2017 Football

Defense finishes the year giving up 265 points, the Coordinator tried so hard to break his previous record of 267. What a joke, I’ve voiced my issues here and directly with the school.

This has got to end, wholesale changes are needed and if not made, I don’t know what to say.

I don’t wanna hear how “tough” the schedule is...it always has been, come on! Now lack of home games, sure. But level of competition, come on!

To me, the performance on the defensive side of the ball is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’m getting up there in age.

I have concerns of how bad the program might look to prospective 8th graders.

Time for a new staff

Any one know what his contract situation is like?

Word is that if Iggy beats Eds tonight we will make the 8 seed and travel to X I presume. Specht might put John out of his misery in pretty rude fashion.

Any one know what his contract situation is like?

Word is that if Iggy beats Eds tonight we will make the 8 seed and travel to X I presume. Specht might put John out of his misery in pretty rude fashion.

I have no interest in seeing this team make the playoffs and get blown out by X. I don't know about Specht putting him out of his misery. He may get ultra conservative and keep it close. I'm sure he doesn't want Rodenberg going anywhere. He would probably like to see him stay at Moeller for a long time. Of course, I'm joking. It would be worse than the first time around and it will launch their momentum for another run.

Too late. Many 8th graders made their choice based on last two seasons. One nephew going to Eggsavier and the other to sycamore. Good school and FREE.

Too late. Many 8th graders made their choice based on last two seasons. One nephew going to Eggsavier and the other to sycamore. Good school and FREE.

yup, and so are alot of the public schools that Moe traditionally draws from. Also LaSalle is starting to target nothern areas, tradtionally moe/x territory in smoy/st.susanna.

But high school sports are cyclical. If the administration handles this situation properly we can come out of it.

yup, and so are alot of the public schools that Moe traditionally draws from. Also LaSalle is starting to target nothern areas, tradtionally moe/x territory in smoy/st.susanna.

But high school sports are cyclical. If the administration handles this situation properly we can come out of it.

There was a Moe open house sign in a front yard right across the street from LS.

If kids are basing their high school decision on a sport then they have bigger issues than worrying about Moeller footballs record the last two seasons. Seriously, do parents really think letting a 14 year old make a decision about 4 years of education based on a football teams record is the way to go?

Iggy's win puts Moe in at #7 and heading to Colerain next Friday night. Congrats to the players, Rody and coaches. Everyone is 0-0 and thanks to our AD we are good about playing AWAY games. GBM!!!!

If kids are basing their high school decision on a sport then they have bigger issues than worrying about Moeller footballs record the last two seasons. Seriously, do parents really think letting a 14 year old make a decision about 4 years of education based on a football teams record is the way to go?

In the northeast part of cincinnati, there are a lot of great academic choices with good football programs. Hard to go wrong at x, moe, sycamore, indian hill, Madeira, ETC. Few if any of these kids will play college ball, but good academics will go along way. And if they don't want to place for Rosenberg, so be it.

Iggy's win puts Moe in at #7 and heading to Colerain next Friday night. Congrats to the players, Rody and coaches. Everyone is 0-0 and thanks to our AD we are good about playing AWAY games. GBM!!!!

Are there 22 players at Moe who really have their heart in it? It didn't look like it at WE last night.

In the northeast part of cincinnati, there are a lot of great academic choices with good football programs. Hard to go wrong at x, moe, sycamore, indian hill, Madeira, ETC. Few if any of these kids will play college ball, but good academics will go along way. And if they don't want to place for Rosenberg, so be it.

You said 8th graders based their hs decision on the last 2 seasons- I find that ridiculous. Many also still have to actually get into X- based on the mass exodus a few of you predict, Moeller's football record just made that a lot harder.

Are there 22 players at Moe who really have their heart in it? It didn't look like it at WE last night.

They should! Neither the Senior or Junior classes have ever been to the Playoffs. After what X did last year being 5-5 and making the Playoffs and winning the State Title everyone at Moeller should be excited about the opportunity to play this week. If not then they aren't true Moeller players/fans. GBM!

They should! Neither the Senior or Junior classes have ever been to the Playoffs. After what X did last year being 5-5 and making the Playoffs and winning the State Title everyone at Moeller should be excited about the opportunity to play this week. If not then they aren't true Moeller players/fans. GBM!

man forget what the school over there did last year. Has nothing to do with this year and this team. IDGAF! bottom line as a moe player going to the bird cage means one thing. You better be ready to bring it all game or you will be embarrassed.

