2021-2022 Elder Basketball

I think they have the chance to make a very nice run this year. A lot of talent coming back.

Keller
Harp
Busam
Kirch
Whitmer
Brownie

That will probably be your starting lineup and sixth man. Menninger will probably play a lot too.

Who else makes the other six or seven spots? Gutekunst, Tieman. Tyler Johnson may play up as a soph? I am not sure what football players are coming out like Schoester, Flowers, Is Vaughn still playing? The JV team only losy a game or two last year if memory serves me. They have plenty of talent.

I think they have the chance to make a very nice run this year. A lot of talent coming back.

Keller
Harp
Busam
Kirch
Whitmer
Brownie

That will probably be your starting lineup and sixth man. Menninger will probably play a lot too.

Who else makes the other six or seven spots? Gutekunst, Tieman. Tyler Johnson may play up as a soph? I am not sure what football players are coming out like Schoester, Flowers, Is Vaughn still playing? The JV team only losy a game or two last year if memory serves me. They have plenty of talent.
You listed 7, so at most there’s probably 5 spots left. Gutenkust, Tieman, Johnson, and maybe Wall & Brass?

This team will be the best they’ve had in a very long time. It’s also looks (on paper) that the rest of the GCL will be down this season. They have the ability to get to the Final 4 but they’ll have to get by Centerville.

Carmel to open the yr is going to be tough. They went 26-2 and were state champs in Indiana.

This team will be the best they’ve had in a very long time. It’s also looks (on paper) that the rest of the GCL will be down this season. They have the ability to get to the Final 4 but they’ll have to get by Centerville.
The GMC is up this year as well, FF and East will be very good. X loses Kobe but will still be highly competitive and Moe is Moe.
1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - X
4 - LaSalle (long year for them)

The GMC is up this year as well, FF and East will be very good. X loses Kobe but will still be highly competitive and Moe is Moe.
1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - X
4 - LaSalle (long year for them)
Moe brings back Mahafey and that’s it. Their Soph Class is loaded, but how much of an impact will they have this year?

Carmel largest public school in Indiana? I’d imagine they have some talent and that will be a very tough opener. Elder definitely has some good returning players. Hard to talk about any Teams Schedule without knowing who actually makes up the Team.

I was told a month or so ago that Mahaffey was out with a torn ACL, not playing.
They do have Turner & Williams back as well. They played varsity as Sophs, but didn’t contribute much. The Moe Soph class is absolutely stacked, so if they win GCL this year, you might as well give it to them the next 2 yrs as well.

I am told Moe picked up a nearly 7ft transfer. They will be loaded...again.
They picked up a 6'8" soccer player that's been at Moe the whole time just didn't play basketball due to focusing on soccer, he is a SR. Mahaffey also didn't blow his knee out, not sure where that is coming from? I think it's a toss up between Moe and E but will go with Moe due to having the best player. If the big kid (Diallo) doesn't develop then I like Elder. They do have 3 sophs on Varsity and a frosh (Land)... They will be back very soon.

They picked up a 6'8" soccer player that's been at Moe the whole time just didn't play basketball due to focusing on soccer, he is a SR. Mahaffey also didn't blow his knee out, not sure where that is coming from? I think it's a toss up between Moe and E but will go with Moe due to having the best player. If the big kid (Diallo) doesn't develop then I like Elder. They do have 3 sophs on Varsity and a frosh (Land)... They will be back very soon.
A 6’8” soccer player? Now that’s not something you see every day! ? Was he a keeper? Is he an immigrant?

Maybe Mahffey had to take a back seat with all the talent around him, but he didn’t strike me as much of a scorer.

Maybe Mahffey had to take a back seat with all the talent around him, but he didn’t strike me as much of a scorer.
I think a lot of the scoring stuff is due to CK running a terrible system. I mean he had McBride, Hayes, and Davenport on the same team and they were scoring in the 50's.... The one thing about MaHaffey is he is an elite defender. I will be interested to see if CK lets him go this year or holds him back. Im also interested to see how much Land plays, hes just a frosh but is uber talented. He just picked up his 1st offer this summer. Diallo lives in Fairfield and transfered from LaSalle during his frosh year. He played summer AAU with Midwest Basketball Club and is already picking up NAIA offers.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything on fans being admitted to games this year?
Fans were permitted at Volleyball. Some Schools Fans had to wear a Mask. Don’t think Basketball Fans will be treated any differently. I went to St. Ursula for a Volleyball Match and it was Grade School night. The place was packed!

I guess one silver lining from Football getting bounced is Elder will have Harp, Kirch and Browne ready for the start of the year.

Heard they played well in the scrimmage. Only big concern is depth. They should be comfortable with going 7 deep, but probably need one more quality player off the Bench.

Heard they played well in the scrimmage. Only big concern is depth. They should be comfortable with going 7 deep, but probably need one more quality player off the Bench.
The top 7 should be super strong. I am assuming its Keller, Harp, Whitmer, Brown, Kirch, Busam , and Menninger??