2021-22 Club season

Elder dont’t count out Voss setter and Lanter Hitter Lib Harvey
X Pung OH Shields/Tressler/Krebs and a few other. They are very talented
Moe OH Hagerty/Lewis/Dollard/setter Marcum
Walnut-Wheatley possible player of the year
Tombragel/Trondle setter add Wilkins MB
Lasalle has a big time player on the rise

Patterson plays for Vanguard.
Btw the “?” you have for Moe’s Setter is huge. Not sure there is someone as good as JJ in the program to step up. That is NOT a knock on the others kids! I am just saying, that’s how good he was on and off the court. Damn good.
I dont think you will see someone as good as JJ step in... thats a big step. However, the starting Moe setter will likely be Marcum. He is listed on the Attack 16 Black roster this year.

Looks like rosters are set @ Attack and Op. I have not seen NKY or A2’s rosters. I also heard CVA is back?

Chris Bannister is running CVA. Supposedly only younger kids 14/15s. Trying to limit scope and build up. He’s a good coach but this isn’t really needed with A2 west up and running.

God forbid that there is competition for the clubs and opportunities for all those players that want to play.

More local clubs helps Ohio boys volleyball achieve long term growth. If the top players in the area go to multiple different clubs then you aren't going to come close to competing at a national level.

I would argue the talent level in Cincinnati is higher than Columbus based on state tournament results, but Attack, OP, and now CVA are all competing for those players.

While up in Columbus, Vanguard pulled players from all over Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana to become competitive at the national stage.

I haven’t heard or seen Vanguards roster. The first Midwest Power Series event is about 10 days away. It will be interesting to see how the Cincy clubs will play vs. HP/Academy/Fury/Munciana/A2 and more

Looking forward to see the boys back in action next weekend! Looking at team rosters, should be an interesting weekend and interested to see how these teams mesh.

See attached for first weekend final results 18 & 16 Open.

Attachments

• 47E8C2A6-C401-462E-931A-D17FB2D84636.png
    47E8C2A6-C401-462E-931A-D17FB2D84636.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 36
  • EC069DC3-ACFD-4B71-96A6-14B20042B8BA.png
    EC069DC3-ACFD-4B71-96A6-14B20042B8BA.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 35
Congrats to both Attack and Vanguard on a good weekend at Third Coast invitational. Fun and brutal invite tourney. Basically the Open bracket at Nationals with all top Cali teams attending. Not lots of practice time before competing. Milwaukee teams had one day of practice.

Observations-
Van 18s- moved from 4th seed to 1seed in pool first day. 3 3setters winning 2. Played Yorktowne with Former OH Blainey and won. 6 of 7 matches were 3 setters. Interestingly their Lewis RS commit can’t play on Sundays.

Attack 18s- played 3 3 setters winning all.

Attack 17s - tough first day. In match with 1 seed but served 10 out in first set. Pretty much same team with new setter. Making adjustments. Griff is the offense.

Van 17s - young with 4 16s and 5 new players. 3 3 setters against tough teams. Beat academy convincingly on last day but academy appeared a bit disengaged.

Heard “unforced errors” a lot from coaches. To be expected given limited practice time.

Recruiting for 2022s is a bit different as college coaches still trying to figure out how many current players will take advantage of additional eligibility due to covid. General consensus was fewer offers to 2022.

Consistently heard that 2023 was strongest class in years. One major d1 is using a 2022 slot on 2023 class. Heard this all the way down through all levels.

Elder dont’t count out Voss setter and Lanter Hitter Lib Harvey
X Pung OH Shields/Tressler/Krebs and a few other. They are very talented
Moe OH Hagerty/Lewis/Dollard/setter Marcum
Walnut-Wheatley possible player of the year
Tombragel/Trondle setter add Wilkins MB
Lasalle has a big time player on the rise
I'd expect Walnut to look something like this:

S- Smith-Trondle (17 black)
OH- Wheatley (17 black)
OH- Tombragel (17 black)
MB- Moyer (17 red)
MB- Welden (18 gold)
OPP- Wilkins (17 gold)
L- ? could be DiNardo or Limoco (both 17 gold) or Swift (16 red). DiNardo could also play OPP.

I'd expect Walnut to look something like this:

S- Smith-Trondle (17 black)
OH- Wheatley (17 black)
OH- Tombragel (17 black)
MB- Moyer (17 red)
MB- Welden (18 gold)
OPP- Wilkins (17 gold)
L- ? could be DiNardo or Limoco (both 17 gold) or Swift (16 red). DiNardo could also play OPP.
Walnut will be a tuff out in 2022. Should be an exciting HS season.