2020 Games You Are Watching

EagleGuy

Without the B1G, the start of this season will be lean for many of us. For SEC and ACC fans, I hope the season goes as planned. That said, here are the games I plan to watch tomorrow:

(UNC) Charlotte at Appalachian State 12:00 ESPN2
Duke at Notre Dame 2:30 NBC
Clemson at Wake Forest 7:30 ABC

Hoping for decent games. And, c'mon B1G!

Sidenote: NC's governor has decided not even players' parents will be allowed to attend games.

Last edited:

With the SEC not starting until the weekend after this one and the B1G start to occur a month later, here's this week's games for me:

Duke at Boston College 12:00 Saturday FOX Sports Southeast
App State at Marshall 3:30 CBS

The (UNC)Charlotte vs. UNC game was postponed due to "the bug" hitting the Charlotte team. Was looking forward to this game. :(

Cincinnati opens the season vs. Austin Peay 12:00 for those of you have ESPN+.

Caught the end of Iowa State losing to the Ragin' Cajuns. That's all the college football I've seen so far. Probably watch Pitt/Syracuse this weekend.

It will not be Baylor and Houston as Baylor had an outbreak: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...uston-baylor-football-game-postponed-covid-19

Maybe Pat Forde was right, this thig is becoming a hot mess; "Both schools worked quickly to schedule the game last week after previous postponements. Houston had been set to face Memphis tonight, but a rise in positive COVID-19 tests at Memphis forced a postponement. Baylor had its original season opener Sept. 12 against Louisiana Tech postponed because of an COVID-19 outbreak with Louisiana Tech."

It will not be Baylor and Houston as Baylor had an outbreak: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...uston-baylor-football-game-postponed-covid-19

Maybe Pat Forde was right, this thig is becoming a hot mess; "Both schools worked quickly to schedule the game last week after previous postponements. Houston had been set to face Memphis tonight, but a rise in positive COVID-19 tests at Memphis forced a postponement. Baylor had its original season opener Sept. 12 against Louisiana Tech postponed because of an COVID-19 outbreak with Louisiana Tech."
No, he’s a . The majority of teams are doing things right and able to play. These college football writers are so egotistical, they’d gladly see this season cancelled bc it’s what they predicted.

Well my school Florida Atlantic had the following happen

Minnesota cancelled because the big 10 decided not to play early on

Stony brook cancelled their season

We had to postpone vs georgia southern cuz our team got covid

Now South Florida had to cancel vs us cuz notre dame got covid and they just played them.

So we are going to enter October without playing a game now ...

Well my school Florida Atlantic had the following happen

Minnesota cancelled because the big 10 decided not to play early on

Stony brook cancelled their season

We had to postpone vs georgia southern cuz our team got covid

Now South Florida had to cancel vs us cuz notre dame got covid and they just played them.

So we are going to enter October without playing a game now ...
I saw that. Unreal. Notre Dame and Wake Forest had to reschedule ^^^ and, maybe, FA can do the same?

I missed the NC State and Wake game this past weekend, but watched the 45-42 shootout at ACC.com, condensed to thirty minutes.

This week: #22 Army vs. #14 Cincinnati 3:30 ESPN

Alabama opens its season at Mizzou 7:00 ESPN

PAC-12 starts 7-game season starting early November, FWIW. :)

I saw that. Unreal. Notre Dame and Wake Forest had to reschedule ^^^ and, maybe, FA can do the same?

I missed the NC State and Wake game this past weekend, but watched the 45-42 shootout at ACC.com, condensed to thirty minutes.

This week: #22 Army vs. #14 Cincinnati 3:30 ESPN

Alabama opens its season at Mizzou 7:00 ESPN

PAC-12 starts 7-game season starting early November, FWIW. :)
I think we rescheduled georgia southern and south florida in December but who knows ? Season will have these messes as part of it

The game I will be watching this week:

UNC vs. Boston College 3:30 ABC (my area, anyway) The Tar Heels look like they have a pretty good team this year and BC is off to a good start. Hoping for a good, competitive game.

Two others slated for 3:30 kickoffs include:

Texas A&M vs. Alabama for SEC fans CBS I would like to see A&M roll the Tide, but it will be a tall order.

South Florida vs. Cincinnati ESPN+ This game makes me wish I had ESPN+. Sounds like a good one.

And now, tOSU is only (only?) three weeks from opening vs. the Cornhuskers. 12:00 Fox

Caught Georgia (27) and Auburn (6) this past Saturday eve. Hoped for a better game - even though I like the Bulldogs.

This week still waiting for the B1G to show up...

Virginia Tech(19) at UNC(8) 12:00 Saturday ABC (my area)

I don't think UNC is a top ten team and VT may not be a top 20 team. Usually root against the Tar Heels, but glad to see they are coming back.

