2021 Cincinnati Bengals

jtk

any thoughts, predictions, etc.

we've seen a fairly productive offseason, joe is healing well and the defense should be improved.

the OL is still a train wreck, but hey, they think they've improved there which isn't hard if hart never sees the field.

i heard some clown on the radio who said he doesn't see 4 wins for the bengals.

let the hate start, its almost training camp time.

jtk
()

Well the Bengals said they can have full capacity this year. They only have to sell 65000 tickets, I don't think that will happen...

As far as wins go, I will guess 6 or 7. Hope Joe does not get injured this year...

The Bengals are sound at the offensive skill positions. If Burrow comes back healthy and they can keep him upright, they could score enough to win 6 or 7 games.

i haven't looked, not sure if anyone knows, but do they have one of the youngest rosters AGAIN?

jtk
()

something i saw had them at 12th youngest. rams the youngest even with stafford. i guess i can't use being young as an excuse this year. lol

jtk
()

something i saw had them at 12th youngest. rams the youngest even with stafford. i guess i can't use being young as an excuse this year. lol

jtk
()
They better get young and good soon, because when they have to pay Burrow’s next deal the cap will be a much bigger factor. Happens to every team that signs the QB to a big new deal.

paying burrow again won't be a big deal. those cheap bastards don't spend much as it is.

jtk
()

any thoughts, predictions, etc.

we've seen a fairly productive offseason, joe is healing well and the defense should be improved.

the OL is still a train wreck, but hey, they think they've improved there which isn't hard if hart never sees the field.

i heard some clown on the radio who said he doesn't see 4 wins for the bengals.

let the hate start, its almost training camp time.

jtk
()
5-6 wins seems about right. The OL and Front 7 are still bad. The Division is filled with great edge rushers, but the re*ard fan base will try to rationalize why they didn’t need to spend that first round pick on a “boring” position like OL. Kinda like how Reds fans tried to rationalize how the bullpen wouldn’t be that bad.

Low iq fans never understand how the non sexy positions are important to winning. It’s all about who scores TDs or hits HRs. Then they wonder why their teams always lose.

5-6 wins seems about right. The OL and Front 7 are still bad. The Division is filled with great edge rushers, but the re*ard fan base will try to rationalize why they didn’t need to spend that first round pick on a “boring” position like OL. Kinda like how Reds fans tried to rationalize how the bullpen wouldn’t be that bad.

Low iq fans never understand how the non sexy positions are important to winning. It’s all about who scores TDs or hits HRs. Then they wonder why their teams always lose.
we have an OL coach this year. that clown they had last couple years was a joke. not saying they are good up front, but hope this guy can right the ship. plus, they have money and there are guys out there that could help the cause.

jtk
()

we have an OL coach this year. that clown they had last couple years was a joke. not saying they are good up front, but hope this guy can right the ship. plus, they have money and there are guys out there that could help the cause.

jtk
()
I think the last OL coach deserves some blame, but I think it’s over rationalizing to put so much of the blame on him. And what guys could they sign? They already signed Reiff, and have been vocal about counting on Williams to play LT.

I still think it was incredibly dumb to draft Chase over Sewell but too much of the fan base doesn’t have a strong enough football iq to know anything beyond that Chase scores TDs. It’s even worse wasting your 2nd round pick on an underperforming OL just bc he’s from Cincinnati. These are the kinds of decisions that seem small, but are ultimately why the Bengals will likely never win anything of note under the current ownership.

i never stated i enjoyed the 1st round pick. just stating the OL coach they now have is significantly better. you are right about dumb fans also. good thing im not one of them. lol. Good OL and DL win games. there is plenty of OL help out there, and more will be available soon. they have money, hopefully they upgrade. hell, anybody will help over the clowns they had last year.

jtk
()

not sure what was wrong with the center from kc who visited on monday? im sure the bengals low balled him so he walked.

jtk
()

hell, the record was terrible last season, but they hardly ever go blown out with joe in there, even with that OL. just giving an opinion. we all know how the bengals work. as long as we don't start 0 and 7 or 8 and wins 6 or 7, he isn't going anywhere. unless joe goes to office and said he sucks and wants a new coach.

jtk
()

Justin Houston signs with the Ravens. Really not liking this team to win more than 2 games in the Division.

