2000 Hoover Vikings @ Green Bulldogs

Never forget this game. A very young and inexperienced (but quite talented) Hoover team was coming off a tough loss to a good Louisville team but Green beat a then pretty good Manchester team. The first half was pretty uneventful with a 7-0 Hoover lead but then the 3rd qtr the wheels fell off for Green and Hoover scored 35 points in the quarter en route to a 49-0 final and Green mustered only 1 first down. I remember in week 11 coming back on a friday night to watch this Green team completely decimate Tiffin Columbian.

Never forget this game. A very young and inexperienced (but quite talented) Hoover team was coming off a tough loss to a good Louisville team but Green beat a then pretty good Manchester team. The first half was pretty uneventful with a 7-0 Hoover lead but then the 3rd qtr the wheels fell off for Green and Hoover scored 35 points in the quarter en route to a 49-0 final and Green mustered only 1 first down. I remember in week 11 coming back on a friday night to watch this Green team completely decimate Tiffin Columbian.
Unfortunately for Green, falling apart in the third quarter against Hoover has become a recurring theme in this series. The 2016 and 2019 games went fine for Green in the first half, and then, like you said, the wheels fell off.

The game ball from the playoff game against Tiffin Columbian is still in the trophy case outside of the gym at GHS. It was the second playoff win in Green history, with the first coming in 1993 against Padua Franciscan.

Unfortunately for Green, falling apart in the third quarter against Hoover has become a recurring theme in this series. The 2016 and 2019 games went fine for Green in the first half, and then, like you said, the wheels fell off.

The game ball from the playoff game against Tiffin Columbian is still in the trophy case outside of the gym at GHS. It was the second playoff win in Green history, with the first coming in 1993 against Padua Franciscan.

I also remember checking out the first round game in 2001 where they destroyed Howland. Green improved a lot between week 1 and week 11 in both 2000 and 2001. I think the halftime score in 2001 was 12-0 Hoover before the wheels fell off. That Hoover team was a more big play team in all 3 phases. Their running game struggled more than a regular Hoover team of that time.

Then there was that 2003 game where Green controlled much of the first half led 3-0 before Hoover had a pick 6 and then a nice 2 minute drive to end the first half and then Green just snowballed ain the 2nd half.

Last edited: