20-21 Federal League Basketball

my2sense

awpatfire said he was not doing the whole thread again this season due to the likely disarray to occur with cancellations, postponements, etc. So if we all pitch in with info we can see what happens.

Last edited:
Perry 76 Medina Highland 61

Quentin Toles had a career high 37 points, including 24 in the first half. Panthers had 15 threes, 8 by Toles.

Mackinbiner, talking with a couple of the Hoover bball parents, sounds like the team is going to be shut down for a few weeks. I've got a feeling in January teams might be playing 3-4 games a week.

I don't know why, but it's been announced that this Friday's Hoover - Jackson game has been postponed.
I heard the same - due to some quarantining issues - I imagine B-Ball will look like Football, although it's a lot easier to make up games, especially with limited attendance which eases logistics. Hoping it can be a semi-normal year.

On BigTimeSports:
New Podcast?with Ryan Beltz
? Ryan welcomed in Josh Weir to give a Federal League ? preview!
Is McKinley’s ceiling a State ??
Can Jackson take that next step
Green looking to defend Fed ?
Toles & Perry
Lake & Hoover!
*Apologize we had some technical issues at end of interview
Segments 2 & 3?
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/KcBoUnkNjPGVCQT9A

Mackinbiner, talking with a couple of the Hoover bball parents, sounds like the team is going to be shut down for a few weeks. I've got a feeling in January teams might be playing 3-4 games a week.

I've heard pretty much the same. Couldn't find their Covid dashboard on their school site. Jax listed only 6 in the HS.

Not saying specifically Hoover but I know some school admins - including ADs - who just want to shut down for December and wait for second semester to commence.

New Podcast?with Ryan Beltz
? Ryan welcomed in Josh Weir to give a Federal League ? preview!
Is McKinley’s ceiling a State ??
Can Jackson take that next step
Green looking to defend Fed ?
Toles & Perry
Lake & Hoover!
*Apologize we had some technical issues at end of interview
Segments 2 & 3?
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/KcBoUnkNjPGVCQT9A
Keep up the great work over at BTS - we appreciate it!

Not sure how accurate those Covid dashboards are. North Canton's hasn't been updated in a week.
I'm pretty sure Jackson has gone remote. I'm guess Jackson will have a chance to play more games since there player won't be getting exposed to other students. It looks like going remote is a big advantage in sports.

Jax had a variety of choices - come in person, do remote or mix the two. Don't know their most recent status.

I saw on social media that Jackson is going to remote learning. Smart move. I wouldn't have said that 2 months ago but I think it is now. Might be the only way to get any type of a season played.

My Preseason Ranking of Fed teams.

1. McKinley- The clear favorite. Quite possibly one of the best teams in the state. They have one of the best players in the state in Johnson, and an experienced roster that has size, speed, and knows how to win. This might be the best Federal League team since Jackson's teams with Kyle Young.

2. Green- The defending champs, but graduated 4 seniors who played 4 years on varsity. Always very well coached. Oddo is a terriffic scorer. The team has size but the backcourt is unproven. I'm excited to see how the new-look Bulldogs do.

3. Jackson- I know they had a bad record last year, but they lost a lot of close games. I expect them to turn it around. James and Skeriotis can both score, and I was impressed by Sullivan as well. They return almost everyone from a year ago. Jackson has high expectations for their basketball program, so another losing season won't be acceptable.

4. Perry- Toles dropped 37 in the opener. Not many players can do that. Perry has steadily improved the last few years, and should be competitive again. Looks like they have some real offensive firepower this year.

5. Lake- No way they're as bad as last year. I think Mc Bride figures out a way to keep them competitive. They always play hard. Vaughan is a very good outside shooter, and will probably be the go-to guy on offense.

6. Glen Oak- Losing a player like Christian Parker is going to hurt. The Eagles had a very good season a year ago, but my guess is that they go back to being near the bottom of the league.

7. Hoover- Delaying the season is going to put Hoover at a big disadvantage once they do start play. I doubt it's going to be a very fun year for Hoover basketball. Unfortunate break for them.

My Preseason Ranking of Fed teams.

1. McKinley- The clear favorite. Quite possibly one of the best teams in the state. They have one of the best players in the state in Johnson, and an experienced roster that has size, speed, and knows how to win. This might be the best Federal League team since Jackson's teams with Kyle Young.

2. Green- The defending champs, but graduated 4 seniors who played 4 years on varsity. Always very well coached. Oddo is a terriffic scorer. The team has size but the backcourt is unproven. I'm excited to see how the new-look Bulldogs do.

3. Jackson- I know they had a bad record last year, but they lost a lot of close games. I expect them to turn it around. James and Skeriotis can both score, and I was impressed by Sullivan as well. They return almost everyone from a year ago. Jackson has high expectations for their basketball program, so another losing season won't be acceptable.

4. Perry- Toles dropped 37 in the opener. Not many players can do that. Perry has steadily improved the last few years, and should be competitive again. Looks like they have some real offensive firepower this year.

5. Lake- No way they're as bad as last year. I think Mc Bride figures out a way to keep them competitive. They always play hard. Vaughan is a very good outside shooter, and will probably be the go-to guy on offense.

6. Glen Oak- Losing a player like Christian Parker is going to hurt. The Eagles had a very good season a year ago, but my guess is that they go back to being near the bottom of the league.

7. Hoover- Delaying the season is going to put Hoover at a big disadvantage once they do start play. I doubt it's going to be a very fun year for Hoover basketball. Unfortunate break for them.
Are you sure those 4 kids from Green were only there for 4 years? It seemed like about 7. Much like Chandler Vaudrin and Kobe Johnson.