He probably does. Omar the Clown should be his next screen name
WTF is your problem Tardy22? You’re obsession with me is borderline gay. And while it’s fine if you swing that way, that’s not my style.

unless the defense is just brutal, which it could be. this offense should be hard to stop if the ol is just a little better than last year. i know im an optimist, but they've spent a lot of money on the defense (not sure they have the right DC). but this team has a great offense minus the line, but it can't be worse than last year?

jtk
()

unless the defense is just brutal, which it could be. this offense should be hard to stop if the ol is just a little better than last year. i know im an optimist, but they've spent a lot of money on the defense (not sure they have the right DC). but this team has a great offense minus the line, but it can't be worse than last year?

jtk
()
Don’t think this line can be worse than last yr. This line has some new faces along with a new OL Coach. I don’t think we were getting max effort from some OL last few yrs because they just despised the old OL Coach and his Coaching tactics.

Don’t think this line can be worse than last yr. This line has some new faces along with a new OL Coach. I don’t think we were getting max effort from some OL last few yrs because they just despised the old OL Coach and his Coaching tactics.
Again, I think you’re greatly overweighting the impact of a position coach.

i think players make coaches look better, but in this case smarty is correct, i hope.

also, been hearing eli apple is looking solid? that would be a huge bonus.

jtk
()

I think the last OL coach deserves some blame, but I think it’s over rationalizing to put so much of the blame on him. And what guys could they sign? They already signed Reiff, and have been vocal about counting on Williams to play LT.

I still think it was incredibly dumb to draft Chase over Sewell but too much of the fan base doesn’t have a strong enough football iq to know anything beyond that Chase scores TDs. It’s even worse wasting your 2nd round pick on an underperforming OL just bc he’s from Cincinnati. These are the kinds of decisions that seem small, but are ultimately why the Bengals will likely never win anything of note under the current ownership.
Yes, you are the bastion of football knowledge and no one else knows as much as you. A lot of people were upset that Sewell wasn't picked, so I don't know what you were paying attention to. Fans all over Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. not happy about passing on him. But if we were gonna go WR, it should have been Chase and it was, so it is what it is now. Pollack will almost undoubtedly improve the o-line. Mixon and guys that had him before were extremely excited to have him back. If players are excited about a coach, they're going to work harder for that coach. So even if he isn't improving their skill all that much, it seems he's going to improve the work ethic and effort given by these guys and that'll only help the offense as a whole. And they were high on Carman because of what they perceived to be his ability to play guard, not because he was from Cincinnati. It's been reported multiple times.

Yes, you are the bastion of football knowledge and no one else knows as much as you. A lot of people were upset that Sewell wasn't picked, so I don't know what you were paying attention to. Fans all over Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. not happy about passing on him. But if we were gonna go WR, it should have been Chase and it was, so it is what it is now. Pollack will almost undoubtedly improve the o-line. Mixon and guys that had him before were extremely excited to have him back. If players are excited about a coach, they're going to work harder for that coach. So even if he isn't improving their skill all that much, it seems he's going to improve the work ethic and effort given by these guys and that'll only help the offense as a whole. And they were high on Carman because of what they perceived to be his ability to play guard, not because he was from Cincinnati. It's been reported multiple times.
And I don’t believe the FO would outright say they drafted him bc he’s from Cincinnati, but I believe that’s why they did it. He underperformed at Clemson and there were better Gs available

Exactly why I call him Omar the Clown! The guy said in a different thread that Ohio State,Alabama and Ichigan couldn’t get in a spending war with a handful of other Colleges. Complete non sense spewing Clown! The best part is he thinks he is a real football guru. The circus doesn’t have a Football Team?