2021-2022 Ohio State Basketball

After getting Royal and Middleton, I assume his commitment would simply be an added bonus at this point. In some ways, they're all similar, and Swain could have likely been a fallback if they hadn't gotten either of the other two. Either way, I'd love to see him on the squad.
I think Swain thrives somewhere else. Unless the Buckeyes have a few one & done players, he could be a redshirt.

Technically no room for Swain next year as Holden has another year of eligibility left. But in todays world, I’d be absolutely shocked if someone who still has eligibility does not transfer.
Can someone list the roster as it is now?

Brown Holden and Key are the only returner's right?
Holden was not on the Bucks last year, Wright State.

Brown, Key, Towns and Sueing will be returning and hopefully key contributers also. Etzler is a returning red-shirter.

The rest are freshman or new transfers:

Holden was not on the Bucks last year, Wright State.

Brown, Key, Towns and Sueing will be returning and hopefully key contributers also. Etzler is a returning red-shirter.

The rest are freshman or new transfers:
That's right. Hopefully the veterans will step up and the younger ones take the lead and shine. Go Buckeyes!

Any stats for those games? Love to hear them.
I don't think they posted official stats, but I did hear that Sensabaugh had 20 in the second game. And apparently all the Freshman "flashed" during the games at different points. And I think that's what's most important. You're not going to learn much about your team against said competition, but you can learn something about your young guys in certain spots. I've been encouraged by what I've read and seen thus far.

I don't think they posted official stats, but I did hear that Sensabaugh had 20 in the second game. And apparently all the Freshman "flashed" during the games at different points. And I think that's what's most important. You're not going to learn much about your team against said competition, but you can learn something about your young guys in certain spots. I've been encouraged by what I've read and seen thus far.
I tend to agree, but Puerto Rico is #19 in the FIBA world rankings. Assuming they had some or most of they guys, that is not a terrible opponent.

Not sure but he is consensus top 50 recruit in 2023 class. In the low 40s presently. He is a talented kid, but cannot imagine trying to live up to his Dad's reputation.
I looked him up and he is currently rated 45 with no listed college offers but the kid rated 46 has and offer from Kansas.

It is really hard to find accurate recruiting info on that kid as the inner circle has been very tight lipped. As far as "bigger" offers I think only USC and Memphis are confirmed.

He is a legitimate top-50 kid in his class IMO and will go to college (and get a huge NIL deal due to his name). I would say due to Dad there's a 100% chance of him going to a Nike sponsored school. He'll end up at either USC, UCLA or Oregon on the west coast, Memphis (Penny), or Ohio State or Michigan (Juwan Howard connection).

It is really hard to find accurate recruiting info on that kid as the inner circle has been very tight lipped. As far as "bigger" offers I think only USC and Memphis are confirmed.

He is a legitimate top-50 kid in his class IMO and will go to college (and get a huge NIL deal due to his name). I would say due to Dad there's a 100% chance of him going to a Nike sponsored school. He'll end up at either USC, UCLA or Oregon on the west coast, Memphis (Penny), or Ohio State or Michigan (Juwan Howard connection).
Why not Carolina? That’s where LeBron once said he would have attended had he been forced into a year of college. He later backtracked and said Ohio State, though I believe he has also said he would have joined his SVSM teammates, and former coach and mentor (Dambrot), at Akron. Bottom line is LBJ can’t be taken at his word, though I believe he has a good heart.

Why not Carolina? That’s where LeBron once said he would have attended had he been forced into a year of college. He later backtracked and said Ohio State, though I believe he has also said he would have joined his SVSM teammates, and former coach and mentor (Dambrot), at Akron. Bottom line is LBJ can’t be taken at his word, though I believe he has a good heart.
*Duke, to play for coach K. And likely because K is no longer there.

Add it to the list of a guy who wants to be liked.
Maybe, it wouldn’t be the first time he’s done or said something to be liked. But he also played for K on the national team for FIBA and the Olympics for various years stretching from 2007-2016. Not totally surprising retrospectively hed want to play for him in a world LBJ goes to college.

It sounds like Seth Towns is finished due to medical setbacks.

It's a shame what injuries did to his college career. He was the Ivy League POY as a sophomore at Harvard, and since then has missed three of the last four years with injuries. The one year he was healthy enough to play for the Bucks he averaged about 10 minutes per game.

Last edited:
Unless you think someone is really good, I'd rather see the two spots they have available go towards either extra eligibility for old guys already on the roster or to transfer players. They are going to have a lot of younger guys next year between current freshmen and the current recruiting class.

That said, I could probably be alright with one or both of Chatman and Bronny.

Edit: somehow left out making a go at Cupps. Not sure how serious they were before, but they offered him and to me they took/accepted GWIII over him for that PG/CG spot in this class. I would take him all day any day. Very Aaron Craft like IMO except with significantly better scoring tools.

Last edited: