2020 Fantasy

OhioBobcatFan06

I've got an interesting keeper decision to make. I have Lamar Jackson in the 8th round. Normally, I am against keeping quarterbacks, but Jackson is a freak. The other option I am considering is Kareem Hunt in the 11th round. The way our league works, you lose the draft pick for the round you selected them in... Thoughts?

I never draft QBs early...in our 14 team league, there are typically 2 or 3 teams that have drafted their backup QB before I jump in and get my first one...but I would be all over Jackson in the 8th (and that's coming from a Brown's fan).

Jackson is far more impactful than anyone you'll be able to get in the 8th. Hunt's good but who knows what his role will be at this point. I'm not an early QB guy, but Jackson for an eighth is hard to pass up.

Jackson in the 8th rd is a no brainer. If you want Hunt, wait until the 11th rd to take him, if someone else takes him before that, you still win.

Ended up with the 6th pick in my draft. I am thinking the top 6 are McCaffrey, Barkley, Zeke, Cook, Kamara and Thomas. I am hoping one of those backs sneaks through. If not, I will take Thomas.

My favorite quote, which came from the Godfather of Fantasy (Rotisserie) football Dan Okrent,

"There is nothing more interesting than your own Rotisserie team, I think, and there is nothing more boring than someone else's"

Doing my first ever auction draft in an 8-man league tonight.

Any tips/suggestions from prior experiences?

Jackson in the 8th rd is a no brainer. If you want Hunt, wait until the 11th rd to take him, if someone else takes him before that, you still win.

Rather than your opinion, how about some facts? In all of ESPN leagues, Hunt's average draft position is player 66.8. In a ten person league, that is late 6th round. And he just signed a new long term deal. He will be getting plenty of reps.

Having said that, Lamar in the 8th round is your keeper. his ADP is 18.1 - late 2nd round. Great keeper!

Had our draft (12-team PPR) last Saturday. Here's what I ended up with (I had the 1st pick overall):

QB - Patrick Mahomes
RB - Christian McCaffery
RB - Devin Singletary
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Cooper Kupp
FLEX - Stefon Diggs
TE - Austin Hooper
D/ST - Ravens
PK - Robbie Gould

BE- Leonard Fournette
BE- Mecole Hardman
BE- Breshad Perriman
BE- Darrell Henderson
BE- Eric Ebron
BE- Justin Jackson
BE- Ryan Tannehill

Ended up with the 6th pick in my draft. I am thinking the top 6 are McCaffrey, Barkley, Zeke, Cook, Kamara and Thomas. I am hoping one of those backs sneaks through. If not, I will take Thomas.
Only go Thomas if Cook is the last RB left on that list.

Only go Thomas if Cook is the last RB left on that list.

I ended up with Kamara. In two, Julio Jones. 10 team league.

QB- Allen
RB- Kamara
RB- ?
WR- Julio
WR- Golladay
TE- Ertz
Flex- Allen Robinson
K- Gonzalez

B- Montgomery
B- Howard
B- Ronald Jones
B- Thompson
B- Dionte Johnson
B- Crowder
B- E. Sanders
B- Fant
B- Daniel Jones

For anyone that cares, here is how my spending went in my first ever auction draft ($200 per team, 8 teams, 2 QBs, 2 Flex, 8-man bench)

Saquon Barkley - $51
Nick Chubb - $34
Julio Jones - $30
Adam Thielen - $18
Allen Robinson - $13
Jonathan Taylor - $10
Newton/Stafford/Burrow - $21
Engram/Gronk - $8
Ravens D - $2
Butker as my K - $3

Rest of the bench is pretty nondescript. Wasn't elated with how I drafted/spent but the experience was cool. After the draft I was projected to finish 4th of 8 teams.

Considering Michael Thomas is out for tonight's MNF game, would you start Justin Herbert over Drew Brees?

Good question. New Orleans has a decent defense that could hound Herbert. Brees isn't what he was but even without Thomas has a decent supporting cast, including Kamara. I'd lean to Brees.

I kept Lamar. Should have kept Hunt! Oh well.

Thoughts on Tyler Boyd vs Tee Higgins from Bengals fans? I have both and have been starting Boyd but now have multiple trade offers for Higgins. I drafted Higgins in 11th so he has keeper potential for next year.

Any last minute thoughts on starting Tannehill (@CIN) vs Brady (@NYG) this week?

Leaning towards Brady but could be persuaded to switch.

Any last minute thoughts on starting Tannehill (@CIN) vs Brady (@NYG) this week?

Leaning towards Brady but could be persuaded to switch.
Super windy in Cincinnati, and Titans should be safely ahead, therefore running Henry a lot. Game script says "not Tannehill". Plus TB is rolling now.

Super windy in Cincinnati, and Titans should be safely ahead, therefore running Henry a lot. Game script says "not Tannehill". Plus TB is rolling now.

Got it. Knowing that helps a lot.

It's supposed to be fairly cold for tomorrow night's MNF game at Met Life (guessing temp will be around 40) so I'm not sure how that'll affect the Bucs passing game in turn.

Good call. That's going to be Henry all day. Tannehill won't have an awful game and will be steady, but TB has been on a roll and is playing the awful Giants. TB also has a history of not letting up when he gets comfortably ahead, continuing to step on the necks of obviously beaten teams later in games.