Duke at Syracuse 12:30 Saturday Fox Sports Southeast

It's a possibility the Blue Devils may end up win-less this year. At least the Clemson QB transfer Brice seems to be improving.

Tennessee(14) at Georgia(3) 3:30 CBS

The best game of the day, imvho. Delta will be bringing showers, so my recliner may get a workout this day. :)

Alabama(2) at Ole Miss 7:30 ESPN

Tide the best team playing now, yes? If I have this game on, I will be doing something else at the same time - as usual.

NEXT WEEK:

Cincinnati at Tulsa 12:00 Saturday ESPN2

Who will the QB be? ?

Edit: Will not be played tomorrow. :(

Last edited:
One more week before the B1G starts its season. Seems like it has been an eternity waiting. LOL

Last week's game between the Vols and Dogs was not as competitive as hoped, especially in the second half. TN not "there" yet.

This week:

Georgia(3) at Alabama(2) appears to be the game of the day. Saturday 8:00 CBS (one website says 7:00, three say 8:00) Go Bulldogs.

UNC(5) at Florida State 7:30 ABC The Heels can score, but the D needs work. FSU is a team I love to hate. May sneak a few peaks during commercials.

Clemson(1) at Georgia Tech 12:00 ABC The Jackets may feel like a rambling wreck after this one.

Louisville at Notre Dame(4) 2:30 NBC May "watch" first half of ^ and first half of this game. Or, maybe mow the yard. :0

I'll also watch:

Duke at NC State 3:30 Fox Sports Southeast or ESPN3 (have seen both) Hopefully, a competitive game between two "locals".

Next week:
Nebraska at tOSU(6) Saturday 12:00 FOX Getting psyched!

Cincinnati(8) at SMU(17) Saturday 9:00 ESPN2 Fingers crossed. Game w/Tulsa moved to 12/5.

I'll watch the alma mater get slaughtered for about a quarter.
Only took me about 15 seconds to catch on. So...my memory is not too bad, afterall! :0

Sounds like GT has the building blocks for some good years (qb and rb). If they can build around them, good for them. Always liked the Yellow Jackets. ABC

GT gets one back on a great pass. Do I smell upset?

He's a recruiter that's true. But I can't see GTech being able recruit on the line like the large state schools or Clemson or the depth at the skills. It's a place a kid goes to get playing time early and still play a big time schedule. Top 20 maybe but top 10, I don't know if that can happen there.

Clemson has the unbeatable look.

Ohio State / Penn State tilt just announced for 7:30 kick time as national telecast on ABC on Halloween. It will be bizarre to witness a night game in State College vs tOSU with no white out, intense noise, bags of urine be tossed, etc. Let's hope someone cuts the wiring to that awful nittany lion sound effect though. It's just the worse.

Ohio State / Penn State tilt just announced for 7:30 kick time as national telecast on ABC on Halloween. It will be bizarre to witness a night game in State College vs tOSU with no white out, intense noise, bags of urine be tossed, etc. Let's hope someone cuts the wiring to that awful nittany lion sound effect though. It's just the worse.

I heard a rumor that they are going to do something with the stands to get a white out affect. It will be a better look than recent white out games against tOSU, many of their fans were not happy that the schools sells plenty of seats in the end zone plus their season ticket base has been selling off to tOSU fans too. The most recent game had a lot of red scattered throughout the stadium.

cvxstcfxgaawfex_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that they are going to do something with the stands to get a white out affect. It will be a better look than recent white out games against tOSU, many of their fans were not happy that the schools sells plenty of seats in the end zone plus their season ticket base has been selling off to tOSU fans too. The most recent game had a lot of red scattered throughout the stadium.

cvxstcfxgaawfex_orig.jpg
I assumed that they probably would. Perhaps cardboard cutouts? I also wonder what the policy is for player parents getting tickets for road games? This would guarantee at least a few scarlet shirts in the place.

cvxstcfxgaawfex_orig.jpg

If they would just announce a pink-out for breast cancer, they could pretend that was all their own idea.

Finally, the real season starts!

Nebraska at tOSU(6) Saturday 12:00 FOX

Cincinnati(8) at SMU(17) Saturday 9:00 ESPN2

A couple of opening MAC games Saturday after next:

Ohio University vs. Central Michigan 7:00 ESPN
Toledo University vs. Bowling Green 8:00 ESPNU

Last edited:
I do not understand the objection to ESPN3? At least those are games people can watch and they are national.
Have watched YSU, for example, on ESPN3 in the past. I see they open their season vs. ND State the third week of February.

My mind will be on basketball then.

Will watch some of the Penn State - Indiana game (3:30 FS1) before getting off my duff to do some yard work. :0

Last edited:
Learned something new today.

The player receiving a kick-off doesn't have to be the one to call the fair catch. Doesn't even have to be anyone near the ball. Probably can even be someone on the sidelines.

Trevor Lawrence has the Covid, anyone who thinks he is going to miss the ND game is smoking crack.