2021 Cincinnati Bengals

I don’t doubt Humphrey would help the OL, but the Bengals needed at T. Their big mistake was caring more about the PR of drafting a local player instead of drafting the best T available. Carman underachieved his entire career at Clemson, there was not reason to take him.
They needed a RG and a center for this year. Unfortunate that Reiff, although somewhat of a disappointment, is injured. But RG and C is the weak point of the line. It will be interesting to see what they do with the C position. I think Hopkins will be better next year but he turns 30 this off season and even if he returns to pre injury level, he was just okay. I’d like to see them upgrade there, address RT and pray Carmen takes a step.

when it counted joe was clean and the ball was completed to put ball in field goal range for the win.

good job oline when it counted.

jtk
()
It counted the whole game and they sucked. They deserve absolutely zero credit for the win.

you still sticking to that theory? when have the bengals ever cared about PR lol?

i heard they drafted him b/c he was highly recommended by anthony munoz.

jtk
()
I am sticking to that, bc I believe it was a big factor. IDC what Munoz thinks, he’s not the one watching all of Carman’s college film.

They needed a RG and a center for this year. Unfortunate that Reiff, although somewhat of a disappointment, is injured. But RG and C is the weak point of the line. It will be interesting to see what they do with the C position. I think Hopkins will be better next year but he turns 30 this off season and even if he returns to pre injury level, he was just okay. I’d like to see them upgrade there, address RT and pray Carmen takes a step.
Tackle was definitely a position of need, way too many people thought Jonah Williams was the answer at LT and he’s been mediocre at best.

I am sticking to that, bc I believe it was a big factor. IDC what Munoz thinks, he’s not the one watching all of Carman’s college film.
so why do you care so much about the bengals when all you do is complain about them? why make your life more miserable than it already is and watch them?

jtk
()

so why do you care so much about the bengals when all you do is complain about them? why make your life more miserable than it already is and watch them?

jtk
()
I want to see them do well, so why can’t I express my frustration over their bad decision? I admit to being wrong about taking Sewell over Chase but Carman was a bad pick and it’s evident when he can barely get on the field.

you can do whatever you want, i was just asking why you do that to yourself every week. noone has said the bengals have a good OL, but to come on here and biotch about it every week isn't doing anything. hell the bengals are doing something this week that they've only done 3 times ever. most true bengals fans would be enjoying every moment of this since we don't see it very often.

jtk
()

Titans fan here, I'll admit I rooted for the Steelers Sunday, I'd much rather play them then you. The Titans have had kind of a jekel and hyde season. Losses to the Jets, Texans, Cardinals, Steelers and Patriots. However, wins vs. Buffalo, Rams, Colts twice, and Chiefs. At this point the Titans, who've had various injuries all season, appear to be as healthy as possible now and Derek Henry is due to return. Bengals are arguably playing their best football right now.
No surprises with the Titans, they are physical and will run the ball or use the run to set up play action. The season really turned for Tennessee in week 7 on a Monday night vs. Buffalo. Titans were 3-3 at that time, losing big in the home opener vs. Arizona, getting a come from behind win at Seattle, beating the Colts then inexplicably to the Jets. The Titans ran off 4 straight over the Bills, and impressive big win over KC, beating the Colts at Indy but losing Henry, then beating the Rams in LA.
It's not been a thing of beauty most weeks as they've battled injuries all season. Julio Jones has played a handful of games, AJ Brown has missed games, and of course Henry. The defense has been the difference for this team. Jeffrey Simmons is a dominant defensive tackle, Denico Autry and Bud Dupree has been great, Harold Landry and David Long have been solid as well. The Titans front 7 is as good as any in football and they'll need to get after Burrow and force the ball to come out earlier than he wants.
I don't look for Henry to have a gigantic impact in this game, maybe 15 carries or so. D'onta Foreman and Dontrell Hillman have been good backs in Henry's absence. Should be a good one!
Congratulations Bengal fans, you earned it. I think you saw many of the flaws of the Titans in one single game. Tannehill has been mostly good, but he has his moments when he turns the ball over. The one I feel that really hurt was the 2nd one where he tried to throw it through a defender. That pass was likley not going to be completed anyway because the DB was all over the route too.

