2021/2022 Boys Head Coaching changes

Chris Kuhlman resigns at Leipsic

Lake Catholic coach, Matt Moran, is stepping down after 8 seasons as the Cougars head coach. He will join the John Carroll University basketball coaching staff where his brother, Pete, is the head coach, and brother, Pat, is an assistant coach. His father, Mike, was the long-time JCU basketball head coach.

pretty much made the retirement announcement on 8th Anniversary Trucker Nation shocking the world
If I remember that team, they had 2 division 1 college athletes on their roster, was 63-1 in three years of regular season play. Had been playing in Div 1 and was bumped down to D2 for this season. I don't think the the world was shocked.

If I remember that team, they had 2 division 1 college athletes on their roster, was 63-1 in three years of regular season play. Had been playing in Div 1 and was bumped down to D2 for this season. I don't think the the world was shocked.
They did. Jeff Thomas played at Ga State and Breck Turner was a RB at Eastern Michigan. He didn’t do much in basketball because Thomas and their PG (Hardeway?) led the way.

Last edited:
They did. Jeff Thomas played at Ga State and Brock Turner was a RB at Eastern Michigan. He didn’t do much in basketball because Thomas and their PG (Hardeway?) led the way.
I was thinking I heard that their PG had a couple D1 schools interested but he went D2 so he could walk in a play right away plus get the degree he wanted. They also may have had a shooting guard that went to D.

Last edited:
1 for Division I, as mentioned Thomas to Ga St. Haraway went to Malone, then Ashland. 76-3 in 3 years if one still counts the loss to Whitmer in 12 Regional which 12 and 13 were only 2 years as DI school and smallest DI at that.

If anyone recalls the Yappi Poll, ASVSM, Bishop Watterson, and Thurgood Marshall received votes in the 20s-30s who was winning State. Norwalk received 5 with at least 3 being homer votes. And why not? Other 3 had Resumes and from metro areas. Watterson was defending Champs playing in their backyard with 4 Starters returning. Podunk Norwalk became the media darlings when they shocked the world. They were Rock Stars out in public later in day when team went out to eat.

1 for Division I, as mentioned Thomas to Ga St. Haraway went to Malone, then Ashland. 76-3 in 3 years if one still counts the loss to Whitmer in 12 Regional which 12 and 13 were only 2 years as DI school and smallest DI at that.

If anyone recalls the Yappi Poll, ASVSM, Bishop Watterson, and Thurgood Marshall received votes in the 20s-30s who was winning State. Norwalk received 5 with at least 3 being homer votes. And why not? Other 3 had Resumes and from metro areas. Watterson was defending Champs playing in their backyard with 4 Starters returning. Podunk Norwalk became the media darlings when they shocked the world. They were Rock Stars out in public later in day when team went out to eat.
Haraway had looks from D1 schools but he wanted to play right away. At least that's what he told me.

Wasn't Norwalk ranked #1 in state for some time that season?

Haraway had looks from D1 schools but he wanted to play right away. At least that's what he told me.

Wasn't Norwalk ranked #1 in state for some time that season?
I don't remember. Norwalk finished #2 behind league rival Ontario who snapped Truckers 57 game regular season winning streak. Norwalk hammered Warriors last game of season and Ontario proceeded to lose opening tournament game to Lex in Sectional. Backyard rival Willard won multiple AP Poll titles but never saw State Championship Game. Being Paper #1 means little if anything. But, don't tell that to a certain Stark County fanbase

I don't remember. Norwalk finished #2 behind league rival Ontario who snapped Truckers 57 game regular season winning streak. Norwalk hammered Warriors last game of season and Ontario proceeded to lose opening tournament game to Lex in Sectional. Backyard rival Willard won multiple AP Poll titles but never saw State Championship Game. Being Paper #1 means little if anything. But, don't tell that to a certain Stark County fanbase
All true but I would not say that a team who goes 76-3, has a 57 game winning streak, drops from D1 to D2 and is ranked #1 or #2 in Jan/Feb is shocking the world by winning a state title.