2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

can someone check , why the brownies have SO MANY hammy issues....
Some think it is the lack of club monitored off-season workouts. Maybe, maybe not but the bottom line is the Browns have been losing a lot of key players for stretches of the season(s).

Last edited:
Take the win - run (well, hobble) away to the long week off and hope they can get back at least Chubb for the Steelers. I think they can manage with Keenum against the Steelers, but hopefully Baker can heal up enough to get back at it in a couple weeks.

Given their schedule, if they can get to the bye week at 7-5, that would be a decent result.

Here's a photo from the Browns' off-season workout program-

images

Stayed dry in row 30 of the upper bowl and the crowd was on fire! Fun game and a workmanlike win while short-handed. My observations from the cheap seats:

- Odell is a mental case. Drops, mental mistakes, very obviously frustrated on the sidelines. After his 2 catches in the 2nd half Jarvis and others really made a point of patting him on the back, trying to pump him up. If he could just make a big play he could maybe flip the switch and be OBJ again

- Myles Garrett gets held on every pash rush. Every single one.

- D'Ernest was a man possessed. great vision and burst too. Even when Chubb is back he should get Hunt's workload - solid RB.

- need to fix the penalty problem.

Are there any similarities between Farve and Baker?
I think it is a good comparison in many ways. Both are very emotional QBs (which can be good and bad), both seem willing to do anything to win, both can be a little reckless at times.

Let's hope that Baker has 80-90% of Favre's success and longevity in his career.

Looks like Ward is getting a MRI on the hammy to see what is going on. Dude is a China Doll made of porcelain.

I think it is a good comparison in many ways. Both are very emotional QBs (which can be good and bad), both seem willing to do anything to win, both can be a little reckless at times.

Let's hope that Baker has 80-90% of Favre's success and longevity in his career.
Baker doesn't read the coverage as quickly and needs quicker release. Did Farve have that problem early on?

There's no comparison between Favre and Mayfield. Favre was a Pro-bowler in his first full season as a starter, his second in the league. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer and the first QB in NFL history to obtain 70,000 yards, 10,000 passes, 6,000 completions, 500 touchdowns, 200 wins, and victories over all 32 teams.

In Mayfield's 4th year, he's shown himself to be merely a competent NFL QB. If he was more than that we'd have seen it by now.

There is no comparison between a perennial pro-bowler and a slightly above average QB.

There's no comparison between Favre and Mayfield. Favre was a Pro-bowler in his first full season as a starter, his second in the league. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer and the first QB in NFL history to obtain 70,000 yards, 10,000 passes, 6,000 completions, 500 touchdowns, 200 wins, and victories over all 32 teams.

In Mayfield's 4th year, he's shown himself to be merely a competent NFL QB. If he was more than that we'd have seen it by now.

There is no comparison between a perennial pro-bowler and a slightly above average QB.
Wasn't aware Farve was that good early.

You are right - my comparisons above were simply on personality. As I said, good for Baker to aspire to being 80% of Favre in terms of results.

You are right - my comparisons above were simply on personality. As I said, good for Baker to aspire to being 80% of Favre in terms of results.
The Browns would be happy if he was 80% of Kirk Cousins. He’s not even 100% of Andy Dalton. The Red Rifle went to three Pro Bowls. Dalton is probably a good name to bring up, as the Browns are facing the same dilemma with Baker as Cincy faced with Dalton. Talented roster…time to pay the second contract of the QB…QB is good, but not great…team overpays QB who really can’t carry a franchise.

The Browns would be happy if he was 80% of Kirk Cousins. He’s not even 100% of Andy Dalton. The Red Rifle went to three Pro Bowls. Dalton is probably a good name to bring up, as the Browns are facing the same dilemma with Baker as Cincy faced with Dalton. Talented roster…time to pay the second contract of the QB…QB is good, but not great…team overpays QB who really can’t carry a franchise.
It will come down to whether the team thinks an average to above average QB is worth 1/6th or 1/7th of the entire team's salary cap.