If any of them need extra motivation to play Colerain in the post season, TRANSFER!

man forget what the school over there did last year. Has nothing to do with this year and this team. IDGAF! bottom line as a moe player going to the bird cage means one thing. You better be ready to bring it all game or you will be embarrassed.

If any of them need extra motivation to play Colerain in the post season, TRANSFER!

I too could give two sh*&S about that school no North Bend Road but I was just saying if they can go on a run this time of year so can MOE. At Winton Woods they gave up 21 points on a pick 6, blocked punt for a TD and bad snap for a TD. You can't expect to win when you give up 21 points like that. We need good QB play from McKenzie. I would love to hear what MOJOE83 has to say.

So, with the boys making the playoffs how is Rodys chance of being gone next year?

45 Colerain (380 yards, 7.2yds /play)
0 Moeller (147yds, 1.6yds/rush, 5 turnovers)
Running clock from mid-third thru all 4th quarter. At 4-7 worst season ever in school history.
IMO this is even more embarrassing than the Middletown debacle in 2009. At least that one was competitive for a half.

After tonight I hope those chances are pretty good.
We'd better see something in the Enquirer Saturday morning.

Rody Resume

Back to back state titles 2012-2013 (Somewhat lackluster before then)
Coaching staff departs except for HC
Goes to state semis in 2014, L-Huber Heights Wayne
13-19 since
1-8 vs GCL in last 3 years
5-5, 4-6, 4-7 in last three years
3 non winning seasons in a row
Back to back losing seasons
Breaks own record for losses in a season
Asst coach challenging fans to fisticuffs
1-6 to end 2017 campaign
Embarrassing loss in default playoff game (shut out)
Outscored 114-28 in last three games
Fan base restless.

Where do we go from here?

Back to back state titles 2012-2013 (Somewhat lackluster before then)
Coaching staff departs except for HC
Goes to state semis in 2014, L-Huber Heights Wayne
13-19 since
1-8 vs GCL in last 3 years
5-5, 4-6, 4-7 in last three years
3 non winning seasons in a row
Back to back losing seasons
Breaks own record for losses in a season
Asst coach challenging fans to fisticuffs
1-6 to end 2017 campaign
Embarrassing loss in default playoff game (shut out)
Outscored 114-28 in last three games
Fan base restless.

Where do we go from here?

Basketball?

Hoban transfer

Whatever happened to #11 (Caden Clark)? I have not heard his name in three weeks. Did not see him at Colerain debacle either. Is he still in school?

I was informed that he is currently in the process of going to St. X

Ya, like his brother, he will enroll in 3 different HS's until daddy is satisfied. Moeller never has and never will win with these types of kids. My guess is Moe is happy to see him go! He is a soph. playing behind a 4 star TE headed to the SEC to play college football and they pull him? Seriously?

Ya, like his brother, he will enroll in 3 different HS's until daddy is satisfied. Moeller never has and never will win with these types of kids. My guess is Moe is happy to see him go! He is a soph. playing behind a 4 star TE headed to the SEC to play college football and they pull him? Seriously?

An Sec school, but not a good SEC school.... overrated in my opinion and didn’t have much production all year it seemed like to me

An Sec school, but not a good SEC school.... overrated in my opinion and didn’t have much production all year it seemed like to me

Definitely not overrated, just didn't get the opportunities for big numbers. Have seen Bates play several times- imho, better than any TE I have seen at high school level in recent years. Kid is a stud athlete- wish him well.
Clark is what he is- daddy's little puppet. Feel bad for kids like him that get shopped around like a commodity instead of getting to enjoy their high school experience. He is very talented and seemed to like being at Moeller, wish the kid well wherever he lands next...and next....

Definitely not overrated, just didn't get the opportunities for big numbers. Have seen Bates play several times- imho, better than any TE I have seen at high school level in recent years. Kid is a stud athlete- wish him well.
Clark is what he is- daddy's little puppet. Feel bad for kids like him that get shopped around like a commodity instead of getting to enjoy their high school experience. He is very talented and seemed to like being at Moeller, wish the kid well wherever he lands next...and next....

Yes, he wasn't targeted a lot this year. The QB situation didn't help anything. He ended his recruitment pretty early. Turned down offers from big 10 schools, minnesota, iowa, IU, big 12 schools WVU, ACC- pitt, lousiville and a couple premier academic schools-duke, vanderbilt. Clemson, Notre Dame, Penn State and Flordia State were in contact but never offered before he committed to UK. I'm sure he would have gotten a bigger offer if he kept his recruitment open. His grandfather played basketball at Kentucky. I'm sure that was a factor as well.