2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

bedevil

This might be the most anticipated Browns season since their return. Might as well get it started now.

With their efforts against the Chefs it is clear that they are engrained as the #2 team in the AFC>

Unfortunately for Browns and AFC fans, Pats Mahomes and the Chiefs will rule over the AFC for 20 years like TB12 and the Pats did, and a lot of teams like the Browns will not be able to see the multiple SB success because of that stranglehold.

With their efforts against the Chefs it is clear that they are engrained as the #2 team in the AFC>

Unfortunately for Browns and AFC fans, Pats Mahomes and the Chiefs will rule over the AFC for 20 years like TB12 and the Pats did, and a lot of teams like the Browns will not be able to see the multiple SB success because of that stranglehold.
Salary cap will slow them down. Mahomes cap hit nearly doubles (to $42M) in 2023, other people will have to go.

I love the Browns, have since they were terrible. And I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I am realistic...their record against Pitts and Baltimore is abysmal. I’m not counting the week 17 starters vs backup game. Until we can dominate our own division, we can not be 2nd best in an entire conference

I love the Browns, have since they were terrible. And I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I am realistic...their record against Pitts and Baltimore is abysmal. I’m not counting the week 17 starters vs backup game. Until we can dominate our own division, we can not be 2nd best in an entire conference
we've been burnt so many times but go ahead and get on the wagon I think the Browns are the real deal

we've been burnt so many times but go ahead and get on the wagon I think the Browns are the real deal

I think that's just it. We still haven't shaken the doomsday mindset that somehow the Browns will figure out a way to mess it up. Last season, they won games they had lost in the past. They seemed to be getting the Stefanski system, and things appeared to run more smoothly. They were able to do things by rote as the season wore on. That should only improve.

By no means are the Browns a finished product but finally, FINALLY, it looks like the organization has stability and ability in the front office, a coaching staff with a leader running the show, and legitimate NFL talent on the roster.

Marty Schottenheimer has passed away>

Marty was well liked by his players and considered an offensive innovator, unfortunately his legacy will be of great regular seasons but poor post season results.

Marty Schottenheimer has passed away>

Marty was well liked by his players and considered an offensive innovator, unfortunately his legacy will be of great regular seasons but poor post season results.

Good guy and a good coach. RIP Marty.

4971413.png

Browns sign safety.

Nice acquisition. Really lines up with Woods preference to play three safeties at times with Johnson, Harrison and Delpit. I'll really missed Joseph and Sendejo (NOT!).

Now between the rest of free agency and the draft bring me a playmaking LB, a decent DE and a corner and I will be happy.

Nice acquisition. Really lines up with Woods preference to play three safeties at times with Johnson, Harrison and Delpit. I'll really missed Joseph and Sendejo (NOT!).

Now between the rest of free agency and the draft bring me a playmaking LB, a decent DE and a corner and I will be happy.
Yep. I’m hoping for that kid from Tulsa in the draft. Accidentally saw a Tulsa game on TV and that LB just popped off the screen, so I watched a couple more...including against UC...and hoped to see the Browns or Vikings draft him. Before that, getting the DE Hendrickson would be good and I would be fine if the Browns re-signed Money Mitch at CB. If there was money for it, I would like to see a run stuffing DT, preferably Tomlinson, signed too.

Yep. I’m hoping for that kid from Tulsa in the draft. Accidentally saw a Tulsa game on TV and that LB just popped off the screen, so I watched a couple more...including against UC...and hoped to see the Browns or Vikings draft him. Before that, getting the DE Hendrickson would be good and I would be fine if the Browns re-signed Money Mitch at CB. If there was money for it, I would like to see a run stuffing DT, preferably Tomlinson, signed too.

Ogunjobi was a fan favorite but in actuality just an average DT at the end of the day. I'm curious to see if Billings will be decent. Add him and another decent DT and they'd be solid. The kid from Tulsa looks like one hell of an athlete.

Ogunjobi was a fan favorite but in actuality just an average DT at the end of the day. I'm curious to see if Billings will be decent. Add him and another decent DT and they'd be solid. The kid from Tulsa looks like one hell of an athlete.
Ogunjobi wasn’t good against the run and wasn’t an effective pass rusher...even with the benefit of playing next to Myles. I often wondered why he ever played.

Do you count the playoff destruction in Pittsburgh?

Hendrickson goes to the Bengals. Lawson to Jets....... Browns losing out on the pass rushing free agents so far.

Wow! Almost all the pass rushers are gone. Just Von Miller and DuPree, really. Big money guys coming off injuries who might not fit the scheme. Maybe they’ll consider Kyle Van Noy?

Von Miller to stay with Denver.

Myles Garrett already working on moves to defeat triple teams.