2018 Football

Signing day- Moeller has a few guys doing the early signing for D1:

Zach Carpenter- Michigan
RJ Khayo- Wofford
Alex Merritt- Eastern Michigan
Luke Szabodas- Mercer

Several more seniors holding D1 offers or committed to D2/D3 will sign in regular period in February. Junker, Dixon, McKenzie, Mullaney, Boggs, O’Brien, Hendrix to name a few from the large group of 2019s.

Last edited:

Zach Carpenter- Michigan
RJ Khayo- Wofford
Luke Szabodas- Mercer

Several more seniors holding D1 offers or committed to D2/D3 will sign in regular period in February. Junker, Dixon, McKenzie, Mullaney, Boggs, O’Brien, Hendrix to name a few from the large group of 2019s.

Thanks Kballer. Those from that large group that will be signing in February any word on where they are going or what schools they are considering? I can't believe Mullaney doesn't have a MAC or FCS offer. What choices does McKenzie have? Thanks Kballer!

Zach Carpenter- Michigan
RJ Khayo- Wofford
Luke Szabodas- Mercer

What level will O’Brien and Boggs be playing at? Is Bradfish not playing in college? I thought he was just as good of a TE as those two.

All 3 TE have great size, with Bradfish probably getting the most reps this past season and some time at QB in 2017. Haven’t seen any chatter of visits/offers for Bradfish- could be he has had them but not posted on social media or maybe he is not interested in playing in college. Boggs has had a few offer/visit tweets from high academic schools in all levels- same with Junker and Dixon. O’Brien committed to Denison. Mullaney has had a lot of interest lately including offers from Butler and Youngstown. McKenzie committed to D2 Mercyhurst in PA. Hendrix has an offer from a couple of D2 schools including Urbana and Tiffin.

Last edited:
Was just realizing I haven’t heard anything for Watkins- would think he would have coaches knocking down the door? He had some big time plays this season, impressive power and led the GCL in rushing yards.

I’ve heard Deer Park and Madeira are also being looked at as options. The AD also tried to get in touch with Sycamore but they shot us down quickly.

I have no inside information what so ever but wouldn't be suprised if we end up at UC given our history of using nippert as a home field before. (did in the crable days) and the rosfeld-fickell connection.

Unless the rent fee is outrageous I hope we use nippert for a long time. Playing at UC makes the school and program look better to perspective students and their families than playing down at another high school.

With that being said, I think Maderia would make the most sense as far as high school options.

Deer Park and Madiera seem too small and UC seems too big. Loveland or maybe Kings could probably handle most crowds.

It is still just mind blowing to me the complete lack of foresight on facilities for us.

There is just absolutely no way it’s financially to our benefit to play at Nippert, just no way.

They have got to find some kind of permanent answer. If that answer is this “land purchase” in Loveland and it’s gong to be expensive, I think that would be a good opportunity for a Capital Campaign? Does anyone know where they are with paying off the construction of the gym, upgrade to classrooms, etc? Reason for asking, if we’re not in major debt, what are near and long term plans for the campus and athletic facilities? This seems like it was a long time coming...

At this point, I’m all for Madeira, Loveland and Kings aren’t logistically great options. Not shocked to hear the reaction was such from Sycamore, but we have gotta fix some of these relationships with other schools m, man.

Considering how attendance across HS football seem to be falling, I don’t know if a 8,000 seat stadium is necessary.

Is there not a way to enter into some kind of agreement with Madeira to be a financial partner in a facility to make it slightly larger and state of the art? It’s right down the road!!!

It is still just mind blowing to me the complete lack of foresight on facilities for us.

There is just absolutely no way it’s financially to our benefit to play at Nippert, just no way.

They have got to find some kind of permanent answer. If that answer is this “land purchase” in Loveland and it’s gong to be expensive, I think that would be a good opportunity for a Capital Campaign? Does anyone know where they are with paying off the construction of the gym, upgrade to classrooms, etc? Reason for asking, if we’re not in major debt, what are near and long term plans for the campus and athletic facilities? This seems like it was a long time coming...

At this point, I’m all for Madeira, Loveland and Kings aren’t logistically great options. Not shocked to hear the reaction was such from Sycamore, but we have gotta fix some of these relationships with other schools m, man.

