2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

My son was angry when we did not take JOK at 26. I said "trust Andrew Berry". And we got him anyway - bolstering the CB and LB positions is so clutch.
I don’t care what they call JOK in the pros, safety or LB, as long as he can become a Polumolu/Derwin James type of roving missle.

Browns start the day early with 2 picks in the top 10 of the 4th round, maybe a trade for 2022 draft capital? Some things to keep an eye on:
  • On the best available boards there are some good DTs and IOLs still available, after drafting value positions it might be time to grab some depth in the middle of the field.
  • Might be time to also look at traditional LBs, Jabril Cox would be good value if still there when the Browns pick especially since there is a big drop off after him.
  • There are some nice RBs still available, I like Michael Carter. Might be time to add a nice piece to the RB rotation.

Browns start the day early with 2 picks in the top 10 of the 4th round, maybe a trade for 2022 draft capital? Some things to keep an eye on:
  • On the best available boards there are some good DTs and IOLs still available, after drafting value positions it might be time to grab some depth in the middle of the field.
  • Might be time to also look at traditional LBs, Jabril Cox would be good value if still there when the Browns pick especially since there is a big drop off after him.
  • There are some nice RBs still available, I like Michael Carter. Might be time to add a nice piece to the RB rotation.
i would think they might take a DT, with one of the 4's...... another linebacker , they probably will get rid of some of the choices, and try to get a extra pick for next year...... so far i really like the choices they have made....

From SI:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
LB | Notre Dame

The Browns are becoming one of the best organizations in all of football. They have gotten fantastic value throughout, and that is the same here with Owusu-Koramoah. He is a first-round talent, and in the right role, Owusu-Koramoah can be one of the best players in the NFL. Few players have better film than him in the draft. -- JB

NFL.com:

Owusu-Koramoah is a dynamic chase-and-run playmaker with the speed, quickness and instincts to create splash plays all over the field. Looking for an active space player, the Browns get an impact defender on the second level.

CBS Sports:

52. Browns: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
Grade: A+
Would've been totally fine if Cleveland picked Owusu-Koramoah in Round 1. Get a steal in Round 2. My highest-graded defender in this class. Modern-day second-level player. Ultra-sudden. Explosive. Fast. Covers like a quality safety. Not undersized for today's NFL.

DraftKings:

No. 52 Cleveland Browns: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
Grade: A
JOK fell in this draft because teams don’t know what to do with him. His body type falls between linebacker and safety, but the man is everywhere on defense. He likely fell because the Cardinals had a tough time with Isaiah Simmons last season. The Browns will likely move him to safety, where he’ll need to be more disciplined, but has all the ability to become a top player. At this point in the draft he’s a steal.

All I ask is that the Browns draft players who can TACKLE.

They drafted and signed FA’s to set their team up to beat the Ravens (JOK to chase Lamar) and the Chiefs (Johnson, Hill, Newsome to cover Kelcie and Tyreek).

If Baker and the offense continue to score points look out.

They drafted and signed FA’s to set their team up to beat the Ravens (JOK to chase Lamar) and the Chiefs (Johnson, Hill, Newsome to cover Kelcie and Tyreek).

They can chase all they want, but they have to tackle. Over the last few years, the defense had come close to being the leader in missed tackles, especially from the linebackers.

Browns get Tommy Togai from tOSU. They are killing it!
Yep great draft by Berry and team. I'd imagine most of you watch the Buckeyes but Browns fan will love Tommy. Not the biggest DT but a brute force and hard working guy and relentless player. great to have on the team - never seeks glory.

Plus Clowney is effective against the run, he could help plug the middle, which was porous last year against the Ravens.

What did Grossi say or do?

Primarily his tone and questioning why anybody would willingly move to West Virginia. Don't get me wrong, there are some unappealing aspects to some of WV but the way he went after the point (twice) just reminded me of who the guy really is.

Primarily his tone and questioning why anybody would willingly move to West Virginia. Don't get me wrong, there are some unappealing aspects to some of WV but the way he went after the point (twice) just reminded me of who the guy really is.
He had to get on the playing field,took his best option and he's got his chance.

"Primarily his tone and questioning why anybody would willingly move to West Virginia."

Many people across the country say that about Cleveland, since it started being the butt of national jokes. So, there's no reason to look down on anybody - we've been there ourselves.

I would move there simply because Grossi isn't there. Lots of pretty country and friendly people there...

There is very little, if any, criticism that would make sense for the front office after this draft. They addressed nearly every need with top tier talent and got tremendous value for their picks. If the defensive players perform like they are anticipated to do, this will be a very difficult team to contend with next year.

That being said, I still think the Browns aren't done with FA just yet and I could imagine Richardson returning to them after failing to secure a significant pay increase.

Browns sign DL Malik McDowell; evidently he has served his time in prison for assaulting a police officer

Seriously, this man is a long shot who really isn't needed at this time.

I'm in favor of bringing as many talented, inexpensive athletes to camp as allowable. Never know when you might catch lightning in a bottle with a guy who is truly rehabbed and wants to prove himself.

Like Josh Gordon, for example... ;)

I am excited to see the improvement on the defense. I imagine we'll see quite a bit of 4 linemen, Ward and Newsome at CB, JOK and Walker at LB and 3 safeties- Delpit, Harrison and Johnson.