2019 Centerville Elite

adselder09

Here are the schools I know are participating - if anyone knows the other two toss their names out there. Bracket is typically seeded based on the current week's state rankings which means we'll have:

#1 Darby vs. #8 Centerville
#2 St X vs. #7 Dublin Jerome
#3 Moeller vs. #6 ?? (Could be Elder/Ignatius/#2 Dayton)
#4 vs. #5 (could be Elder, Ignatius, Beavercreek, Northmont, etc)

Once we figure out the other two teams use this thread to discuss and make predictions.

Last edited:

I just saw a copy of the matchups:

Darby (1) vs Centerville (8)
X (2) vs Dublin Jerome (7)
Moeller (3) vs Ignatius (6)
Elder (4) vs Lakota East (5)

I can post the bracket if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictions:

Darby over Centerville in 3
X over Jerome in 3
Moeller over Ignatius in 4
Elder over East in 4

Darby over Elder in 5
X over Moeller in 4
East over Centerville in 3
Ignatius over Jerome in 3

Darby over X in 5
Elder over Moeller in 4
Ignatius over East in 4
Centerville over Jerome in 3

1) Darby
2) X
3) Elder
4) Moeller
5) Ignatius
6) East
7) Centerville
8) Jerome

Waiting to see how Elder-Moeller plays out tomorrow before I make any predictions. I'm fairly certain Darby and X will each win their first match handily. Moeller likely gets by Ignatius and I think Elder will beat East, but Elder has been a dreadful Saturday morning team (losses to Mt Vernon and Beavercreek in straight sets and losing in 3 at Spikes for Tykes against Olentangy).

Predictions:

X over Jerome in 3
Moeller over Ignatius in 3
Elder over East in 4

Darby over Elder in 4
X over Moeller in 5
East over Centerville in 3
Ignatius over Jerome in 3

Darby over X in 5
Elder over Moeller in 5
East over Iggy in 4
Jerome over Centerville in 3

1) Darby
2) X
3) Elder
4) Moeller
5) East
6) Iggy
7) Jerome
8) Centerville

St X over Jerome in 3
Moeller over Ignatius in 3
Elder over East in 5

Darby over Elder in 4
St X over Moeller in 5
East over Centerville in 4
Ignatius over Jerome in 4

St X over Darby in 4
Moeller over Elder in 4
East over Ignatius in 5
Jerome over Centerville in 4

1. X
2. Darby
3. Moeller
4. Elder
5. East
6. Ignatius
7. Jerome
8. Centerville

Darby over Centerville in three. X over Jerome in 4. Other two matches in the back gym are both going to 4.

Moeller over Elder in three (last set 25-15)for third place
Darby over X in three (last set 25-15 for first place

Darby with a VERY impressive showing. St X cementing themselves as the 2nd best team in the state. I never would have expected Elder to struggle this much, but they are notorious for having rough patches during the regular season before going on tournament runs.

May be interesting to see how the South division 1 bracket shakes out. Moeller has beaten Elder all 3 times they have played and Elder beat St X the 1 time they played. Elder may choose to have a go at St X in the regional tournament since they seem to match up better with them

Darby with a VERY impressive showing. St X cementing themselves as the 2nd best team in the state. I never would have expected Elder to struggle this much, but they are notorious for having rough patches during the regular season before going on tournament runs.

May be interesting to see how the South division 1 bracket shakes out. Moeller has beaten Elder all 3 times they have played and Elder beat St X the 1 time they played. Elder may choose to have a go at St X in the regional tournament since they seem to match up better with them

Right now I'd agree, although id St. X dismantles Elder this Friday, they may think twice.

But also Moeller has home-court advantage for regional finals, so that's more incentive for Elder to choose the St X route, I'd think.

Sounds like Darby is the real deal. Surprised that Elder was the only team to even take a game off of Darby with the way they've been struggling.

This year's Elder team has been a disappointment. I know they're notorious for those bad stretches and rough patches, but it seems to be more than that this year, as those patches usually culminate in a loss or 2, but they're already at 7 for the entire year with 5 to go. After watching them, I'd say they have the talent, but maybe don't have the fire or will to give it their all? I mean, Moeller has beaten them EASILY the past 2 matches they've played. I don't know, just tough to see as an Elder fan.