per seat deposit to merely secure a place on the waiting list for Browns’ season tickets considered common among NFL owners, or is Mr. Rebate Haslam breaking new ground ?

Other teams have done it. The Jets, as an example charge $50/yr to be on their waiting list and it is capped at $500 [10 years of being on the list]

The Patriots have a fee of $2000 to $5000 just to transfer tickets from father to son.

BTW The Green Bay Packers [130000+]and Denver Broncos [86000+] lists are currently at 30 years

Greedy Williams got injured and had to leave the game today. Shocking. Him and bucket hat Delpit can spend another season together riding the exercise bike and collecting checks.

Time for an Amber alert for Takk McKinley. I'm not a huge fan but it would be nice to have that extra body on the edge and it could free up Clowney to move inside on passing downs. Also, with Woods liking to rotate DL's it would be nice to have him in the mix.

Time for an Amber alert for Takk McKinley. I'm not a huge fan but it would be nice to have that extra body on the edge and it could free up Clowney to move inside on passing downs. Also, with Woods liking to rotate DL's it would be nice to have him in the mix.
There has been a sighting-

It has always boggled my mind that modern medicine can rebuild a knee or elbow but can't figure out a solution to the elusive chronic hamstring problem.

Eerily quiet on this thread. I think all of us Browns fans are excited for the season and too nervous to post anything optimistic.
I think the specter of opening on the road with Kansas City dulls the edge a bit. I know I feel better with Stefanski having two weeks to game plan for KC, but there is really no way a team can prepare for Mahomes' unpredictability with the ball. With all the new personnel on defense, I would have loved for this game to be played in Week 11 than Week 1. But I still think the Browns have a puncher's chance to beat them.

I think the specter of opening on the road with Kansas City dulls the edge a bit. I know I feel better with Stefanski having two weeks to game plan for KC, but there is really no way a team can prepare for Mahomes' unpredictability with the ball. With all the new personnel on defense, I would have loved for this game to be played in Week 11 than Week 1. But I still think the Browns have a puncher's chance to beat them.
Totally agree. I also think I'm OK with an 0-1 start as long as we play well. Beating KC @ KC week 1 can lead to over-confidence and other problems. I'll be rooting for the W, but a loss would cause more hunger and make them realize they need to do some things better should a rematch occur in the playoffs.

Totally agree. I also think I'm OK with an 0-1 start as long as we play well. Beating KC @ KC week 1 can lead to over-confidence and other problems. I'll be rooting for the W, but a loss would cause more hunger and make them realize they need to do some things better should a rematch occur in the playoffs.
But in Game 1 funny things happen.

Plus I think this defense will be WAY better than last year's, and KC has a whole new O-Line.

It has always boggled my mind that modern medicine can rebuild a knee or elbow but can't figure out a solution to the elusive chronic hamstring problem.
It’s because these guys have built their bodies to weights and composition their frames were never built to handle. Plus, most have very little body fat. Their muscles are pretty much overly tight, just waiting to pop.

Any person on the sidelines that is not a player should be thrown out if they touch an on the field player, especially aggressively. I agree with you though Tom 48, that was stupid on Harrison's part.

Impressed by the Schwartz kid. DPJ has done nothing other than try to make a really stupid play near the goal line on a punt.