I told you the Titans front 7 was good. It's really frustrating when you have such a dominant defensive performance wasted. And give credit to the Bengal defense, they stood up well also. I thought the Titans started to get the run game going in the 2nd half and was wearing the Bengals down. The 2nd pick came off of consecutive run plays by Henry and Foreman's long run. Why not keep running? Who knows. I thought the Titans tried to get too cute a few times and didn't just pound the rock. The Bengals stand in the closing minutes I feel was the turning point of the game. I don't fault Tannehill for the 3rd interception. Let's face it, he completes that, it's probably the Titans winning the game. That play really just decided who was going to win.
Great season by the Titans, who no one anticipated being a #1 seed. Great win for the Bengals and the city of Cincinnati. Ironically, just two years ago the Titans were in this spot, beating New England and Baltimore and surprising everyone by getting to the AFC championship -- in KC. Ironically again, the Titans did beat KC two years ago in the regular season, only to lose to them in the AFC final. I give the Bengals a punchers chance, but KC just has so much more experience and it seems like Mahomes and Co. really have things clicking now. Bengals may need another 3 int performance to stay in this game. Good thing for the Bengals is they are playing with house money. They are getting alot of playoff experience this season.

you can do whatever you want, i was just asking why you do that to yourself every week. noone has said the bengals have a good OL, but to come on here and biotch about it every week isn't doing anything. hell the bengals are doing something this week that they've only done 3 times ever. most true bengals fans would be enjoying every moment of this since we don't see it very often.

jtk
()
You keep on giving the OL props and they deserve nothing but ridicule. I don’t claim to be the diehard Bengals fan you are, but I watch the games and can give an informed opinion. From my perspective it’s frustrating bc the OL is the only thing holding them back from being at the level of the upper echelon of teams. A decent (not even good) OL and they’d have a real chance to win a SB. As it stands, even if they somehow pull off a massive upset of KC on the road, they’d get blown out by the Rams. Burrow might get sacked 15x in that game.

jtk
()
Who determines what a true fan is? Bengals Oline sucks and only because Joe Burrow is so damn good is why the Bengals are where they are. That and the NFL's competitive balance.

and yet noone has said the bengals have a good OL. but knowing that and still winning would be a time to be excited that the bengals are ahead of schedule and should know what to do in the off season. no true fan needs reminded that the OL isn't up to par true fans know that and are celebrating doing something that hasn't been done since 1989.

jtk
()

You keep on giving the OL props and they deserve nothing but ridicule. I don’t claim to be the diehard Bengals fan you are, but I watch the games and can give an informed opinion. From my perspective it’s frustrating bc the OL is the only thing holding them back from being at the level of the upper echelon of teams. A decent (not even good) OL and they’d have a real chance to win a SB. As it stands, even if they somehow pull off a massive upset of KC on the road, they’d get blown out by the Rams. Burrow might get sacked 15x in that game.
good job oline.....lol. is really to ruffle yours and the other villiage idiot who does nothing but complain about something they can't fix. and the rest of us know that, so we are celebrating the fact that we are in the afc championship game.

jtk
()

good job oline.....lol. is really to ruffle yours and the other villiage idiot who does nothing but complain about something they can't fix. and the rest of us know that, so we are celebrating the fact that we are in the afc championship game.

jtk
()
But it’s factually incorrect to say they did a good job. Joe Burrow is an elite QB, and the D is pretty damn good as a unit, that’s why they won. The OL deserves absolutely zero credit.

Last edited:
But it’s factually incorrect to say they did a good job. Joe Burrow is an elite QB, and the D is pretty damn good as a unit, that’s why they won. The OL deserves absolutely zero credit.
Joe Burrow is spectacular when not pressured and very bad when pressured. The O line has kept the pressure off enough times to win. Could they be better? Of course. Not likely to happen with this current group though.