Considering how attendance across HS football seem to be falling, I don’t know if a 8,000 seat stadium is necessary.

Is there not a way to enter into some kind of agreement with Madeira to be a financial partner in a facility to make it slightly larger and state of the art? It’s right down the road!!!

Moeller is going to make every attempt possible to make a baseball and football stadium a reality on the land you mention. However, this will take time to make it a reality. Sharing a stadium unfortunately will have to happen until then.

From a Moeller standpoint, Madeira is perfect, the colors are a close match and they even also have a big M on the field that is close enough to make it as true of a home game for Moeller outside of Moeller that they'll get. The parking situation is bleak enough at Madeira where they would need to run a shuttle bus from Moeller to Madeira like the church festivals do, but that would be fine considering its a hop, skip, and jump between them.

However, from a Madeira standpoint, there is really not much if any upside to a partnership. They don't need a bigger stadium for their program permanently, and to do so for Moeller they would have to give up the very last bit of land they have, the grass field behind the school next to the visitor seating, which makes no sense for a partnership that would be about 5 years (maybe 10?). Doing anything with their grass field would very likely have a big impact on their space and time allotment to their fall teams too, they have not only their football teams and boys soccer teams that need practice space like at Moeller, but also girls teams so I don't see them even entertaining the idea of permanent construction to help Moeller solve a 5 nights out of 365 problem. And unfortunately there's just no room for the necessary amount of temporary bleachers there.

Indian Hill HS is just about 3.5 miles away, probably about the same or less than the proposed future athletic complex at the Loveland site right (and definitely closer than Lockland) they are probably the better option to pursue than Madeira.

Lockland raised the rent to like $10K a game for 2019. I had heard from a friend who is connected with UC Athletic Department that they charge Moeller like $2K a game. UC wants us playing games down at Nippert. The Remington Road property will not be ready for years. Access to the property is not good and a lot of work/money needs to go into getting that ready for athletic fields since it's a gravel pit.

I can't imagine that Lockland will just let that deal die. They need the money. I'm guessing a compromise will be worked out.

Lockland raised the rent to like $10K a game for 2019. I had heard from a friend who is connected with UC Athletic Department that they charge Moeller like $2K a game. UC wants us playing games down at Nippert. The Remington Road property will not be ready for years. Access to the property is not good and a lot of work/money needs to go into getting that ready for athletic fields since it's a gravel pit.

Its not a gravel pit.

Do they plan on making any kind of public information available about the site in Loveland? I had seen some of y'all talk about it on here, but never specifically where this is located.

I love the sound of this and I say they go out and start soliciting now and let's get this thing rolling!

Madeira would be a good location for some games, but that stadium cannot hold a GCL-S game. Those would have to be played at Nippert. Most of Moeller's opponents outside of the GCL do not bring a large crowd (Ed's, Iggy, KY teams, WW, O Canada).

Agreed that HS football attendance is down. 5 - 6K is plenty of seating should a stadium ever be constructed.

At one time there was talk of using Madeira High School. They were going to put steps from Hosbrock Road up to the back side of Maderia's stadium and use the Chase building (whatever it's called now) parking garage for parking. This way people could park, cross the street and up the steps into the stadium. This would solve the parking issue. I agree with BigMoeFTW that moving the GCL South games to Nippert (Elder one year and X and LaSalle the next year) would solve the crowd problem. All it takes is a little forward thinking and AD's/Administrators getting together to work out the schedules and it could be done.

What ever happened to the idea of a complex in Blue Ash next to Summit Park where the old airport used to be? Is that still in the works?

At one time there was talk of using Madeira High School. They were going to put steps from Hosbrock Road up to the back side of Maderia's stadium and use the Chase building (whatever it's called now) parking garage for parking. This way people could park, cross the street and up the steps into the stadium. This would solve the parking issue. I agree with BigMoeFTW that moving the GCL South games to Nippert (Elder one year and X and LaSalle the next year) would solve the crowd problem. All it takes is a little forward thinking and AD's/Administrators getting together to work out the schedules and it could be done.

That's actually a great idea, not sure which property in Madeira they convince to put the steps on but that's definitely feasible. Still not sure I see the seating capacity working out (but I don't actually know what attendance is at Moe games either to be fair) but if it does I don't see why they haven't pursued that more...