2012 Season

So moeller couldn't just schedule these teams non-league? But instead have to drive 2 hours to beat waterfall 10-0, instead of staying in cinch to beat elder 10-0? There's no reason not to just have a strong non-league schedule and not have to drive to Columbus for half the games. Talawanda played Jerome twice, liberty, Coffman, moeller, st Charles, orange, and ua last year without having to.

do you really care that much that Moeller left?

being in the CHC really helped moe the past 2 years (especially last year). they lost to jerome early in the season by a lot but rebounded over the course of the season and ended up losing to them in OT 1-0. playing in the swohshl would have had different results at state.

No buddy your wrong, they didn't lose any of their fast players, and they still have a couple kids who can hit.

they'll be fast but not big. only one, maybe 2 of their players are big hitters. their 3 injuries in one game is evidence of that.

moeller goal keeper calvin fix is going to be a force this year....im going to be so bold as to say he will allow less than 3 goals all year on there way to the state title

St. John's should get to the frozen four without much trouble this year. The only teams that could put up a fight against them are Northview and St. Francis. But both teams are down this year so I don't see the Titans having any issues with either of them.

Games

Hey so who's playing on opening weekend? I know the annual talawanda vs moeller game is next Friday. How did scrimmages go?

How strong is Orange this year? And Talawanda goes to Columbus to play Olentangy Braves, and St. Charles this weekend. Is St. Charles supposed to be better or worse than last year?

If Moeller is able to stay healthy this year, they have so much talent on their team, with no real weakness besides their size which is made up for by their speed, that they should be a pretty hard team to beat this year. Coaching could have an affect on this prediction as well.

@braves orange is decent this year, about the same as they were last year, if not a little weaker. Charles should struggle this year being in the top division vs. the likes of Jerome, Liberty, Coffman, and Moeller. They are suppose to be worse then last year though. Good luck in Columbus this weekend!

St. iggs did win the whole thing, they beat liberty i think 4-0 in the championship. Talawanda had a rough weekend losing 3 of 4. Lost to Moeller and Liberty 6-2 and Lake Catholic 8-2.
Moeller lost to Liberty 3-1, and lost to Lake 7-1, not sure how they faired with Padua on Sunday.
Liberty beat Lake catholic 3-2 and lost to st. i's 4-0
Libertys first line looked as good as anyone, but looked like huge drop offs the next two lines. and goaltending may be an issue.
Moeller looked pretty solid throughout. Not too many glaring weaknesses.
Talawanda needs more depth.
Anyone hear how anyone else did over the weekend from the district?

St. iggs did win the whole thing, they beat liberty i think 4-0 in the championship. Talawanda had a rough weekend losing 3 of 4. Lost to Moeller and Liberty 6-2 and Lake Catholic 8-2.
Moeller lost to Liberty 3-1, and lost to Lake 7-1, not sure how they faired with Padua on Sunday.
Liberty beat Lake catholic 3-2 and lost to st. i's 4-0
Libertys first line looked as good as anyone, but looked like huge drop offs the next two lines. and goaltending may be an issue.
Moeller looked pretty solid throughout. Not too many glaring weaknesses.
Talawanda needs more depth.
Anyone hear how anyone else did over the weekend from the district?

Moeller beat Padua sunday 5-2 along with the previous posted scores

St X beat Olentangy Braves 6-3, Clay 9-3, and Kilbourne 6-3, but lost to DeSales 2-6

Springboro beat Centerville 2-1 on Friday

Elder pulled out a Victory against Perrysburgh, but got killed by Olentangy Braves, Thomas Worthington,and Kilbourne

The Talawanda hockey program has made a few huge changes to their approach for the season.
1. New coach (Steve McGrinder) google him..... he's the real deal
2. Lost 2 seniors from last year
3. Off season work outs are legit for the Braves

I remember seeing him play for the Cyclones.

Elder will probably win about 7-9 games this year. X and Sycamore are down from last year, and they play Perrysburgh a few more times, with other favorable games against Lasalle. Beavercreek is not as good this year, Elder lost to them 6-5 in a scrimmage.only 3 seniors for Elder this year.

Iggys is always strong, another team that has started of very well is Sylvania Northview who is 9-0 with 48 goals for and only 15 they look like the teams to beat

And how is Talawanda doing this year? Moe seemed to play pretty well this weekend in the St John's tournament placing 4th against some of the state's elite teams.