2020 St. Ignatius Football

What is the ceiling for the 2021 Cats?

The watered-down playoffs mean multiple losses could still get them in.

I am hoping to see an influx of talent in this year's Freshmen class but I have doubts.

Once again, the schedule is tough. There are a few very good skill players coming back, but the key is the line play. I'm not sure that there is very good, deep talent there.

Who is calling the plays this year for the Cats? Surprised there has been no announcement with the first mini-camp taking place soon.

2021 schedule (updated)
5 Home / 5 Away

Fri Aug 2 @ Springfield [Evans Stadium, 7:00 pm]

Fri Aug 27 @ Mentor [JTO, 7:00 pm]

Sat Sept 4 Baltimore (MD) Mount St. Joseph [Byers Field, 1:00 pm]

Fri Sept 10 @ Euclid [Sparky DiBiasio Field, 7:00 pm]

Sat Sept 18 Hoban [Byers Field, 7:00 pm]

Sat Sept 25 River Rouge (MI) [Byers Field, 4:00 pm]

Sat Oct 2 @ St. Edward [Lakewood First Federal, 7:00 pm]

Sat Oct 9 @ Cincinnati Moeller [Norwood Shea stadium, TBD]

Sat Oct 16 Cincinnati St. Xavier [Home – TBD, TBD]

Sat Oct 23 Canada North – Clarkson [Byers Field, 7:00 pm]

Last edited:
No “gimmes” other than Bishop Sycamore. Never thought I’d say that about a schedule with a Canadian team, but this is where we’re at.

I’m quietly hopeful for this years group. The ‘22 and ‘23 classes performed well at lower levels.

Pfaff showed flashes last year and should be capable with a good offseason. A fresh approach to playcalling can’t hurt (we’ll see).

No “gimmes” other than Bishop Sycamore. Never thought I’d say that about a schedule with a Canadian team, but this is where we’re at.

I’m quietly hopeful for this years group. The ‘22 and ‘23 classes performed well at lower levels.

Pfaff showed flashes last year and should be capable with a good offseason. A fresh approach to playcalling can’t hurt (we’ll see).
Did they name a new OC yet?

Hearing Bishop Sycamore is being replaced by Springfield for the opener. Schedule was taken down on the Ignatius website. Maxpreps shows the game with Springfield.

Any early camp reports?

Hearing Bishop Sycamore is being replaced by Springfield for the opener. Schedule was taken down on the Ignatius website. Maxpreps shows the game with Springfield.

Any early camp reports?
And an already difficult schedule just got harder. Springfield gave X a run for their money in the state semi-final and are expected to be a strong contender again this year.

This is just my opinion- Ignatius' defense was absolutely torched by Medina. Allars is a great QB but throwing for over 400 yards in one half is ridiculous.

That area is a huge question, as is the offensive line as is the QB.

This is just my opinion- Ignatius' defense was absolutely torched by Medina. Allars is a great QB but throwing for over 400 yards in one half is ridiculous.

That area is a huge question, as is the offensive line as is the QB.
Who is the qb? Do you know much about Springfield's qb Smoot?