2009 Polar Bear Football

People seem to be happy with Coach Balderson so far. How do you think the Bears will do this year? I know they don't have much coming back for this season. That Logan kid should be tough, are there any other players stepping up this season?

I have also heard nothing but good things about new Coach Balderson. My insiders have described him as a mix between Patton and Max from Saved by the Bell. If that means that he is a stern taskmaster who performs occasional magic tricks then count me as his #1 fan.

Not to disparage the players but I've also heard that we are lacking on talent for the next several years. Hopefully Balderson can get the most out of these players and we can be competitive next season.

Boom Outta Here.

Lacking talent and size.

Jackson's next chance fall glory won't come until the fall of 2011.

This year will be rough.

Could it be "someone saw the writing" as they say...to preserve a legacy???

I am more optimistic than most. I think the Jackson passing game will surprise a lot of teams. Grant is accurate, has a strong arm and quick release. If the o-line performs and gives him time, he has some good people to throw to as well. I think the o-line will perform better than most think. I am a little concerned about the defense based upon scrimmages, but it appears we did not do anything fancy (shifts/stunts, etc.) to cross up the offense which could make a difference. All in all, I think the Polar Bears will be a good surprise this year.

We will see in a month or two if I have to eat my words, but at this point, I believe in them. I predict a 7-3 season.

Last edited: