2021 Cincinnati Bengals

Again, I think you’re greatly overweighting the impact of a position coach.
You don’t comprehend the part about the OL also having some new faces? I know your a Clown, didn’t think you were just plain stupid!

You don’t comprehend the part about the OL also having some new faces? I know your a Clown, didn’t think you were just plain stupid!
They’re upgrades, but that’s not saying much. Again, I think Bengals fans are trying to convince themselves the OL is better than it really is. It’s improved but still not very good.

Last edited:
OL is very important, but with the amount of money spent on the defense, they better be really good.

to think pollack isn't going to improve the OL play would be idiotic. if you've never played a sport, you wouldn't understand what a coach that you like does to a group of players. jmo, from a person who played high school and college. and a likable coach is more important the higher level you play.

jtk
()

And I don’t believe the FO would outright say they drafted him bc he’s from Cincinnati, but I believe that’s why they did it. He underperformed at Clemson and there were better Gs available
He played tackle at Clemson and I'm pretty sure they took him to start out as a guard and then transition to tackle in the future. There were others I wanted ahead of him, sure, but he was still considered a 2nd/3rd round prospect.

The difference between a good and great line is insanely razor thin. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but search Joe Goodberrys Twitter if you’re interested to see how close the difference is between the two. The Bengals just need a good line, especially with how quick Burrow gets the ball out and how creative he can be when things break down. I think with the upgraded pieces and significant upgrade in coaching, they should qualify for the “good” category.

Coming from someone who wanted Sewell over Chase (but was happy with Chase).

The difference between a good and great line is insanely razor thin. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but search Joe Goodberrys Twitter if you’re interested to see how close the difference is between the two. The Bengals just need a good line, especially with how quick Burrow gets the ball out and how creative he can be when things break down. I think with the upgraded pieces and significant upgrade in coaching, they should qualify for the “good” category.

Coming from someone who wanted Sewell over Chase (but was happy with Chase).

What is Burrow's status?

He played tackle at Clemson and I'm pretty sure they took him to start out as a guard and then transition to tackle in the future. There were others I wanted ahead of him, sure, but he was still considered a 2nd/3rd round prospect.
Again, there were better options. And that’s a detail that seems small, but is actually very important. Your 2nd round pick is someone who should be a multi yr starter with the potential to be a perennial Pro Bowler. There’s nothing based on Carman’s history at Clemson to suggest he has that kind of ceiling.

Again, there were better options. And that’s a detail that seems small, but is actually very important. Your 2nd round pick is someone who should be a multi yr starter with the potential to be a perennial Pro Bowler. There’s nothing based on Carman’s history at Clemson to suggest he has that kind of ceiling.
Better options according to pundits and talking heads. If the Bengals thought he was the better option, then they got their guy.

Better options according to pundits and talking heads. If the Bengals thought he was the better option, then they got their guy.
What have they done to earn the benefit of the doubt? They thought Billy Price was going to be in Canton.

What have they done to earn the benefit of the doubt? They thought Billy Price was going to be in Canton.

No they thought James Daniels was going to be in Canton and the Lions jumped 1 spot ahead to take him. In your defense, they then panicked and reached on Price.

Golly gee willikers, every once in awhile you are right.

Benefit of the doubt goes to track record. Some organizations have it. Some dont.

Prior to Baker Mayfield in Cleveland, they didnt have it at all and now they are gold. Gold I tell ya

Golly gee willikers, every once in awhile you are right.

Benefit of the doubt goes to track record. Some organizations have it. Some dont.

Prior to Baker Mayfield in Cleveland, they didnt have it at all and now they are gold. Gold I tell ya
And I’m not lying, they really believed Billy Price would be a HOF Center. And I know they have a new OL Coach, but I’m convinced a big reason why they took Carman was marketability as a Cincinnati native.

And I’m not lying, they really believed Billy Price would be a HOF Center. And I know they have a new OL Coach, but I’m convinced a big reason why they took Carman was marketability as a Cincinnati native.

I need some source on this. Everything I read was they wanted Daniels and then the Lions jumped them. Also, I’m pretty sure Pollack was the OL coach when they took Price.

No, they did not. They wanted Ragnow (not Daniels), Detroit took him one spot before us and they panicked. Which is bad and short-sighted, but their sights were on Ragnow. Who, by all accounts, could potentially be a future HoFer or at least in the discussion.

Daniels went in the second round to Chicago so we could've gotten him with the Price pick instead.

I think they took Carman because he started for a couple years for a national power and his work with long time former OL Coach Paul Alexander. I believe Munoz also thought highly of Carman. Carman being a “Local” was probably a reason but most likely the last reason.

No, they did not. They wanted Ragnow (not Daniels), Detroit took him one spot before us and they panicked. Which is bad and short-sighted, but their sights were on Ragnow. Who, by all accounts, could potentially be a future HoFer or at least in the discussion.

Daniels went in the second round to Chicago so we could've gotten him with the Price pick instead.

oops, good correction on Ragnow.

something different about this team. they seemed to fly around on defense a little more and they have depth on d. ol is still a mess if someone gets hurt, but they seemed more competent except #62. poor guy may be worse than bobby hart. the new kicker has a big leg. anything is better than bullwinkle. hopefully they didn't leave ossai in too long and his injury isn't serious.

jtk
()

seriously though, the #1 defense has looked pretty good. the line wasn't terrible tonight, if i ever have to watch dungey in a real game,,,,,,,damn lol

jtk
()