I expect it to be addressed in the off-season.

Joe Burrow is spectacular when not pressured and very bad when pressured. The O line has kept the pressure off enough times to win. Could they be better? Of course. Not likely to happen with this current group though.

It will be, through free agency.....Burrow is friggin' great, and his teammates always expect good things to happen when he is with them. Whether by scheme or Joe tryin' to make a play, he does hold the ball an awful long time. This O Line is not by any means elite, but in their defense folks act like pass blocking is simple. I watched Brady get curb stomped for three hours on Sunday. Few things in sports could be as difficult as trying to prevent a 6'3"+ 290+ lb. Man, that runs a 4.5, is quick, athletic and freakishly strong from getting to your QB. It's ridiculous to whine about it now, they ain't gonna' sign no free agents between now and Sunday. Buffalo had big success with quick slants, and three step drops. I think we will see the Bengals incorporate that bigly into the KC game plan.

JB was sacked 9 times Sat. and still passed for 348yds. This from PFF: Burrow has still performed plenty admirably under duress this season. Performance under pressure isn’t the most-stable stat to evaluate quarterback play, but Burrow comes in as the NFL’s 10th-highest-graded passer under pressure among 40 qualified quarterbacks. Nobody has averaged more yards per attempt; opponents aren’t in the clear even when able to wreak some havoc in the Bengals backfield.

10th out of 40 QB's is not very bad. This article was before the Titans play-off game.

JB was sacked 9 times Sat. and still passed for 348yds. This from PFF: Burrow has still performed plenty admirably under duress this season. Performance under pressure isn’t the most-stable stat to evaluate quarterback play, but Burrow comes in as the NFL’s 10th-highest-graded passer under pressure among 40 qualified quarterbacks. Nobody has averaged more yards per attempt; opponents aren’t in the clear even when able to wreak some havoc in the Bengals backfield.

10th out of 40 QB's is not very bad. This article was before the Titans play-off game.
I’d say Burrow is 3rd to 5th best QB in the NFL. Most rank him in that range. I’m not a fan of the long develop play calls but Burrow has looked like the best player in the NFL in the last couple months. If the Bengals spend money, they will dominate the AFC North for the next decade.

I’d say Burrow is 3rd to 5th best QB in the NFL. Most rank him in that range. I’m not a fan of the long develop play calls but Burrow has looked like the best player in the NFL in the last couple months. If the Bengals spend money, they will dominate the AFC North for the next decade.
Nearly all their stars are on rookie contracts. The Bengals have mass cap space. I look for them to dive deep into the free agent market for proven, veteran, NFL, Offensive Linemen this off-season.....

Per your article... Burrow is in the 90th percentile from a clean pocket.

He drops to the 74th percentile under pressure. That's a significant drop.

Wait, did you say Burrow is very bad when pressured?

I want to see them do well, so why can’t I express my frustration over their bad decision? I admit to being wrong about taking Sewell over Chase but Carman was a bad pick and it’s evident when he can barely get on the field.

If only they were doing well this year ...

Most would agree Joe Burrow is the best under pressure. Of course not all pressure is equal

Upper echelon? You mean like making a conference championship?
Also, that's a pretty big assumption regarding the Rams given their history against the 49ers.

AFC is gonna be fun the next decade.

The bad tho.....find it hard for Burrow to get a SB with all this other QB talent.

I see JB going to NO down the road once they rebuild and get the cAp fixed. Probablyy in 7 yrs.

Upper echelon? You mean like making a conference championship?
Also, that's a pretty big assumption regarding the Rams given their history against the 49ers.
Yeah, but they’re most likely not going to beat KC in KC. Even if they did and the 49ers upset the Rams, they still can’t block Bosa.

Burrow will end up like Andrew Luck if they don’t protect him better.

Most would agree Joe Burrow is the best under pressure. Of course not all pressure is equal
He can hold the ball too long, which is how the Titans could rush 4 and get solid pressure. Against the blitz, he’s deadly bc he gets the ball out fast to his WRs in space.